WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Customizing Layouts (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   NUI Debuffs (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41837)

Daveronline 11-17-11 12:26 PM

NUI Debuffs

I have a question and it may be a setup thing, but I am hoping someone can help.

In Blackrock caverns Heroic... When fighting boss Corla I am having a problem with the stack up on the laser beam. When I am in the beam I see no stack up so I dont know when to leave. Can someone please help?

Xrystal 11-17-11 12:41 PM

Your debuffs should appear on the left in the center of the screen. I've not done that instance on heroic and on regular I have only tanked it and don't recall having problems like that.

Of course if you have No Hud at the top of your screen then perhaps you are not seeing any of your debuffs or the targets buffs at all.

I can't remember off hand if No Hud removes the display of your buffs and cooldowns in the center of the screen too.

Next time you are in that instance do a screenshot and attach it here. Hopefully the above will help you see which debuff it is.

Of course if someone else has done that instance and can point it out to you that would be even more helpful.

Daveronline 11-18-11 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 247437)
Your debuffs should appear on the left in the center of the screen. I've not done that instance on heroic and on regular I have only tanked it and don't recall having problems like that.

Of course if you have No Hud at the top of your screen then perhaps you are not seeing any of your debuffs or the targets buffs at all.

I have nothing at the top of the Screen. I do have indicators on the left but they do not show the count up of the lazers.

I will try to play with the HUD

Thank you!

Chmee 11-18-11 12:56 PM

If you have nothing at the top of the screen, you either have a custom "skin" which doesn't include the console, or you're running nui6. In the former case, disable the skin. In the latter, install Raven.

Note: nui6 has only one hud view at the moment.

Daveronline 11-18-11 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chmee (Post 247490)
If you have nothing at the top of the screen, you either have a custom "skin" which doesn't include the console, or you're running nui6. In the former case, disable the skin. In the latter, install Raven.

Note: nui6 has only one hud view at the moment.

I downloaded from Curse. I have no skin up. What does Raven pertain too.

Sorry still new to NUI.

Thank you for the help!!

Xrystal 11-18-11 03:03 PM

Hmm, okay, can you do a quick screenshot of your nUI screen and attach it to a reply here. I just want to make sure the screen should show it properly. Use the same character you did that instance with last as hopefully it still has the same settings it had then.

As far as I know the debuffs from that instance should work the same as other debuffs. I know the ICC debuff stacks worked but that was before the new aura changes came into play with Blizz.

Can anyone confirm they have these stacking buffs working properly in nUI without another addon ?

Vis 11-18-11 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chmee (Post 247490)
If you have nothing at the top of the screen, you either have a custom "skin" which doesn't include the console, or you're running nui6

Or at some point in time you've used this command

Quote:

/nui console {on|off|mouseover}

Sets the visibility option for the top console where 'on' always show the console, 'off' always hides the console and 'mouseover' shows the console when the mouse is over the console.

Daveronline 11-18-11 09:42 PM

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat137.html#

How do I get the Icons in the upper right corner?

In the pic for NUI6

Thanks for all the help

Xrystal 11-19-11 03:11 AM

nUI6 only has the auras in the top right because nUI6 is still in alpha and hasn't had its custom aura set up incorporated.

nUI6 is only available to you if you are a member of the nUI user group which is free to sign up for but with Scott away at the moment and him, as far as I know, being the only one to switch on the access for the download for nUI5+ and nUI6.

Daveronline 11-19-11 08:11 AM

Which one is better?

Xrystal 11-19-11 11:56 AM

nUI5+ has a few extra unitpanels such as 25 man and 40 man. I think 10 man is a part of regular nUI5 .
nUI6 is still in alpha stage and still has a ways to go before it will fully replace nUI5. What he has done however is allow us mere mortals to play with it somewhat to see whether it works the way we want t to work. He aims to have it more customizable in game than nUI5 is which is why it is taking so long to get each stage up and running as they are more than likely interactive with other elements. What hasn't been customized into nUI6 has been freed up to allow blizz's version to be used instead. The aura set up in the top right being a prime example of this as he hasn't added aura customization to nUI6 yet.

As a new user to nUI though I would suggest playing with nUI5 as you have been doing and when Scott is back online it may be time to sign up and jump in and see what you like about the nUI6 changes and if you find you do 25 and 40 mans often you can use nUI5+.