WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Looking for someone to help me test (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48745)

Phanx 12-31-13 09:42 PM

Looking for someone to help me test

Need someone to help me test my multiboxing/group leveling addon Hydra. My account is not currently active, and trial accounts can't invite anyone to a group, so I can't just make two, so I need someone else to help me test some things that may or may not be broken.

If everything is working properly, the whole thing shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. If I need to fix something, it may take longer, and you will need to be able to check out development versions from SVN, or be on Skype/etc. so I can easily send you updated files.

I already have trial accounts for US and EU regions, and can make a character on any server. You just need to install the addon, invite me to a group, add my character to your "trusted" list, and then watch TV or play Candy Crush or something while I test things. You may occasionally need to push a button or read me a debug message from your screen, though, so you can't be completely AFK. I'm generally available between 3 PM and 3 AM Pacific time (GMT-8).

If you're interested, send me a PM with your region (US or EU), server, character name(s), and times you are likely to be online. (Trial accounts can't use Battle.net, so BattleTags aren't an option.) Thanks!

MoonWitch 12-31-13 10:04 PM

I'd love to, but time zones might make it tricky to impossible (I'm GMT+1, so we're 9hrs apart)
But technically, I'm up for it (I can happily alt-cmd) if you don't get folks closer to your timezone :)
I'm usually on after 8PM up to midnight (12PM I assume lol), with the timeslot you have available, would give you about 2hrs per evening to work with.

Or I could just give you a month of game time to reactivate your actual account :)

Phanx 12-31-13 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonWitch (Post 288981)
Or I could just give you a month of game time to reactivate your actual account :)

No, then I might get sucked back into catching all the Pokemon. :(

MoonWitch 12-31-13 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 288985)
No, then I might get sucked back into catching all the Pokemon. :(

But but but -- You gotta catch em all!!! (I know, I got sucked into that one hard core... 80 pets and trying to level them all)

No, but seriously, it was a genuine suggestion - might be easier than juggling with our jobs and very different timezones. Although, if you are up for it - we can try :)

Phanx 01-01-14 04:39 AM

PM me your realm and character(s) ... I'll try to log on my EU trial account tomorrow at work before your midnight.

10leej 01-01-14 10:11 AM

I'll be on all day if you need me US - korgath.

EDIT:
Actually imma make like a cat and take a nap.

Phanx 01-02-14 01:37 AM

Got it all tested and fixed up today. Thanks to everyone who PMed, and thanks to MoonWitch for all the UI reloads!

MoonWitch 01-02-14 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 289049)
Got it all tested and fixed up today. Thanks to everyone who PMed, and thanks to MoonWitch for all the UI reloads!

Thank you for putting up with my insane ranting, because that was - in fact - what I was doing. I rant when I am nervous.

Phanx 01-02-14 01:42 AM

Understandable. Installing an addon and reloading your UI are very nerve-wracking experiences.

MoonWitch 01-02-14 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 289051)
Understandable. Installing an addon and reloading your UI are very nerve-wracking experiences.

Naah, but talking to someone new -- that is ;) Let me put it this way, if I ever did go to BlizzCon, I'd end up making prior arrangements with someone whose hand I could pinch to lead me out if I fall into a panic attack :P (I really do that, even at work parties)

10leej 01-02-14 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonWitch (Post 289052)
Naah, but talking to someone new -- that is ;) Let me put it this way, if I ever did go to BlizzCon, I'd end up making prior arrangements with someone whose hand I could pinch to lead me out if I fall into a panic attack :P (I really do that, even at work parties)

/volunteers

Though keep in mindthough my nech has a slight red tint to it.

Seerah 01-02-14 12:49 PM

Moonie can hang with me. :)

MoonWitch 01-02-14 02:30 PM

Aww both of you really sweet :)

ps Seerah; I told Phanx if I ever met you, I'd drop anything I was holding (except if it's a laptop) to run up to you, pick you up and hug you. (I *am* taller, therefore picking upper would work fine. Assuming your hubby won't smack me)

Seerah 01-02-14 02:44 PM

Silly girl, he won't smack you. :p

acapela 01-02-14 03:44 PM

I will help test

I would be happy to help you test, and am a multiboxer and Hydra user (as the tickets I have filed should attest :)).

I am often up at odd hours, have access to a guild Ventrillo server, and have a broadband cable connection (so Skype/etc would probably be possible). Don't know if we have ever exchanged private email, but feel free to drop me a PM and we can get in touch offline.

Phanx 01-02-14 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonWitch (Post 289075)
ps Seerah; I told Phanx if I ever met you, I'd drop anything I was holding (except if it's a laptop) to run up to you, pick you up and hug you. (I *am* taller, therefore picking upper would work fine. Assuming your hubby won't smack me)

I'd be much more interested in this scenario if you were both dudes. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by acapela (Post 289081)
I would be happy to help you test, and am a multiboxer and Hydra user (as the tickets I have filed should attest :)). ... feel free to drop me a PM and we can get in touch offline.

I don't need to do any more testing right now, but I sent you a PM anyway... also, when did Ventrilo/Skype start qualifying as offline communications?

MoonWitch 01-03-14 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 289094)
I'd be much more interested in this scenario if you were both dudes. :p

I am confused. (I also just got up)

Fizzlemizz 01-03-14 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonWitch (Post 289106)
(I also just got up)

Which just re-enforces Phanx's comment :D.

Phanx 01-03-14 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonWitch (Post 289106)
I also just got up

Oh, so that's why your voice is so deep. :D

MoonWitch 01-03-14 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz (Post 289109)
Which just re-enforces Phanx's comment :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 289110)
Oh, so that's why your voice is so deep. :D

As in "I just woke up"... Jeepers.. LOL
Just wait, I'll get you on voice as well :P