WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: General Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Suggestion: Move these 'Stickys' to the main forum (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51189)

Kreelor 12-30-14 12:07 AM

Suggestion: Move these 'Stickys' to the main forum
 
Shouldn't these important Stickys be placed at the top of the Main Forum instead of inside the General Dissusion forum, with a prominent "READ ME FIRST before posting" notice.

The last 3 Stickys may help new visitors to learn important issues before posting new, redundant questions, comments, etc.

This is just a suggestion. Delete it if it's not applicable nor desirable.

ircdirk 12-30-14 01:08 AM



As u can see ^^ they are at bottom of forums so no one will find them, so i think better here in General Discussion.

samyonair 12-30-14 02:05 AM

I' don't Know why they are there, but I have posted stickys in General Discussion or in Main Addon, and the Ones with Known Issuses are doubled in General Discussion, and in Carbonite Main, Ircdirk feel free to move them to a better place if You want

Greetings Samyonair

ircdirk 12-30-14 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samyonair (Post 303858)
I' don't Know why they are there, but I have posted stickys in General Discussion or in Main Addon, and the Ones with Known Issuses are doubled in General Discussion, and in Carbonite Main, Ircdirk feel free to move them to a better place if You want

Greetings Samyonair

Thats becouse they are both separate and other threads:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50782
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50856

Leave only one and in General Discussion make premanent redirection.

ircdirk 12-30-14 04:59 AM

The other way, would be making another sub forum like "READ THIS FIRST" and there put those stickes.

But i think it would be better to add description to General Discussion like "READ STICKY THREADS FIRST" in red color. But that is to Rythal as we dont have rights to do it.

samyonair 12-30-14 08:37 AM

Redierection doesn't work with stickies, because of that i habe doublicated the thread for better Information Greetings samyonair

ircdirk 12-30-14 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samyonair (Post 303927)
Redierection doesn't work with stickies, because of that i habe doublicated the thread for better Information Greetings samyonair

Works ;) I did moved one of this topics, then set stickiness to this "Moved:" thread ;)

Kreelor 12-30-14 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk
As u can see ^^ they are at bottom of forums so no one will find them, so i think better here in General Discussion.

I removed your graphic from this reply, but it showed a Sticky at the bottom of the Main Carbonite forum. I see no such Sticky when I view the Main Carbonite forum?

My suggestion was to have the 3 Sticky's "locked into position" at the TOP of the Main forum (above the sub-forums) so that they would be noticeable by any new users. Maybe it's how my wowinterface forum settings are configured? I don't know.

EDITED: 12/30/2014 - 12:40PM (Pacific)
"locked into position" should be "Pinned" -- immovable at the top.

ircdirk 12-30-14 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 303946)
I removed your graphic from this reply, but it showed a Sticky at the bottom of the Main Carbonite forum. I see no such Sticky when I view the Main Carbonite forum?

My suggestion was to have the 3 Sticky's "locked into position" at the TOP of the Main forum (above the sub-forums) so that they would be noticeable by any new users. Maybe it's how my wowinterface forum settings are configured? I don't know.

U dont see it couse its not there any more.

And there is no way on wowinterface to have post before (at the top) of subforums.

Kreelor 12-30-14 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 303954)
U dont see it couse its not there any more.

And there is no way on wowinterface to have post before (at the top) of subforums.

If the webmaster knew what he/she was doing, it could be done. It's not that hard to do. Many, many other websites do it as a common procedure, since it only makes sense to offer pertinent or important information first! Oh, well. There are many other bizarre issues I've found with wowinterface forums. Even the Carbonite section ("Change Log") on wowinterface has never been updated to reflect Rythal's "Live version." Wowinterface is still showing the most recent Change Log from version 5.1.6! It is defunct at this point! Does that mean that Rythal has done nothing since then? And, even worse... the Change Log doesn't even include Time and Date stamps. Therefore, nobody knows if the change took place 2 hours ago or 2 years ago!

Vis 12-30-14 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 303957)
If the webmaster knew what he/she was doing, it could be done. It's not that hard to do. Many, many other websites do it as a common procedure, since it only makes sense to offer pertinent or important information first! Oh, well. There are many other bizarre issues I've found with wowinterface forums.

You could always suggest changes to Dolby and the Powers That Be over in the Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 303957)
Even the Carbonite section ("Change Log") on wowinterface has never been updated to reflect Rythal's "Live version." Wowinterface is still showing the most recent Change Log from version 5.1.6! It is defunct at this point! Does that mean that Rythal has done nothing since then?

The Change Logs are edited by the Author of the addons, not the site Admins.

Kreelor 12-31-14 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis
You could always suggest changes to Dolby and the Powers That Be over in the Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions forum.

Thanks, Vis. The Carbonite forum is not mine. I'm just a user of it, trying to offer suggestions to hopefully improve it in various ways. Therefore, it would be inappropriate for me to contact 'the Powers That Be'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis
The Change Logs are edited by the Author of the addons, not the site Admins.

Woops!

You cleared up these two points for me. Thanks.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 AM.

vBulletin © 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2019 MMOUI