WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   WOD/Pre-patch (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50039)

Rythal 10-18-14 07:40 PM

You can't... they have changed the way some of the API calls work so the current code won't work.

BossHawg 10-18-14 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 297724)
I'll stick to this thread instead of making a new one...

For those who can't wait until it's done, it was a pleasure. For those who can wait, don't fret, it's not abandoned and will be fixed to work before too long.

you may be filthy rich after its released! :-D

Mereinid 10-18-14 11:17 PM

Thank you

Hey Rythal, I wanted to say thank you also. I have been in the game now for almost 11 years now and have used Carbonite religiously, I even bought the original software back before Blizz put a nix on software profits not put out by them.
The holidays are coming and I am going to see to it that you and your lady can go have nice dinner on me and the wife. Keep up the good, be safe in your travels! We'll be here when you get time to square away Carb II.

Luck and Loot,

Rythal 10-19-14 01:36 AM

Tonights update before I slink off to bed... Progress! If you can call it that *laughs*

I have no errors popping up any longer, and Carbonite itself fully loads... but the maps and guide location icons are all stacked into one small corner. So It still has a small ways to go.

The plus side is that since there's an entire new continent which I haven't added, it's allowing me to fix the code so it continues to work even after patches with new content instead of people waiting for a release just so it'll load.

comman 10-19-14 02:29 AM

Thanks for the update rythal...

Eternal_Lynx 10-19-14 07:03 AM

Carbonite is just like a drug, once you tried, it's so hard to live without it.
And Rythal is our "cook".

*wink*

wezzer24fan 10-19-14 10:38 AM

Thank you

I also want to thank you for all your hard work you put into Carbonite.

crazzzzi 10-19-14 11:37 AM

just wanna chime in and say thanks for bringing this add-on new life. as for the kooks doing all the trolling, isn't there a way to black list them so they can't do their trolling?

belladonis85 10-19-14 01:10 PM

A big thank you Rythal , you have been awesome since taking over the add-on when it was abandoned. Iv been using carbonite since BC, and since you have taken it over you have done so much work to clean it up and keep it going, it is very much appreciated and I hope amongst getting it working for the rest of us that you have a chance to sit and enjoy the changes and events in-game yourself :) Thanks again.

Blackpsycho 10-20-14 07:27 AM

Want say big Thanks too u Rythal. You get a Donate from me for Your Great Work. My English is not the best but i´am very happy when the Update is Finish where did u call us when its rdy to Download ?

lilacorn 10-20-14 08:00 AM

Keep up the hard work

Youre doing great! I have been using this plugin for a very long time, 2-3 years maybe? and i love it! :D

beastieboy442 10-20-14 09:55 AM

Been using Dugi & Atlas since last Tuesday ... bottom line is that I still really, really miss Carbonite ... and going vanilla is simply outta the question. Thank you sooooooooo much for keeping on with Carbonite, Rythal ... I will wait patiently (cuz it's worth the wait) for the updated version. :banana:

And when we encounter folks that wanna be a troll (no pun intended) ... just shine 'em on. :rolleyes:

Rythal 10-20-14 10:43 AM

Status Update: (meant to post this last night before bed but internet went out)

The maps are back up and running, and I can see my position in the zone... hovering over other zones shows the information about them.

Still to be fixed before I can release (and this is just base maps, I haven't started looking at any module):
- Overlays are not working yet (as in zone itself is not filled in if i hover over it)
- Zoomed in Detailed Map tiles are not working yet
- Points of interest are not working yet
- Testing battlegrounds and instances to see if they work properly
- Sizing Scale of continent 5 (Maelstrom) is incorrect

Rav3n007 10-20-14 01:41 PM

Thanks Rythal for keeping us updated. Love and miss your Carbonite... will be happy when you've released it. Keep up the awesome work. :)

crazzzzi 10-20-14 06:15 PM

Awesome!!!

webbdog88 10-20-14 08:29 PM

Thank you Rythal

I just want to thank him for all he is doing to work on carbonite I have been running this addon for years only thing I can not find is a donation page anymore to donate to the cause.

Rythal 10-20-14 10:50 PM

I've been avoiding the subject on donations and where to make them, both in private messages and in the topics because I didn't want to add fuel to the fire for those who "claim" I keep working on it solo to keep everything to myself.

