WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   WOD/Pre-patch (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50039)

Sathrien 12-05-14 07:03 PM

Map issue

Has anyone else run into were when your playing with a team mate. The position that shows for them on the small map and the large map are different. We were in Booty bay tonight icon on small map showed the right position but on the large map it showed icon half way up stranglethorn .

Ghosthree3 12-05-14 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sathrien (Post 301842)
Has anyone else run into were when your playing with a team mate. The position that shows for them on the small map and the large map are different. We were in Booty bay tonight icon on small map showed the right position but on the large map it showed icon half way up stranglethorn .

Tends to happen if you hover on a different zone to what you're in, it's like it uses relative positioning. Same thing happens when you're on a flight path - or perhaps just in general.

ToniDale 12-05-14 09:10 PM

I am also having the issue of quests auto-tracking. Anytime I reload, enter an instance (which, by the way, instances are everywhere. Your garrison, traveling between areas, questing areas (single instances) and so on) all quests I previously hid come back.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in the last few pages is when I take a flight path (and seems only when I take a flight path) my chat is spammed with "you can only be in 10 chat channels at a time". I have tried reloading, but didn't help. Only thing I could do to stop it (as it continues forever) is to log out, then back in. I am not sure which settings to check to see what may be causing this.

Now, I wanted to say that playing this game without Carbonite is quite painful. When I installed it a couple of days ago, I promised myself I would not complain. And I am not complaining now, just sharing. I could live forever with Carbonite as it is, but I know Rythal will want it better. I feel I have my best friend back. I have missed "quest complete" so much. Being able to see other zones AND the paths to run between them, having quests ranked in order of distance ( I can't tell you how many times I've finished one quest, take off running towards the arrow, only to discover I'm heading across the country, grr), setting "go to" lines, scrolling in to see caves and trails and other details of the ground, and even just seeing how fast I'm moving! These are all my favorite things I've missed about the map. I truly, truly appreciate everyone's hard work to make this map work again. Thank you ever so much!

Rythal 12-06-14 01:34 AM

New version just pushed, all bug fixes (ye gawds there's so many still to tackle :/)

- Map API I introduced in 5.4.x has been fixed so it now works with what Wholly wanted to do. Eliminates errors when using wholly and grail and his map icons now show on carbonite's maps.

- Zones should now show world map POI's again if your looking outside your current zone (flightmasters, pet trainers etc)

- Things like player icon, POI's, tracking start point, minimap, other player icons should no longer be jumping around all over the place if your using the map.

- Bonus Task Progress fixed to only be 2 decimal places.

- Harvest nodes are fixed and back

- Routing works again.

Ghosthree3 12-06-14 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 301855)
- Map API I introduced in 5.4.x has been fixed so it now works with what Wholly wanted to do. Eliminates errors when using wholly and grail and his map icons now show on carbonite's maps.

Holy shit I love you. Recently got this mod, never actually expected it to work with Carbonite, I've just been pressing alt-M for directions.

Great progress.

EDIT: Woah, I just logged in and all the quest icons (!) in my garrison are moving whenever I move. Probably happening everywhere else too.

They're also where they're meant to be, but there's doubles, and the doubles move.

EDIT2: Ok tabbed back in and there's double doubles...

Also there are no quests where the non moving ! are, no idea what's going on.

EDIT3: It's getting worse D: See the images below.

http://i.imgur.com/Ziqfa7b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BQFCYSd.jpg

EDIT4: Ok figured out what duplicates them, whenever the map changes from in that 'special location' type back to normal and back again, it puts a copy down. Easy repro steps, zoom out then brush mouse back and forth over garrison and out so it keeps showing the special map, do it while running and let the map move around a bit.

Still can't explain why it says I have the quests when there are none to get. I think that's actually a Wholly issue.

EDIT5: It is Wholly showing the quests when there are none. But the marker duplicating is definitely Carbonite.

EDIT6: Also if you bring up Wholly and click on a quest it sends a destination point to some place in the middle of the ocean east of Kalimdor. I assume it's meant to point to the quest pick up. Tried several different quests including ones in old expansions.

EDIT7: Can't reproduce the duplicating bug in Orgrimmer where I have some !s. Might be related to the fact that the quests showing in my garrison are bugged in Wholly - I can't actually obtain them, eg. "Your first Blacksmithing work order", I don't even have a black smithing building.

atl77 12-06-14 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 301855)
- Bonus Task Progress fixed to only be 2 decimal places.

