WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cladhaire's Mods (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Clique (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15165)

ljudsnubbe 03-05-08 03:28 PM

Clique

I just installed Clique, but I cant set it up the way I want it.
I want to use left and rightclick on my playerframe to use healing- and manapots, and want to use left and rightclick on targetframe to toggle focus on and of (without using ctrl or alt combinations, hate key-combos..), but I cant, only get "that combination is already bound, delete the old one.." etc. Is it possible or am I just doing it wrong?

Cralor 03-05-08 03:53 PM

I have not delved into all that Clique can do, so I may not be fully correct here.

From using it, I understand that you can only do ONE key combination. The combinations can't be different depending on the different frames.

For example:
I have Shift+Left-Click set to Lesser Healing Wave on my Restoration Shaman. When I do that combination on any unitframes I have (Party, Target, Player, etc.) it all does the same thing.

Maybe this is because I never looked hard enough that what you are talking about can be done, but that is what I know of.

I'm sorry if I was incorrect. :rolleyes:

Seerah 03-05-08 05:50 PM

You are somewhat correct, Cralor. You can, however, set up Default bindings, if the target is friendly, harmful, etc.

Layrajha 03-05-08 06:11 PM

Sorry, it looks like I haven't been clear enough in my question. I do not want to use different macros depending on my target or on the button I press. Basically, what I want to do is to announce the group of my target, assuming that I'm in a raid. Let's say that I have an AnnouceGroup(unitID) function somewhere in an addon, and if there was a "clique_unit" unitID (local to my macro, somehow, don't ask me how), I would end up writing:
Code:

/cast MySpell
/run AnnounceGroup("clique_unit")

My problem is that, as for spells that are cast by casting the spell with no target (or a bad target) first (making your cursor shine in blue) and clicking your target after, the macro has no way (that I know) to guess who it's being applied to.

One solution that comes to my mind would be to (*sigh*) parse the combat log (but for buffs... as the target doesn't appear... and as it'll be changed next patch...). There must be something easier! ;)

Seerah 03-05-08 09:23 PM

It's not that you weren't clear, Layrajha, it's just that this is someone else's thread with a different question. ;)

Cladhaire 03-06-08 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layrajha (Post 84645)
Sorry, it looks like I haven't been clear enough in my question. I do not want to use different macros depending on my target or on the button I press. Basically, what I want to do is to announce the group of my target, assuming that I'm in a raid. Let's say that I have an AnnouceGroup(unitID) function somewhere in an addon, and if there was a "clique_unit" unitID (local to my macro, somehow, don't ask me how), I would end up writing:
Code:

/cast MySpell
/run AnnounceGroup("clique_unit")

My problem is that, as for spells that are cast by casting the spell with no target (or a bad target) first (making your cursor shine in blue) and clicking your target after, the macro has no way (that I know) to guess who it's being applied to.

One solution that comes to my mind would be to (*sigh*) parse the combat log (but for buffs... as the target doesn't appear... and as it'll be changed next patch...). There must be something easier! ;)

The "mouseover" unit will give you the unit you are clicking on, and in fact the unit of the unit frame you are mousing over.

Layrajha 03-06-08 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 84657)
It's not that you weren't clear, Layrajha, it's just that this is someone else's thread with a different question. ;)

Wuuuh, sorry :D

/facepalm@self

ljudsnubbe 03-06-08 09:27 AM

not possible?

So leftclicking on one frame = cast spell 1, and leftclicking on another frame = cast spell 2 cant be done with clique? then its useless to me, I hate Alt-ctrl-shift-whatever-combos...
Is there another addon that can do this?

Layrajha 03-06-08 09:39 AM

I don't know any existing addon for this, but it is possible to do some kind of custom 10-lines addon just to do what you want, for sure, if it's only for 2 frames.

Cladhaire 03-06-08 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljudsnubbe (Post 84684)
So leftclicking on one frame = cast spell 1, and leftclicking on another frame = cast spell 2 cant be done with clique? then its useless to me, I hate Alt-ctrl-shift-whatever-combos...
Is there another addon that can do this?

Clique isn't designed to do this, and its such a small-scale thing I don't know of any addon taht can do it at this level. You can do this in a macro:

/run PlayerFrame:SetAttribute("type1", "spell"); PlayerFrame:SetAttribute("spell1", "Flash Heal")
/run TargetFrame:SetAttribute("type1", "spell"); TargetFrame:SetAttribute("spell1", "Renew")

Keep in mind, then you won't be able to left click to target.

Seerah 03-06-08 10:30 AM

Or you could get something like Unit Action Bars or Extreme Unit Buttons...