WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LF tank mod that will announce agro gains/losses (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16231)

Arkive 05-09-08 01:05 PM

LF tank mod that will announce agro gains/losses

My wife plays a tank and I'm trying to help her find a mod to fill the role in the subject line. She uses GoodTarget, but there are several things she doesn't like about it. What we're looking for is something that will play a sound when she has lost (and possible gained) agro, maybe output text through SCT or raid warning. Would prefer something that doesn't have frames, but not totally against it either. Anyone seen anything that is even remotely similar?

Dridzt 05-09-08 01:48 PM

Can't really say if it would suit you based on your description,
but you can take a look at Fragile

It's party-only and it gives warnings for aggro on other members of the party (not tank).
I aim to add several features to it, but (free)time has been a precious commodity lately.

Maybe combined with BanzaiAlert you can have both sides.

Sepioth 05-09-08 02:02 PM

How does this work for you

AggroDisplay

Use this and Fragile to get when party members get aggro ... great combo.

Arkive 05-09-08 02:17 PM

Dridzt,

Yea, definitely looking for something for the raid. i may end up seeing if I can make sense of the GT code and change it to our tastes.

Sepioth,

Thanks for the reply, but that's just a "You're in combat" message basically.

Gemini_II 05-09-08 04:34 PM

Omen has several options to report aggro gain.

Seerah 05-09-08 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkive (Post 90637)
Thanks for the reply, but that's just a "You're in combat" message basically.

Yeah, iirc from when I looked at it, it only looks for PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED / ENABLED. Doesn't say if you have Aggro - would only help if soloing.

Zyonin 05-10-08 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkive (Post 90629)
My wife plays a tank and I'm trying to help her find a mod to fill the role in the subject line. She uses GoodTarget, but there are several things she doesn't like about it. What we're looking for is something that will play a sound when she has lost (and possible gained) agro, maybe output text through SCT or raid warning. Would prefer something that doesn't have frames, but not totally against it either. Anyone seen anything that is even remotely similar?

Banzai Alert. This will give you an audio warning (Aggro) and will also flash the edges of your screen red (can be disabled) while you have aggro. Works for both party and raid. Will also alert you in Battlegrounds if an enemy player targets you.

Other mods can take advantage of the Banzai library to give you aggro warnings. Both PitBull and ag_UnitFrames (with the AUF_Banzai plugin) will turn your health bar red when you have aggro.

Julith 05-12-08 03:19 AM

If you say what exactly you don't like at GoodTarget I could change it :)