Hi, Rythal!

I though we could maybe include an rather unprecise progress bar, if we used full and half blocks (alas, blizzard doesn't support all 1-8/8 blocks in their fonts):

Lua Code:
  1. local percent = GetQuestProgressBarPercent(questId)
  2. list:ItemSet(2,format("|cff00ff00%s%s %.2f%%", string.rep("\226\150\136", math.floor(percent/8)), (percent%8) >= 4 and "\226\150\140" or "", percent))

I tried the version without the half block, but then, my bonus task was finished, so I couldn't test this version.

Ghosthree3 12-06-14 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atl77 (Post 301864)
Hi, Rythal!

I though we could maybe include an rather unprecise progress bar, if we used full and half blocks (alas, blizzard doesn't support all 1-8/8 blocks in their fonts):

Lua Code:
  1. local percent = GetQuestProgressBarPercent(questId)
  2. list:ItemSet(2,format("|cff00ff00%s%s %.2f%%", string.rep("\226\150\136", math.floor(percent/8)), (percent%8) >= 4 and "\226\150\140" or "", percent))

I tried the version without the half block, but then, my bonus task was finished, so I couldn't test this version.

I found the number based progress much better than the bar tbh, I always hovered the bar anyway to find out the number.

atl77 12-06-14 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 (Post 301865)
I found the number based progress much better than the bar tbh, I always hovered the bar anyway to find out the number.

This will just add a bar with a precision of 6.25% before the number so you can spot easier how far you are.

Sathrien 12-06-14 07:32 AM

Herbalism nodes

Just down loaded the newest version from git. Re imported the gathermate 2 data and still the nodes don't show up on the map. Carbonite says that they have been imported but they not showing up. I have the show herbs box checked for both maps. Is it still being worked on or am i doing something wrong. Its a major feature the me and my wife use

pbhound 12-06-14 08:13 AM

GitHub

1 Attachment(s)
How does one download from the site? I have been following the fixes for a while now and would like to be able to test some of them myself but am having an issue downloading carb from GitHub website. this is what i see when i attempt to download (See attachment).

thanks

Rythal, thanks for all the hard work and for carbonite. and thanks to all the others that have assisted in the progress.

ircdirk 12-06-14 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbhound (Post 301872)
How does one download from the site? I have been following the fixes for a while now and would like to be able to test some of them myself but am having an issue downloading carb from GitHub website. this is what i see when i attempt to download (See attachment).

thanks

Rythal, thanks for all the hard work and for carbonite. and thanks to all the others that have assisted in the progress.

READ THE F*CKING THREAD!!! AND USE BRAIN!

atl77 12-06-14 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sathrien (Post 301870)
Just down loaded the newest version from git. Re imported the gathermate 2 data and still the nodes don't show up on the map. Carbonite says that they have been imported but they not showing up. I have the show herbs box checked for both maps. Is it still being worked on or am i doing something wrong. Its a major feature the me and my wife use

Are you gathering in Draenor? Because there's not yet any data for that.

Origami 12-06-14 09:33 AM

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teBr.html#info

stumbled across this version of Carbonite Addon works fairly well from what i gather and it works in English as well for those who want t give it a shot... i know its not rythals version but this is a good fix for the interm until we get release here =)
:banana:

lol i take it now that this is and open public license there may be a few versions of carbonite hitting the street ... o.O

Ases 12-06-14 09:37 AM

Quest Log Bug

Hey all! I have a probleme with the quest log; it dosn't show any of my quests. The probleme is that the rechercher bar that says: "Rechercher: [clic]" is actully active and looking for quests called Rechercher: [clic]. After manually deleting the entry, the quests all show up.

I have the last update from GitHub (15 min ago from now)

How i helped :) Love this addon

Rythal 12-06-14 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Origami (Post 301877)
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teBr.html#info

stumbled across this version of Carbonite Addon works fairly well from what i gather and it works in English as well for those who want t give it a shot... i know its not rythals version but this is a good fix for the interm until we get release here =)
:banana:

lol i take it now that this is and open public license there may be a few versions of carbonite hitting the street ... o.O

Umm.... it is my version :P they are taking the git version, removing stuff and credits, and releasing it.... it's been giving me a good chuckle to be reading the "update notes" as if he's doing it, and I will say it's been making me feel less inclined to keep pushing to git to see someone releasing a work in progress (with donate buttons) so they can take the credit.