There is a Donate button on http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html which allows you to do so.

And I just want to say a very heartfelt thank you to those who have already. While I would still be doing this even with no donations at all, each one makes the work done feel worth while to know people are that thankful for it.

Raaziel 10-21-14 03:04 AM

im glad when it´s done :D. You make wonderful work. Already in MoP. :banana::banana:

manwoodsal 10-21-14 04:38 PM

Thank for working on the addon. Love it.. Just wondering. Can we maybe get a working copy or an other alpha version of it. So we can test it and use it in the old lands? I don't much like the wow version of what they give us. Anything you can do to help us and me.

Thorchag 10-21-14 06:04 PM

[quote=Gorganite;298330]Well said Rythal. I just wish I was able to help but having no experience of any sort of programming. I just hope that there are some out there that are able to help you. Thanks for all of your hard work that you have done on Carbonite before and in the future.

One way to get rid of the trolls is just to ignore them and not respond. All the genuine people that appreciate Carbonite will support you anyway they can.

Keep up the good work!!![/QUOTE

As a long time player I've used Carbonite, and will continue to use it when it is ready for use again. Everybody thinks it only take a few minutes to reprogram a program. I have a friend that does programming and I've know it to take him several days to a week just to change thing. So everyone relax and let him or her do there thing and when it's done we will have Carbonite back. An THANKS for letting us use your program.

Thorchag

Imdieing 10-21-14 09:47 PM

Rythal take your time we can wait, like I tell our guild members personal life comes first then WOW. But TY for continuing with Carbonite as long as you have. :banana:

Mythax 10-22-14 10:00 AM

Just to voice my support as well.

Once upon a time I was a systems programmer, and only about 3 or 4 times did I experience changes being done to APIs I was using (Microsoft was the culprit each and every time in case you wondered). The job was even harder as it for a large part wasn't even my own code, so it was quite finicky getting up to 10 years old code to start behaving again...

My thanks to you, Rythal, for doing this job - even if it is on the side and/or just for fun!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

DonCorneo 10-23-14 12:30 AM

Quote:

All of this is compounded by the fact work keeps dragging me from home so I don't have access to work on it. (3 weeks in wisconsin, then 2 weeks in ohio, the rest of this week in toronto) So the working version for WoD won't be anytime soon, hopefully i'll have it going before WoD launches but even that remains to be seen.

For those who can't wait until it's done, it was a pleasure. For those who can wait, don't fret, it's not abandoned and will be fixed to work before too long.

I solved my issue of not having access to the game and files while travelling for work by buying an ASUS G series laptop. Not only can this laptop handle WoW at high settings, but if you have good cell phone service or a usb dongle, you can actually play while on the go (unless you are the driver or you are flying). It is not as good as a top line Alien, but for the price, it is top notch.
I found playing relaxed me after work while on the road, but not sure if that would apply trying to rewrite an addon like Carbonite.

Tequima 10-23-14 01:08 AM

Alternate add-ons to help

Whilst they don't replace the awesome integrated functionality of Carbonite (for which you have my gratitude for rescuing, Rythal), there are 2 add-ons that may help in the meantime:

- Candy Buckets - tracks on the Bliz map the buckets you haven't visited yet
- Altoholic - comprehensive warehouse and reputation tracking (Rythal, have you thought of re-using DataStore functionality in a subesquent release?)

Many thanks Rythal, I know the pressures of travelling and keeping a semblance of RL. Thank you for taking this on too.

littledog123 10-23-14 09:01 AM

ty

this iv had it for 6 to7 years blizz tell me where to get at becos I cant read will I hop you get it up and running where it works im lost with out it

cjyerger 10-23-14 09:33 AM

Thanks for all your hard work on carbonite it is very much appreciated by many of us. Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress

Oyjord 10-23-14 10:28 AM

Not to sound like a sycophant or bandwagoner, but I, too, would simply like to thank Rythal for his hard work in maintaining Carbonite.

Cheers.

Oy.

Rythal 10-23-14 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonCorneo (Post 298768)
I solved my issue of not having access to the game and files while travelling for work by buying an ASUS G series laptop. Not only can this laptop handle WoW at high settings, but if you have good cell phone service or a usb dongle, you can actually play while on the go (unless you are the driver or you are flying). It is not as good as a top line Alien, but for the price, it is top notch.
I found playing relaxed me after work while on the road, but not sure if that would apply trying to rewrite an addon like Carbonite.

