WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Macro Help (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   script/macro player buffs grow right (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57877)

insearchof 03-16-20 04:48 AM

script/macro player buffs grow right

Hello!

I am looking for a script that makes my buffs and debuffs grow right instead of left.

I think there was one in the old arena junkies default ui scripts. I believe the site shut down so I can't check there (if anybody somehow has access to these scripts, sharing would be really appreciated!)

Thanks in advance.

lairdofdeath 03-17-20 12:04 PM

i believe ELVui has what your looking for

insearchof 03-17-20 03:43 PM

Hey there!

I am actually looking for a script that changes the direction. I know I can get the job done with MoveAnything, Raven, elvui etc but I am trying to avoid that.

I tried hooking the BuffButton_UpdateAnchors to another function where the buff set points are changed from right/left to left/right but it doesn't seem to work.

p.s. I also think I posted in the wrong threads, apologies.

lairdofdeath 03-18-20 04:34 PM

that's why i mentioned ELVui so you could look to see how they did it for inspiration.

Nimhfree 03-19-20 06:39 AM

I have used this technique to move my debuffs over my buffs (which I moved to the bottom of the screen). You could use this as a template for moving them in whatever manner you desired but you will have to do the work to reverse their display order based on the index.
Code:

hooksecurefunc("AuraButton_Update", function(buttonName, index, filter)
        local buffName = buttonName .. index
        if "DebuffButton1" == buffName then
                local buff = _G[buffName]
                if nil ~= buff and not buff.moved then
                        hooksecurefunc(buff, "SetPoint", function(self, point, relativeFrame, relativePoint, offsetX, offsetY)
                                if relativeFrame ~= BuffFrame or relativePoint ~= "TOP" or offsetX ~= 10 then
                                        self:ClearAllPoints()
                                        self:SetPoint("BOTTOM", BuffFrame, "TOP", 10, 24)
                                end
                        end)
                        buff.moved = true
                end
        end
        if "BuffButton1" == buffName then
                local buff = _G[buffName]
                if nil ~= buff and not buff.moved then
                        hooksecurefunc(buff, "SetPoint", function(self, point, relativeFrame, relativePoint, offsetX, offsetY)
                                if relativeFrame ~= WorldFrame or relativePoint ~= "BOTTOMRIGHT" or offsetX ~= -290 then
                                        self:ClearAllPoints()
                                        self:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", WorldFrame, "BOTTOMRIGHT", -290, -4)
                                end
                        end)
                        buff.moved = true
                end
        end
end)

Sylen 03-22-20 03:27 PM

Those are the old scripts from arenajunkies (Short version for macro usage)
Source 1 Check stream description
Source 2 Chat command, iirc !addons or !ui

BuffFrame
Code:

function UABA() bn="BuffButton" for i=1,BUFF_ACTUAL_DISPLAY do b=_G[bn..i] if i>1 then b:ClearAllPoints() if mod(i,8)==1 then b:SetPoint("TOP",_G[bn..(i-8)],"BOTTOM",0,-15) else b:SetPoint("LEFT",pb,"RIGHT",5,0) end end pb=b end end
hooksecurefunc("BuffFrame_UpdateAllBuffAnchors",UABA)

Code:

DebuffFrame
hooksecurefunc("DebuffButton_UpdateAnchors", function(bn,i) if i>1 then b=_G[bn..i] b:ClearAllPoints() if mod(i,8)==1 then b:SetPoint("TOP",_G[bn..(i-8)],"BOTTOM",0,-15) else b:SetPoint("LEFT",_G[bn..(i-1)],"RIGHT",5,0) end end end)