Ghosthree3 12-06-14 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 301879)
Umm.... it is my version :P they are taking the git version, removing stuff and credits, and releasing it.... it's been giving me a good chuckle to be reading the "update notes" as if he's doing it, and I will say it's been making me feel less inclined to keep pushing to git to see someone releasing a work in progress (with donate buttons) so they can take the credit.

Have it taken down? Or at least have the donate removed.

Garettjax 12-06-14 10:09 AM

Those low-life pieces of scum..

I will only donate to you, Rythal!!

:banana::banana::banana:

muze 12-06-14 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 301879)

Go to the add-on page while logged in and click "Report this file" and you can notify wowinterface of this. There is a check box that reads "Uploader is not author" which appears to be the case. Do not let this joke take credit for something that Rythal and others are working very hard to make what it once was.

Cairenn 12-06-14 10:56 AM

Unfortunately guys, Carbonite is licensed GPL, so there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Sleazy? Yes. Less than ethical? Yes. Actionable? No.

=/

Kreelor 12-06-14 11:16 AM

Actually, Jizar claimed to have had a fully-working version 2 years ago. Strange indeed!
Personally, I don't care what he did -- I'll stick with Rythal. Besides, I don't speak Portuguese.
(Check the link at the bottom of this post, if you care to).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jizar (Post 265508)
Thank you so much, thanks to that i already made a ptBR version fully working

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...8&postcount=16

Choonstertwo 12-06-14 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 301884)
Unfortunately guys, Carbonite is licensed GPL, so there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Sleazy? Yes. Less than ethical? Yes. Actionable? No.

=/

I'm guessing the answer is "No", but would there be any basis for preventing CarboniteBr from collecting donations?

Fathersin 12-06-14 11:22 AM

Quote:

=/

To “modify” a work means to copy from or adapt all or part of the work in a fashion requiring copyright permission, other than the making of an exact copy. The resulting work is called a “modified version” of the earlier work or a work “based on” the earlier work.

if he is just pulling from git and publishing it, he is in fact violating GPL.

Cairenn 12-06-14 11:36 AM

No, he isn't.

Quote:

The GNU General Public License (GNU GPL or GPL) is the most widely used free software license, which guarantees end users (individuals, organizations, companies) the freedoms to use, study, share (copy), and modify the software.

Rythal 12-06-14 11:39 AM

And he is modifying it, it's not a "direct copy" as he changes the logo, and some strings in the localization files... so it's a 99.9% copy.

Really it's my own fault for not releasing it and trying to make sure things are near perfect before moving it from git to download sections.

And I will admit I had pondered hidden code to break his version.. something like the MD5 of his version of the image file split across strings throughout all the parts of the addon which gets rebuilt and clears Mx.map if it matches, but I won't stoop so low.

Garettjax 12-06-14 11:40 AM

Alright.. so lets just find out what realms he plays on and gank him.. over and over....
:)

Ghosthree3 12-06-14 11:40 AM

Quote:

=/

I understand not being able to take it down, but at least the donations?

Garettjax 12-06-14 11:51 AM

The issues I mentioned a few pages back with the map... are FIXED!!

Rythal, You are the Man with the Master Plan!!:D

EDIT: I was wondering.. and maybe it has been mentioned before.. When questing, the map shows the "spot" with various colored circled x's.. Carbonite has always done this. Where is the colored area around the colored spot to mark the area that certain item can be found in? IE.. say you have to kill acolytes.. well it used to show a colored circled x and around that was a same colored area of where those acolytes would be found.. Where is the colored area? Did WoW change things so this can no longer show up?

ircdirk 12-06-14 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 301891)
And he is modifying it, it's not a "direct copy" as he changes the logo, and some strings in the localization files... so it's a 99.9% copy.

Really it's my own fault for not releasing it and trying to make sure things are near perfect before moving it from git to download sections.

And I will admit I had pondered hidden code to break his version.. something like the MD5 of his version of the image file split across strings throughout all the parts of the addon which gets rebuilt and clears Mx.map if it matches, but I won't stoop so low.