I actually tried that.. I bought the top of the Q instead of the G tho, so it was still an i7-4770, it still had the dual graphics (intel / nvidia 660) and 8GB ram, so I can run WoW fine... it's just not as easy to work with. It's the internet that has been problem since my cell only supports t-mobile, and so far i've found unless i'm in a major city, I'm lucky to get 1 bar of service. I really need to buy a new cell phone that supports verizon :P

GlacialEmbers 10-23-14 01:37 PM

I tried to donate to you, but even when I switch the zone to the United States, it keeps asking me to select a canadian province, and won't let me pick states. I'll work on it on my end though... keep workin on this badass add-on.

Roxxzz 10-23-14 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitman9 (Post 297837)
I had forgotten how clunky WoW's native maps, quest info, etc was until having to use it for the last day. It just reminded me how thankful I am that Rythal is keeping Carbonite going.

Exactly!!!!

Urtia 10-23-14 03:24 PM

Im sooo happy oooo sooo happy!!!!!

OK OK so Rythal I first want to thank you sooo much for your work on CarboniteAddon!!! I have never ever used the Blizzard UI for maps or questing at all till well since 10/14, I'm lost and in tears but glad you haven't given up here!!!! Hope you had fun in Wisconsin :p Again thank you soo much for your dedication here!!!!

Tinkermage 10-24-14 08:43 AM

Carbonite IS THE BEST WoW addon in my opinion!!

Just want to say thanks Rythal, for making the BEST WoW addon I've ever used. I have been playing WoW for over 8 years and a friend found the "free" version of Carbonite years ago and told me about it. I did some searching and found out there was a "paid" version that had MANY other features and told my friend about it and we both paid for it. Then Blizzard put a stop to "paid" addons (which I think was wrong since they milk us for $15.00 a month). I continued to support this addon through donations for a couple of years, as I haven't to this day found any addon that can hold a candle to Carbonite!!! Unfortunately, a while back I lost my great paying job and couldn't support the addon through donations anymore. I can barely play WoW for a few months at a time, then I have to take a few months break. I will start supporting this addon again soon! :) I'm just glad it hasn't been abandoned. I, like all the others here have gotten to depend on Carbonite, and like some have said, it's like a drug (I don't use drugs though) and once you get addicted to it, it's hard not to have it. For me, it's like not having chocolate, and I'm a chocoholic!!! LOL Although I'm getting through WoW right now without it (it's tough once you're used to Carbonite) I'm waiting patiently for the update. I told a friend that my Curse client found an update for Carbonite and he was all excited, then I told him that it doesn't work. He said, "You should have downloaded it and tested it before telling me there was an update, instead of getting me all excited" LMAO

Carry on your GREAT work. You have a great following.

Also, I would be interested ion hearing about the "you are updating the addon solo" thing. Message me if you can.

Once again, thank you for an AWESOME addon! CARBONITE, the #1 addon!!

CrimsonFrost 10-24-14 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 298800)
I actually tried that.. I bought the top of the Q instead of the G tho, so it was still an i7-4770, it still had the dual graphics (intel / nvidia 660) and 8GB ram, so I can run WoW fine... it's just not as easy to work with. It's the internet that has been problem since my cell only supports t-mobile, and so far i've found unless i'm in a major city, I'm lucky to get 1 bar of service. I really need to buy a new cell phone that supports verizon :P

Nexus 6 looking pretty good, eh? Not sure about that giant screen though. But keep up the good work, Rythal, we're all standing behind ya, man!

Rythal 10-24-14 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFrost (Post 298889)
Nexus 6 looking pretty good, eh? Not sure about that giant screen though. But keep up the good work, Rythal, we're all standing behind ya, man!

I'd be happy with a galaxy 5 lol, but the problem I run into is verizon and my home carrier (bell canada) use different spectrum's, so I need to find a phone that will support both... my current phone is the EU version of the galaxy 3 since it was suppose to, but verizon says it won't work when I try to register the IMEI to get a sim card.

