WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Black Ops? Flop or not? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36696)

Xubera 11-12-10 05:05 AM

Black Ops? Flop or not?

How do you feel about Black Ops? Did the hype deliver the game as promised to you?

xandora 11-12-10 05:39 AM

When the game is working it's awesome. When it's not, I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes. :(

Ferous 11-12-10 07:42 AM

Eh... we don't have it yet :P

sacrife 11-12-10 09:54 AM

We had it since the 9th :P.
I'm loving it so far. It has some bugs and it's annoying that you can't party with your friends to make sure you get on the same team, but the weapons are more balanced now and the maps are slightly better than mw2 (Could be improved though).

I have no fps/lag problems so I'm fine. Got to lvl 50 in the first 2 days ;P

Miralen 11-12-10 10:04 AM

Wish I could answer this, Amazon has not delivered the game to me yet although I did check the box that I wanted it delivered on the ninth when it came out. I am a bit annoyed.

blkdrgn 11-12-10 11:30 AM

Honestly Its not just black ops, but all games lately are on the decline to me.

Companies are sacrificing too much for graphics. Yeah the latest games look pretty but they are getting a tad redundant.

Where are the story lines, and the things to do. I would rather have a really fun ass game over a nicer looking one any day.

The early shooters for example. Doom/Duke/Wolf3d/Even the half life series, were all really fun to play and there was alot more involved than just shoot this guy and you win..

Sorry for rant, but thats my two cents.

Taryble 11-12-10 12:21 PM

blkdrgn, try the Fallout series - both Fallout3 and Fallout:NV are excellent FPS/RPG hybrids that involve a deep, complex storyline, a plethora of interesting sidestories (sidequests), and large worlds to explore. And they're also both very pretty games. :-)

xandora 11-12-10 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkdrgn (Post 217515)

Companies are sacrificing too much for graphics. Yeah the latest games look pretty but they are getting a tad redundant.

Where are the story lines, and the things to do. I would rather have a really fun ass game over a nicer looking one any day.

The early shooters for example. Doom/Duke/Wolf3d/Even the half life series, were all really fun to play and there was alot more involved than just shoot this guy and you win..

This is why I got Minecraft. It's tons of fun, with a world where graphics DON'T make the game.

Spiderkeg 11-12-10 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkdrgn (Post 217515)

Blkdrgn, not sure if you have yourself a PS3, but both Uncharted games are superbly done. If you haven't tried Bioshock (1 and 2) then I highly recommend. All four of these games offer a great plot and rich visuals.

voodoodad 11-12-10 06:10 PM

If they ever did a Fallout MMO (and did it right), I could easily see it being the WoW killer people have been predicting for a while now.

Xubera 11-12-10 09:45 PM

My issue with the BO maps is that there seems to be spots where they want people to have sniper nests. In MW2, there is not one spot (atleast one with a decent vantage) where you cannot access it from more than one direction.

There are a few spots in the BO maps, like Crisis, where they have one way nests. All you need to do is get a claymore, flak jacket, and a sniper, and your set in a nest for a few kills

Taryble 11-13-10 10:33 AM

Not sure it would be a WoW Killer, but it WOULD most likely prove a bigger pull than any other MMO released to date. It might even be able to get over 1M subscribers and stay there, unlike pretty much any other MMO.