Do IT! U sould protect it or change the licence to something else ;)

Rythal 12-06-14 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garettjax (Post 301894)
The issues I mentioned a few pages back with the map... are FIXED!!

Rythal, You are the Man with the Master Plan!!:D

EDIT: I was wondering.. and maybe it has been mentioned before.. When questing, the map shows the "spot" with various colored circled x's.. Carbonite has always done this. Where is the colored area around the colored spot to mark the area that certain item can be found in? IE.. say you have to kill acolytes.. well it used to show a colored circled x and around that was a same colored area of where those acolytes would be found.. Where is the colored area? Did WoW change things so this can no longer show up?

those coloured circles were created and drawn based on information stored in carbonites quest databases. Unfortunately the quest databases have not been updated since MoP, while I don't know for sure I suspect the original authors had a working site scrapper to build the quest info off wowhead, and since I don't it needs to be done by hand which is a lot of work and further down the road once everything else is finished.

Rythal 12-06-14 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 301896)
Do IT! U sould protect it or change the licence to something else ;)

No.. to write self-destructing code would be just as un-ethical. I'll just keep working on the major bugs (there isn't many major ones left) instead of the major and minor ones and get it released officially. People won't download or donate to an alternate version if they have no reason to.

ircdirk 12-06-14 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 301898)
No.. to write self-destructing code would be just as un-ethical. I'll just keep working on the major bugs (there isn't many major ones left) instead of the major and minor ones and get it released officially. People won't download or donate to an alternate version if they have no reason to.

We can change from GitHub to Bitbucket... where repositories can be private and u can just add rights to people who are commiting (those u choose). No one else will have rights to commit or download the source.

KMJX 12-06-14 01:00 PM

Quote:

=/

Even under GPL, I believe it is necessary to give due credit to those who significantly contributed to the project.
And I believe "rewriting the thing from basically from scratch" would qualify.

Fathersin 12-06-14 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 301890)
No, he isn't.

I can split hairs with you all day about this but i'm not.

moral of the whole deal is you (wowinterface) can choose to do something about it or not (which you are currently doing) regardless of GPL. your site, your rules.

kinda ironic how wowinterface will push the don't use wowmatrix (for basically the same reason) but allows someone to do essentially the same thing on their own site and collect donations for it.

atl77 12-06-14 01:22 PM

Quote:

=/

While the GPL allows changes of the code, changes to credits or copyright notes are still forbidden. Wrongly assuming a copyright is actionable in most country, no matter what the license.

However, taking the judicative way to solve this is going to cost valuable time and money better spent on development.

Therefore, I would advise against any legal actions.

beastieboy442 12-06-14 01:26 PM

Portuguese?

So that's what it is ... I probed over in *their* wowinterface thread to find something out ... that was a two or three weeks ago ... about the same time I asked in this forum about it ... I think it got lost in the frenzy of getting the *true* Carbonite tweaked, cuz no one replied to it.

Rythal ... I really appreciate all your work (and an acknowledgement to all of you that have helped him so much, too). I wish I had also had the ability to have helped. You're all to be commended for giving us the best WOW addon out there.

Thanks!

matrixchild 12-06-14 01:55 PM

Something I just noticed is the goto tracking malfunctions in-between zones. This was first noticed in Pandaria. If I set a waypoint to somewhere in another zone it doesn't make the spot selected the goto marker. I also noticed this in the Outlands.

Edit: also, I'm having trouble setting up waypoints in multiple zones by using the zone names. Is there a different format I need to use since the map changes?

Aalwein 12-06-14 02:18 PM

The Blizzard quest log is randomly going blank at times, for reasons I cannot pinpoint. I'll just be out doing quests and then I'll happen to look in the Blizzard quest log and its entirely blank. A /reload ui fixes it until it occurs again. I'll try to find a reliable way to replicate it but so far it is entirely random.

Edit: Figured out the trigger. Opening the Carbonite quest log blanks out the Blizzard quest log.

Garettjax 12-06-14 02:42 PM

Ok, Rythal. I understand now. Thanks for the reply and thanks for working on this awesome addon.

ircdirk 12-06-14 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 301897)
those coloured circles were created and drawn based on information stored in carbonites quest databases. Unfortunately the quest databases have not been updated since MoP, while I don't know for sure I suspect the original authors had a working site scrapper to build the quest info off wowhead, and since I don't it needs to be done by hand which is a lot of work and further down the road once everything else is finished.