Rythal 10-25-14 07:27 AM

Good News: Map Overlays are fixed, I can once more see the world
Bad News: BG / Instance maps are definitely not working now that i've tested them

Next up: satellite view fixed

docseuzz 10-25-14 09:57 AM

Rythal - keep kickin' lua a$$ buddy - I want to echo others thanks for your hard work. Offering up any help if you need/want it too - having done software for 19 years or so - I get that sometimes it's better to have a single chef in the kitchen in these 'rip-the-guts-out' moments, but message me if you can use some help...

scubadiver59 10-25-14 10:17 AM

Keep plugging away!

Sent a an American C-note your way to defray the costs for all the sodas/beer and snacks you might need to keep you going during your updates! WoW's maps suck!!! ;)

Teener 10-25-14 03:21 PM

I cry everyday that I have to use WOW maps. I miss Carbonite !!

wilykat 10-25-14 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teener (Post 298975)
I cry everyday that I have to use WOW maps. I miss Carbonite !!

^^ this! ^^

Naudimas 10-25-14 08:31 PM

Woot, can't wait for this addon to return!! Thank you again!!

nightshade00013 10-26-14 09:10 AM

Glad to hear things are coming along. Thank you very much for doing it at all, if you hadn't picked it up the adon would be dead and I can imagine it is a massive undertaking.

Sorry to hear about your cellphone woes, just switched from Verizon to Tmobile as we couldn't handle almost 300 per month for cell service when we rarely use it. The Nexus 5 and 6 are supposed to work with Verizon though the bad thing is they don't really want to activate phones they don't sell on their network. AT&T is your only other real option that has decent 4G everywhere(not to mention GSM phones so you can use whatever you want as long as it's compatible), I just didn't really need it and can wait till Tmobile gets some more expansions done. Anyway I do have a cell phone that is Verizon and 4G I would be willing to donate to the cause. It's rooted already Android 4.1.2, Safestrap is installed so can multiboot stock or up to four alternate os versions, does have wifi hotspot capability but the one I used on it (FoxFi) no longer works correctly on the stock rom but a simple way around that is CyanogenMod, Version 10 works fine and 11 nightlies seemed to be stable when I was using it. It may also work for you in canada as it is world capable it just won't work in the US on AT&T or Tmobile correctly. Let me know and I can set it up and send it off after the first of next month when I have some cash again. And if you ever make it to the OKC area I know a place that has 100Mbps WiFi available for your use even if I do have to move some stuff out of the way, lol.

Snake_Eyes 10-26-14 06:48 PM

Thanks Rythal for updating this great addon to WoD.
Any changes that u made already made Carbonite working now for just the map, if so can we have the called beta alpha/version to till the finish build.

I wish i had the knowledge to build this great addon, because i have plenty of time, but sadly i dont know about this :-(

Greets a long Carbonite user for years already.

Boggtroll 10-26-14 07:26 PM

Best addon ever.

Questing in WoW is brutal with the normal maps and quest log. i miss my all-in-one addon, ive tried replacing it with about 10 others and still dont get all the functions i had with carbonite....thank you for taking this addon over and updating it.

kswizzle71981 10-26-14 07:38 PM

Need Help

Quote:

A short explanation of what's being worked on currently:

The old Carbonite had 2 Zone tables. One followed blizzards zoneID's (4 = Durotar, 9 = Mulgore etc etc),
and One used it's own numbering system (1000 - 1999 was Eastern Kingdoms, 2000 - 2999 was Kalimdor, 3000-3999 was Outlands etc etc)

The entire mapping system relied on and was using the 1000,2000 system while guides locations quest tracking etc was using the zoneID system. The two were tied together strictly by the zone name. So during the table initialization, it looked at zone 1001 saw Durotar was it's name and created links between 1001 and 4 in various tables.

With the new continent coming, that entire system no longer works, as it can't tell Burning Crusade Shadowmoon Valley from WoD Shadowmoon Valley. So I am working on converting the 1000,2000 system over to zoneID's.

This is also leading to some problems on it's own, as things like Battlegrounds were placed in 9000-9999 and through out the entire mapping system it would check if you were in a battleground by seeing if carbonites internal ID was 9001 etc, so I need to find new ways to check for instances or battlegrounds.

All of this is compounded by the fact work keeps dragging me from home so I don't have access to work on it. (3 weeks in wisconsin, then 2 weeks in ohio, the rest of this week in toronto) So the working version for WoD won't be anytime soon, hopefully i'll have it going before WoD launches but even that remains to be seen.

