WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   WOD/Pre-patch (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50039)

Everfroszt 11-06-14 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 299452)
It is actually very modular now, and if I had svn or git setup I'd be more then happy for the help in cutting out the bugs. It's been mostly offers of data entry, or finding numbers, or search and replaces which while yes those things will be needed when it's time to add the WoD continent, right now with the back end work those won't help. I do need to stop being ADHD with the code tho and get the major things working instead of getting side tracked by smaller things like guide icons or instance points... I sit down planning to redo the battlegrounds, take one look at the map and current debug messages I have setup and get yanked into the other parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal_Lynx (Post 299549)
Finally a neat Locale system and that's awesome!
I'm extracting every single zhCN translation from my own zhCN Carbonite BETA.

This addon is not so popular in China, but still got hundreds asking me for a working simplified-Chinese version.
You can see my work here: https://lotc.cc/carbonite-5-4-zhcn.wtf

So just trust me about zhCN locale, I'm a Chinese.:D

I'm not Chinese, but you are certainly one of the many unsung heroes in open source development who help make great works available to more than just English! Localisation is SO important and you deserve props! =D

Everfroszt 11-06-14 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samyonair (Post 299543)
Hi Rythal,

first Thanks for your Work,
I've forked your git to begin translations for deDE, if someone else with more freetime want it to do then feel free to do so.

But If no one begins it is a facepalm for rythal if all have asked for and no one do anything.

That's why I share my freetime with this great project, I've played with Carbonite since it has a free plan because my pocket is mosttimes emty and I'm Happy to help keeping this great project alive, and give something back to this project.

I hope you all can understand what I want to say because it's a longtime since I've written in English :-)

Greetings

Samyonair

Tschuess Samyonair!

I'm glad German will be available too thanks to you! I'm forking a copy myself and will be happy to help with deDE if you need. Thanks for the great work and contribution!

P.S. Dein Englisch ist ganz gut! xP

samyonair 11-06-14 05:11 PM

German Language

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everfroszt (Post 299697)
Tschuess Samyonair!

I'm glad German will be available too thanks to you! I'm forking a copy myself and will be happy to help with deDE if you need. Thanks for the great work and contribution!

P.S. Dein Englisch ist ganz gut! xP

Nabend Everfroszt!

a great help would be if someone can edit the zonefiles because I write the translations offline on the way to work and back home, because of this I cannot check the German Zone Names e.G Parts of Kunlai Summit and game spezific parts e.g flightpaths. If someone can begin with this Parts it would be a great help and check my translations because 4 eyes see more as only two^^ ;)

greetings Samyonair!

PS:

If someone could post me the LUA spezific code for the german letters ä ö ü ß Ä Ö and Ü that I can write simply without editing after Translation would be a great help!

samyonair 11-06-14 05:27 PM

Lua

For all Translators with Problems with language spezific Letters:

Lua-Code für Umlaute:

à : \195\160 | ò : \195\178 | è : \195\168 | ì : \195\172 | ù : \195\185
á : \195\161 | ó : \195\179 | é : \195\169 | í : \195\173 | ú : \195\186
â : \195\162 | ô : \195\180 | ê : \195\170 | î : \195\174 | û : \195\187
ã : \195\163 | õ : \195\181 | ë : \195\171 | ï : \195\175 | ü : \195\188
ä : \195\164 | ö : \195\182
æ: \195\166 | ø : \195\184

ç : \195\167
ñ : \195\177

Ä : \195\132
Ö : \195\150
Ü : \195\156
ß : \195\159

Greetings Samyonair

Eternal_Lynx 11-06-14 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 299694)
And that's why it's been driving me nuts.. in the testing last night I am not doing any continent detection.. if it realizes it's in a BG, it's forcing it to look up the information from continent 90 (and in MapData continent 9 is moved to 90, just so this doesn't come up again in 2-3 years when we are on expansion 9 lol) but the maps not drawing

So I'm missing something somewhere that it's not grabbing or setting the proper continent.

I just realized that all the so called "continent" data is actually three different things:
  • the first digit of the old zone numbers(expansion based)
  • the return value of api GetCurrentMapContinent()
  • the fifth argument in Zones.lua(mostly the same with GetCurrentMapContinent())
and they are all called the variable 'cont'...

Why can't they just left enough comments to tell everyone which 'cont' is which? /facepalm

Rythal 11-06-14 09:38 PM

All 3 were the same cont value.

I've added 10 tonnes of debugging... in several functions all over the place, and everything looks the way i expected and as it should

MapId: 512 (strand of anchients)
Cont: 90
GetWorldPos: -12500, 200

So i'm confused as <censored>, when I zone into a BG it's changing maps as it should, it shows in the title the right zone name, all the variables are setting the way it should, but the map is blank and if I hover over it, it shows me still in the zone I was beforehand.

Chaeden 11-06-14 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everfroszt (Post 299695)
Yes, I *completely* agree. I've only been programming for 26 years, but I TRULY admire all your pro bono efforts to "fix" the Blizz default UI by taking on the clusterfsck that was Carbonite (well, internally, at least) and bring it up to date, all under the pressure of many impatient fans!

P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one over 30 who's a fellow citizen of Azeroth xP

I'm 37 and am trying to get my 35 GF a new pc so she can play it again.

Eternal_Lynx 11-07-14 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 299744)

I've added 10 tonnes of debugging... in several functions all over the place, and everything looks the way i expected and as it should

So i'm confused as <censored>, when I zone into a BG it's changing maps as it should, it shows in the title the right zone name, all the variables are setting the way it should, but the map is blank and if I hover over it, it shows me still in the zone I was beforehand.