It can be done, ill dig into quest database and see what is needed from wowhead. I can write this kind of scrapper.

Rythal can u describe some things form QuestsX-X.lua:

Code:

[24432] = {
        Quest = [[Sea Legs|1|81|80|25281|0]], <= thats all data from wowhead db
        Start = "1994|610|32|45.16|23.34", <= describe those, last 2 are NPC cords but others not from wowhead db (ok i found the first, this is key number from QuestNPC.lua Array)
        End = "1994|610|32|45.16|23.35",
        Objectives = {
          [1] = {
                "nil|610|35|45.5|21.5|15.03|6.68", <= describe those, 4rd and 5th are NPC cords but others not from wowhead db
                "nil|610|35|45|22.5|20.04|3.34",
                "nil|610|35|44.5|23|25.05|3.34",
                "nil|610|35|43|23.5|40.08|3.34",
                "nil|610|35|43|24|35.07|20.04",
                "nil|610|35|43.5|27|25.05|3.34",
          },
          [2] = {
                "nil|610|35|45|26.5|5.01|3.34",
          },
        },
  },

Aalwein 12-06-14 03:38 PM

Did a garrison invasion today and noticed that during the 2nd phase (holdout) there is no timer in the Carbonite quest tracker.

atl77 12-06-14 03:38 PM

Ircdirk, search Carbonate.Quest for function Nx.Quest:UnpackName - you'll find the information there. It's too late for me, so unless you're faster, I will work it out within the next 1-2 days.

djones60 12-06-14 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muze (Post 301882)
Go to the add-on page while logged in and click "Report this file" and you can notify wowinterface of this. There is a check box that reads "Uploader is not author" which appears to be the case. Do not let this joke take credit for something that Rythal and others are working very hard to make what it once was.

Yep, just did that. Not cool taking credit for other peoples work.

Cairenn 12-06-14 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 301900)
We can change from GitHub to Bitbucket... where repositories can be private and u can just add rights to people who are commiting (those u choose). No one else will have rights to commit or download the source.

That's also possible using our Git Repositories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMJX (Post 301901)
Even under GPL, I believe it is necessary to give due credit to those who significantly contributed to the project.
And I believe "rewriting the thing from basically from scratch" would qualify.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atl77 (Post 301904)
While the GPL allows changes of the code, changes to credits or copyright notes are still forbidden. Wrongly assuming a copyright is actionable in most country, no matter what the license.

You are both correct on that and thank you for the reminder.

*goes hunting*

djones60 12-06-14 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 301898)

Very true and better to take the high road anyways.

jamews 12-06-14 05:45 PM

hi been using carbonite scinse it came out i love it however im wondering it used to be compatible with tomtom(crazy arrow) now every time tom-tom is active with carbonite it bugs out is there something i am doing wrong or do i need to get a different arrow add on

Aalwein 12-06-14 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamews (Post 301932)
hi been using carbonite scinse it came out i love it however im wondering it used to be compatible with tomtom(crazy arrow) now every time tom-tom is active with carbonite it bugs out is there something i am doing wrong or do i need to get a different arrow add on

I've been using Carbonite forever also and I've never managed to get Carbonite and TomTom to integrate, lol. I gave up trying a long time ago though.

Eternal_Lynx 12-06-14 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 301919)
It can be done, ill dig into quest database and see what is needed from wowhead. I can write this kind of scrapper.

Rythal can u describe some things form QuestsX-X.lua:

Code:

[24432] = {
        Quest = [[Sea Legs|1|81|80|25281|0]], <= thats all data from wowhead db
        Start = "1994|610|32|45.16|23.34", <= describe those, last 2 are NPC cords but others not from wowhead db (ok i found the first, this is key number from QuestNPC.lua Array)
        Objectives = {
          [1] = {
                "nil|610|35|45.5|21.5|15.03|6.68", <= describe those, 4rd and 5th are NPC cords but others not from wowhead db
          },
          [2] = {
          },
        },
  },

Since Blizzard have their own "quest map circles" now, it's not that necessary to build the database with such details, you can simply pull the most needed data from wowhead or sth. else like:
Lua Code:
  1. [29414] = {
  2.     Quest = [[&#22303;&#27700;&#20043;&#36947;|0|3|1|0|0]], -- quest name taken from fansite database using a database crawler
  3.     End = "54567|0|32|0|0", -- 54567 is the "real" NPC id
  4.   },
This just affect the "database" tab and "show quest givers" in Carbonite and those features are not so frequently used now.
And it's simple to fix the NPC name shown as "?" when tracking the completed quest.
The only thing need to do is to convert the npc name table to assign every name with the "real" NPC id.