I am a novice and starting to get into this programming stuff. Would you like some help, if you can give me a guide and what needs to be updated, i can update what needs to be done and send it for your review. I love this add on and would like to contribute to its progression. I know the basics of the toc and lua formats but would love to learn more.

Markzs 10-27-14 07:26 AM

I'm going back to WoW and I searched to see if my beloved addon was coming back and... IT IS!
OH MY! Thanks for bringing Carbonite back, Rythal!
As you can see, your project has a lot of fans and everyone is supporting your work.
I hope you succeed in this rework <3

CactusBadger 10-27-14 08:13 PM

Playing WOW without Carbonite makes me realize that it is what makes the game enjoyable for me - and just how much I miss it when it is not there. I am definitely going to wait until Rythal gets time to make this awesome addon work for us again. I appreciate this addon, and I have donated to its development. If you enjoy Carbonite and you are able to make a donation, please do so - Just to say thanks!

noobinit 10-27-14 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 297691)
I'm working on it now, but it most likely won't be ready by tomorrow.

I just want to say - THANK YOU.
WOW just isnt the same without carbonite ! it makes everything so much easier.

I will be more than happy to make a contribution once the updated version is out as a way to say thank you properly !

phex 10-28-14 01:30 AM

Hello, i am a german wow player since 2008.

at first, my english is very bad, sorry for that. but i must say i love carbonite frome the first day. i hope your RL is quickly becoming good. and you will have much time for this addon. my question is, where can i donate your project? i don't find any link on your website maybe i am too stupid to find it.

at last i have to say thank you, because there are many more players in other countrys who need your professionalism and skill which will by the addon become to an important tool in wow.

sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand what i try to say!

phex

Origami 10-28-14 02:10 AM

Rythal, Just wanted to say thank you for the time spent on this addon, Your efforts do not go unnoticed =) Though some are quick to judge, real life takes precedent over anything, Thank you for continuing to support this addon with updates, Can't wait for the release... SOOOO EXCITED!!!!:banana:

Teener 10-28-14 08:17 AM

Last night I was watching a Youtube video on how to do something and as I was watching I said " hey i know what map addon they are using, it's Carbonite !!! I MISS CARONITE !!

twystedfate 10-28-14 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleXuTzU (Post 299100)
I'm verry dissapointed,you just waith go get more donations,because after the rellease all the donation will go down,why don;t you give the addon to someone else?All addons are up to date from long time agoo,already,carbonite is the only one,big addon that is still not updated.What i know that the old authors never done this thing...i'm verry dissapointed,and all of you stop making donation's till the new update,after that u all are free to make what kind of donation you won't.

you kidding right....Rythal is doing this not for cash but to help you and everyone else out in his spare time, what you think he has no life, you this he has no real life job, and as for the old authers yes they updated quickly, because THEY WROTE THE SCRIPT, used to program the addon so yah they do it fast they know it better then anyone, ohh and they where paid to do it as carbonite used to be a paid addon untill blizz shut them down and then they droped it faster then you can shake a stick, so i suggest instead of whining like a kid who lost his toy you wait like the rest of us and stop flaming the only guy who has the know how and the willingness to do this for free on his own time and let him get it done.

assassin129 10-28-14 10:02 AM

Quote:

I'm verry dissapointed,you just waith go get more donations,because after the rellease all the donation will go down,why don;t you give the addon to someone else?All addons are up to date from long time agoo,already,carbonite is the only one,big addon that is still not updated.What i know that the old authors never done this thing...i'm verry dissapointed,and all of you stop making donation's till the new update,after that u all are free to make what kind of donation you won't.

What a Twat...

onenutmcgee 10-28-14 10:03 AM

Quote:

I literally created an account to say that you, AleXuTzU, are a huge jerkoff. You've clearly never done any serious programming or written a wow addon before. The 6.0 patch changed a lot of APIs (which is why almost all addons broke). One of the largest changes was how the maps worked, which is the foundation for Carbonite as a whole. Basically, Rythal is having to rewrite the kernel of Carbonite. Other addons were updated quicker because the systems they touch weren't changed as much. But when a fundamental part of your API changes, it takes work to fix it. But I wouldn't expect a selfish tool like you to understand.

