WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released AddOns (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   McRun - Official thread (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32575)

Cogwheel 05-18-10 02:50 PM

McRun - Official thread

This thread is for discussion of my McRun framework and any of my McRun addons.

I'm happy to answer any questions from people trying to write McRun addons, or users trying to figure out how to use them. I'm also open to any feedback on the framework itself (especially proposed additions to McLib).

And yes, I'm nuts! :D

The McRun page linked above has a list of McRun addons (the ones that I know about, anyway... Post here if you want yours added)

Torhal 05-18-10 09:00 PM

I think I just swallowed my own tongue.
Wow.

Ferous 05-19-10 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 188437)
I think I just swallowed my own tongue.

This has been a huge fear of mine IRL for some time for some reason, I pray you didn't...

xandora 05-19-10 03:08 AM

I would LOVE to see how addons actually work with this.

It looks amazing.

Wella 05-19-10 06:44 AM

Would someone like to explain to me what this does to someone who knows nothing about addon coding?

:(

Cogwheel 05-19-10 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xandora (Post 188463)
I would LOVE to see how addons actually work with this.

It looks amazing.

Here's a sneak peek of CogsBar McRun:

After the McRun framework (~5 macro slots), what you see there took 3 macro slots (really, just over 2) for the addon plus one character-specific macro for configuration. Once I get the state-based paging finished it'll be ready for its close-up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wella (Post 188470)
Would someone like to explain to me what this does to someone who knows nothing about addon coding?

:(

Essentially it's an addon framework that loads code from macros, which are stored on the server. No addons required, and you have access to the modifications no matter what computer you play on.

Petrah 05-19-10 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cogwheel (Post 188477)

Essentially it's an addon framework that loads code from macros, which are stored on the server. No addons required, and you have access to the modifications no matter what computer you play on.

So would you be able to use Target For Me without having to have the addon installed, and would you still only have to use just 1 button?

Cogwheel 05-19-10 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 188484)
So would you be able to use Target For Me without having to have the addon installed, and would you still only have to use just 1 button?

That all depends on how Target For Me is written. If it has to use a lot of pre-programmed data (info on dungeons, the mobs that you're looking for, etc.) then it probably wouldn't be a good fit (literally).

Cogwheel 05-19-10 04:52 PM

Small update: CogsBar McRun is finished, and I'm throwing together some documentation as we "speak" :banana:

Edit: et voilą: http://cogwheel.info/wow/CogsBarMcRun.html

Slakah 05-19-10 05:46 PM

Nifty, Cloud addons.

Although why not seperate McRun into a separate addon and allow for better addon-> macro compression?

Cogwheel 05-19-10 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slakah (Post 188549)
Nifty, Cloud addons.

Although why not seperate McRun into a separate addon and allow for better addon-> macro compression?

Yeah, I've already done that with AutoMcRun. Might as well extend it to the libraries.

Cogwheel 05-20-10 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cogwheel (Post 188583)
Yeah, I've already done that with AutoMcRun. Might as well extend it to the libraries.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...768-McLib.html

Docnsane 05-20-10 01:41 AM

With a little bit of trial and error, I've figured out a bit of how the bars you create relate to the real bars for documentation purposes.

The first 12 buttons you create uses Bar 1, the next 12, uses bar 2, and so on until you hit bar 10 (120 total global buttons).

While you can create additional bars past that, it they will not be assignable as they are reserved for various things such as the totem bar.

It does not matter how you actually split the bars, but the assignment is in order of whatever you create the bars in the config.

Looking at your example,

Code:

bars={
 {B=28,W=7,V=180,H=-320,
  S="[form:1]1;[form:2]2;[form:3]3",N=3,
  K={'1','2','3','4','5','6','7',
    "'",',','.','P','Y','F','G',
    'A','O','E','U','I','D','H',
    ';','Q','J','K','X','B','M',},
 },
 {B=36,W=9,V=180,H=50},
}

B = Number of buttons in the bar
V= Pixels from bottom
H= Pixels from Center, positive going right.
W = Number of buttons per row (rows are generated based on [b]uttons/[W]idth)
S = Switching based on the model form:1 => bar 1
N= ??? I have no idea
K= Key binding, ordered by the order of bars from left to right, top row to bottom, placed in a single dimension array.

So...what's N? I couldn't figure that out at all as the code is of course obfuscated for compactness.

FYI: I'm Pallyana on the "other" forum thread.

Slakah 05-20-10 06:16 AM

lua Code:
  1. local f,l=CF()f:SSc("OnEvent",function()for b=0,4 do for s=0,GetContainerNumSlots(b)do l=GetContainerItemLink(b,s)if l and select(3,GetItemInfo(l))==0 then ShowMerchantSellCursor(1)UseContainerItem(b,s)end end end end)f:R"MERCHANT_SHOW"

Ok heres an autojunk seller, 237 characters (it's not tested but it's pretty much identical to tekjunkseller).

Cogwheel 05-20-10 07:57 AM

Quote:

So...what's N? I couldn't figure that out at all as the code is of course obfuscated for compactness.
N is the number of states used by S. The states in S (which use the macro option system) must go from 1 to N unless you want to waste action slots (which may actually be desirable if you just want to add to the built-in bars)

There's also an unused option, P for "Point", which sets the anchor point of the bar relative to UIParent (usually equal to the screen edges). It defaults to "BOTTOM", hence the descriptions of H and V. You can use any of the anchor points used by SetPoint.

Docnsane 05-20-10 08:57 AM

Oo..thanks. That's what I figured it was for, but wasn't sure.

Also, in case anyone else was trying to figure it out. The configurations go in a macro called "CBConfig1" (or CBConfig<n> as many configuration files as you need.)

Wella 05-20-10 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cogwheel (Post 188477)

So, put short, it's a nifty thingamybob which means you don't have to config your UI on another computer?

Cogwheel 05-20-10 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wella (Post 188619)
So, put short, it's a nifty thingamybob which means you don't have to config your UI on another computer?

At least the most important parts of your UI, as long as they're built with McRun addons.

CogsBar was my main motivation for creating McRun since my action bar needs are so specific.

dafire 05-21-10 04:48 AM

Since I'm at work and can't try it here maybe someone can answer me a small question ;)

Is it possible to switch buttons/bars when you switch your talents to the second spec ?

Cogwheel 05-21-10 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafire (Post 188713)
Since I'm at work and can't try it here maybe someone can answer me a small question ;)

Is it possible to switch buttons/bars when you switch your talents to the second spec ?

Hmm... At the moment all the underlying actions will change since that's handled server-side. CogsBar won't get the message, though, so right now there's no way to automatically switch the physical layout.

I was hesitant to bump CogsBar's macro slot use up to 4 just for state-based visibility, but dual spec support would certainly be worth it.

In the meantime, you can work around it by keeping two separate CConfig macros and change the names when you switch specs.