Eternal_Lynx 12-06-14 10:15 PM

Quote:

=/

But Rythal can claim copyright of his modifications since he already released his full work under GPL.
He should put a copyright notice in his version of carbonite.
Then all modified versions based on his version are required to carry that copyright notice.

Rythal 12-06-14 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal_Lynx (Post 301947)
Since Blizzard have their own "quest map circles" now, it's not that necessary to build the database with such details, you can simply pull the most needed data from wowhead or sth. else like:
Lua Code:
  1. [29414] = {
  2.     Quest = [[&#22303;&#27700;&#20043;&#36947;|0|3|1|0|0]], -- quest name taken from fansite database using a database crawler
  3.     End = "54567|0|32|0|0", -- 54567 is the "real" NPC id
  4.   },
This just affect the "database" tab and "show quest givers" in Carbonite and those features are not so frequently used now.
And it's simple to fix the NPC name shown as "?" when tracking the completed quest.
The only thing need to do is to convert the npc name table to assign every name with the "real" NPC id.

It's not needed but it was handy, as if Carbonite has objective info filled out, then it's able to display 10-12 quests all at once, with the area's / colours overlapping. WoW's method can only do 1 quest at a time. I'll detail a breakdown of everything in next post.

The NPC table name was actually the next thing I planned on redoing after everything is up and running properly, to make the ID's match the real ID's and was going to move towards possibly an online wikia type page where people can update quest information and I can easily export the databases into the quest files. However if a site scrapper gets done that won't be as needed, but the NPC names still will need redoing.

Origami 12-06-14 10:24 PM

:eek: I appologize.... Didn't realize it was a Clone // Copy of yours Rythal... and by the looks of it, it has stirred up quite a bit of uproar... kinda glad i said something but at the same time i regret posting it... should have sent the link directly to you Rythal, well in any case lesson learned... hope this thief gets whats coming to him...

EDIT: Rythal, Just an FYI, The Clone Copy came as a push in Minion Beta Downloader, at first i thought it was Your Copy being pushed as a Beta on wowinterface .. but after investigating it and looking at the download link i realized the name was altered slightly, did anyone else notice this being pushed on the Minion Downloader? May be worth it for site admin to investigate this...

Rythal 12-06-14 10:35 PM

Translated into:
[questid] = {
Quest = [[Quest Name|Quest Faction|Quest Level|Offered level|Next quest in series (if it's a series)|Quest category (matching in questcats.lua)]],
Start = "NPC Id|zone Id|32 (carbs code for a single point)|Zone x|Zone Y"
End = same as above
Objectives={
[quest objective number]={
"description of objective (currently nil as it's only used for party sharing)|Zone ID|35 (carbs code for a box to be drawn on the map)|Box starting X|Box starting Y|Box Width|Box Height"
}

So all the data is on the wowhead page, the complexity is in taking all the dots they have drawn on the map showing where people found stuff, and writing something that creates the box(es). Only one box is needed, but the quests that are filled out for 1-85 utilized mutliple to create the fancy shapes.

Rythal 12-06-14 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamews (Post 301932)

I can look into why it bugs out or doesn't work after all the dust is settled.. remind me then if I don't remember :P I only fixed the wholly compatability since I was working in that part of the code anyways fixing the map icon displays, right now I don't want to mess with fixing stuff to work with other addons until I have a fully stable version going.

Kreelor 12-07-14 12:12 AM

Nodes - Mining & Herbalism not appearing on maps?

I'm curious. Does the in-work github version require the "Carbonite-Gathermate2" thing to allow seeing Mining nodes and Herbalism nodes? I haven't added that custom addon yet. But, I have tried using the current Carbonite options to "load" the mining, herbalism, and the miscellaneous node options. None show nodes on the map(s). Is this something that will be incorporated later, or am I missing an option?
Note: I do not use the integrated smaller-view map into my larger-view map. I don't want to. The 'original' Carbonite used to show nodes on each of the Carbonite map views, although they didn't blink. That's what I'm hoping to get again. Otherwise, it's impossible to perform a visible "route" for gathering.