Rythal, ignore the haters, buddy! Carbonite is hands down the best map and quest addon out there. I look forward to rocking it again soon.
:banana:

Qin 10-28-14 10:21 AM

Carry on

You know it's a troll right? Same guy who's been stalking and bad mouthing. I suppose if an Admin dug around, they can ban by IP; but that would only give the Troll more food.

Carry on Rythal and supporters. Lets wait for the big finish.

Continue to show your support to Rythal with your thanks and kind words, and if so inclined your donations.

emoxxxkid 10-28-14 10:33 AM

I thought I'd post this in here since I know a lot of users of carbonite use this and Rythal checks this and maybe can provide some useful information.

Since Carbonite isn't working, yet, I'm really missing the notes on the map where it would say instance (dungeons and raids) entrances. Does anyone know an addon or anything that places these on the map/minimap while Rythal works on Carbonite? Just one of the many small things I'm missing right now. I know I could use Handynotes and just go mark them myself, but I'm sure there's gotta be something out there all ready if Carbonite already had the system in place. I've searched and just can't find anything.

w3slinger 10-28-14 10:48 AM

Reiterate

Quote:

Originally Posted by onenutmcgee (Post 299110)
I literally created an account to say that you, AleXuTzU, are a huge jerkoff. You've clearly never done any serious programming or written a wow addon before. The 6.0 patch changed a lot of APIs (which is why almost all addons broke). One of the largest changes was how the maps worked, which is the foundation for Carbonite as a whole. Basically, Rythal is having to rewrite the kernel of Carbonite. Other addons were updated quicker because the systems they touch weren't changed as much. But when a fundamental part of your API changes, it takes work to fix it. But I wouldn't expect a selfish tool like you to understand.

Rythal, ignore the haters, buddy! Carbonite is hands down the best map and quest addon out there. I look forward to rocking it again soon.
:banana:

I fully agree, Carbonite has been the mainstay add-on for me. I have played WoW since late '04 and Carbonite has been hands-down the most useful add-on for the duration! Ignore the trolls, they do nothing but spread Troll turds.

beastieboy442 10-28-14 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoxxxkid (Post 299120)
I thought I'd post this in here since I know a lot of users of carbonite use this and Rythal checks this and maybe can provide some useful information.

Since Carbonite isn't working, yet, I'm really missing the notes on the map where it would say instance (dungeons and raids) entrances. Does anyone know an addon or anything that places these on the map/minimap while Rythal works on Carbonite? Just one of the many small things I'm missing right now. I know I could use Handynotes and just go mark them myself, but I'm sure there's gotta be something out there all ready if Carbonite already had the system in place. I've searched and just can't find anything.

I'm using a combination of 5 (I think) different *addons to try to replace Carbonite during this interim ... plus tried some others which I have since then ditched. I am convinced that there is no combination to replace Carbonite.

Thanks, so much Rythal!!!!

*Atlas, Wow-pro, legacy quest, tomtom, etc.

Draven006 10-28-14 11:17 AM

Knob

Quote:

What an absolute moron... his English is bad... like Russian (no offence to the "nice" Russians)

But really... Rythal has taken on this project after carbonite developers were to greedy for money... when they couldn't make money out of it they dropped the project.

Rythal picked it up as a fan update, and he has done a fantastic job with it.

AleXuTzU.... you make an addon you arrogant shit!!!!!!!!!

Rythal, keep up the good work ... find this guys IP address and block him from downloading the addon LOL

fctech 10-28-14 11:48 AM

Quote:

I'm very disappointed that you are a selfish uncaring git. If it wasn't for Rythal there would be no Carbonite anymore. So ST%U and wait like everyone else. The old authors took money from you so you could have Carbonite, Rythal does this for free and some will & already did donate because we appreciate the work already done and the work that needs yet to be done. If I hadn't already just donated your infantile rant would have certainly got my wallet out to donate just to 'unclog my nose in your general direction."

Spheo 10-28-14 01:22 PM

Rythal,

Like many here, I am anxiously awaiting the fruits of your hard work and dedication to the future of this AddOn.

Perhaps, we may send you a 12 pack of your choosing? It would be appropriate, because for most of us, it takes copious amounts of alcohol to put up with the Blizzard mapping UI and Quest Guide.

Let us know if there is a PO Box somewhere we can send liquid appreciation, don't mind if there are a few brews missing when it arrives; just the thought of playing without Carbonite makes me thirsty.

-Spheo