Debugging a wow addon complex as Carbonite is truely a nightmare...
It's a little bit funny and irony that all these chaos were just caused by two Shadowmoon Valleys.

Rythal 11-07-14 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal_Lynx (Post 299751)
Debugging a wow addon complex as Carbonite is truely a nightmare...
It's a little bit funny and irony that all these chaos were just caused by two Shadowmoon Valleys.

Two Nagrand's aswell... but really this needed to be done a while ago, Instances and Scenario's were using the same name for multiple area's back in pandaria but it wasn't causing a major impact since carbonite didn't load or try to draw them until you zoned in. Unless someone went into black temple, then came out, then went back into black temple warlock scenario.... or managed to run both alliance and horde versions of fall of theramore etc etc it never got noticed or affected things.

ircdirk 11-07-14 03:09 AM

Quote:

Is there so much difference beetween Eternal_Lynx fix that works with BG that u cant use his solution?

Can u point me to function were Carbonie is setting BG map? I'll check it on my side, maybe ill find the fix...

Can u update git with your fixes that u have made after this inital commit?

Designadrug 11-07-14 06:22 AM

Quote:

Damn. Setting-up a development hub. I better learn LUA. As for the BGs issue...

Here's a story that *might* help. Apparently there was a senior engineer at Microsoft that whenever one her coders came to her with a bug or algorithmic problem they couldn't fix she would point them to the giant teddy bear in the corner of her office and tell them to take the bear back to their cubicle and explain the problem to it. If the bear couldn't solve the problem, she'd be happy to take the escalation... the bear had an 80-90% success rate.

Eternal_Lynx 11-07-14 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 299753)
Is there so much difference beetween Eternal_Lynx fix that works with BG that u cant use his solution?

Can u point me to function were Carbonie is setting BG map? I'll check it on my side, maybe ill find the fix...

Can u update git with your fixes that u have made after this inital commit?

I can't make BG maps work either, I apology for my last not-so-clear-said comment...
I'm just trying to assign every mapID with it's "original Carbonite continent id" and to keep the old parts alive. It seemed to eliminate most of the lua errors I got when I zoom in/out the map (while using the first version on Github) but still, BGs won't work and the malestrom maps are totally messed up.

Actually my way is a dumb way to fix this and I don't think it will work. How I wish I could major in Software Engineering not nuclear physics...

asctt1 11-07-14 09:23 AM

i do have my map in bg but its just a small circle but it works

Rythal 11-07-14 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal_Lynx (Post 299761)
I can't make BG maps work either, I apology for my last not-so-clear-said comment...
I'm just trying to assign every mapID with it's "original Carbonite continent id" and to keep the old parts alive. It seemed to eliminate most of the lua errors I got when I zoom in/out the map (while using the first version on Github) but still, BGs won't work and the malestrom maps are totally messed up.

Actually my way is a dumb way to fix this and I don't think it will work. How I wish I could major in Software Engineering not nuclear physics...

Every mapID should already have it's original Carbonite continent id stored in worldinfo[mapid].Cont

As for the request to update the git... yes I'm bad about that, I don't usually push until I get a bug fixed... i'll try and merge the push's that are there into what I have done so far and update the git to where i'm at now on my lunch break.

ircdirk 11-07-14 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 299767)
Every mapID should already have it's original Carbonite continent id stored in worldinfo[mapid].Cont

As for the request to update the git... yes I'm bad about that, I don't usually push until I get a bug fixed... i'll try and merge the push's that are there into what I have done so far and update the git to where i'm at now on my lunch break.

No problem, fix what do u want to fix. Just want to now if u will be pushing fixes to git.

As far as for maps if we need to redo tables like worldinfo[mapid].Cont or other tables (maps or something else) we will, just say what we have to rewrite... I think we will find many people to help ;) For one man this would be hard but for team... no problem ;)

Designadrug 11-07-14 06:44 PM

Quote:

Hang on. Will misspelling "ancients" cause a problem?

LadyTash 11-07-14 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaeden (Post 299745)
I'm 37 and am trying to get my 35 GF a new pc so she can play it again.

I'm 45 lol...There are actually quite a number of more mature players on, but I've found that many tend to kind of stay to themselves as they don't want to deal with the childish antics. There are actually a number of guilds across several servers that cater directly to us "old folks".

beastieboy442 11-07-14 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyTash (Post 299811)
I'm 45 lol...There are actually quite a number of more mature players on, but I've found that many tend to kind of stay to themselves as they don't want to deal with the childish antics. There are actually a number of guilds across several servers that cater directly to us "old folks".

66 y.o. here :D came all the way up thru Diablo, 2. LOD. 3 & ROS ... and many others TL, TL2, Synergies, and quite a few others ... just started w/WoW and compketelt obsessed. :)

Cheers you kids ;)

Eternal_Lynx 11-07-14 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 299767)

Darn it I'm so stupid why didn't I change the numbers in zones.lua in the first place...
I thought the maelstrom maps are intended to be on continent 8 and got confused...

Rythal 11-07-14 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal_Lynx (Post 299828)
Darn it I'm so stupid why didn't I change the numbers in zones.lua in the first place...
I thought the maelstrom maps are intended to be on continent 8 and got confused...

That's ok... I haven't pushed the GIT yet because just for kicks I tried a different BG (kotmagu), and it worked flawlessly >.> so now i'm going to need to test every BG and see which ones work and which don't, and then figure out why Strand isn't working

Damn Desserter buff is making this take longer to test them, so the push might not be until tomorrow.