Boggtroll 12-07-14 01:14 AM

I just thought of something im sure is not even close to original...but i think the option to be able to select multiple quests in the carbonite quest log to either share or abandon would be VERY handy.
like being able to Ctrl+Click to select/highlight multiple quests to right click and perform a unified action.
i often find myself abandoning 5-15 quests at a time if i took a break from questing to lvl in Instances or BGs.
I know this is low to last priority for after carbonite is done or released but i thought i would share so that the idea is out there in case i forget.

also a secondary request for much later when time is available, (unless its been mentioned or commented on) is handy notes does not work on the carbonite map.

atl77 12-07-14 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 301953)
I'm curious. Does the in-work github version require the "Carbonite-Gathermate2" thing to allow seeing Mining nodes and Herbalism nodes? I haven't added that custom addon yet. But, I have tried using the current Carbonite options to "load" the mining, herbalism, and the miscellaneous node options. None show nodes on the map(s)...

No and yes. The extra package is required for import, but you could also collect all nodes yourself. In Draenor, there is currently no alternative.

Kreelor 12-07-14 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atl77 (Post 301957)
No and yes. The extra package is required for import, but you could also collect all nodes yourself. In Draenor, there is currently no alternative.

I'm not using the WoD expansion, and may not use it for at least a year or two from now.

What does that mean when you say that I can "... collect all nodes yourself?"

And, you said: "The extra package is required for import...."
Does that mean I can import them (while using the github version), but not see them displayed?

Sorry, but that confuses me. (grin). It doesn't seem to match my original question. I'm not asking for anything more than knowledge about whether or not I'm supposed to be able to see the nodes.

Thank you for replying. Can you help with more info, please?

atl77 12-07-14 04:24 AM

Kreelor, whether you import nodes or not, Carbonite will store the position of every node you harvest/mine. The import could still be compatible, but it could also be in the old map format, which would render it useless.

If you're not shown any notes, I'll have to assume that is indeed the case. Rythal can probably enlighten us more...

ircdirk 12-07-14 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 301951)
Translated into:
[questid] = {
Quest = [[Quest Name|Quest Faction|Quest Level|Offered level|Next quest in series (if it's a series)|Quest category (matching in questcats.lua)]],
Start = "NPC Id|zone Id|32 (carbs code for a single point)|Zone x|Zone Y"
End = same as above
Objectives={
[quest objective number]={
"description of objective (currently nil as it's only used for party sharing)|Zone ID|35 (carbs code for a box to be drawn on the map)|Box starting X|Box starting Y|Box Width|Box Height"
}

So all the data is on the wowhead page, the complexity is in taking all the dots they have drawn on the map showing where people found stuff, and writing something that creates the box(es). Only one box is needed, but the quests that are filled out for 1-85 utilized mutliple to create the fancy shapes.

Box starting X|Box starting Y|Box Width|Box Height <- now thats weird, starting X and Y are from wowhead but i dont get it why theres width and height?

Code:

[24432] = {
        Quest = [[Sea Legs|1|81|80|25281|0]],
        Start = "1994|610|32|45.16|23.34",
        Objectives = {
          [1] = {
                "nil|610|35|45.5|21.5|15.03|6.68",
          },
          [2] = {
          },
        },
  },

Objective one has multiple boxes, but are they connected or what? From wowhead database we have only starting X, Y... Ill have to do the math for this...

Converting NPC real ids to Carb NPC array thats no problem, but later it would be better to make it Real ids.

Ghosthree3 12-07-14 08:13 AM

There's something very wrong with how it's working with Wholly atm. I was doing the DK starting area and my UI was just getting spammed with quest area shading zones that never disappeared. Had to disable Wholly. Is there a switch somewhere in Carbonite to stop it using Wholly?

Rythal 12-07-14 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 (Post 301968)
There's something very wrong with how it's working with Wholly atm. I was doing the DK starting area and my UI was just getting spammed with quest area shading zones that never disappeared. Had to disable Wholly. Is there a switch somewhere in Carbonite to stop it using Wholly?

right click the map, and under show, you should be able to unselect "Custom POI" and it'll stop letting other addons integrate.