WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BlizzCon 2007 Tentative Schedule (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10984)

Cairenn 07-05-07 06:15 PM

BlizzCon 2007 Tentative Schedule

Sat Supper - 10pm, The House of Blues in Downtown Disney, after the concert. Group Reservation name is WoWInterface.

Sat, 4 Aug, evening - General UI Author/community dinner - exact time and place tba yet
Sun, 5 Aug, day - Disney

We'll also sort out somewhere to try to hook up with each other at the 'con itself. Like a specific table or something. UI community take over a corner somewhere or something.

Works for everyone?

Confirmed Sat Supper attendees:
Cairenn
Kudane
Sargeras
Guillotine
Thunder_Child
taco-man
MentalPower
Iriel
Esamynn
Cladhaire +2
AnduinLothar (maybe)
Beladona
Kaelten + wife
Cogwheel + wife
Kaydeethree +2
Kirkburn
--------

Confirmed Disney attendees:
Cairenn
Kudane
Sargeras
taco-man
MentalPower
Esamynn
Guillotine
Cladhaire +2
Beladona
---------

Fill in the blanks guys, we need to nail this stuff down.

THUNDER_CHILD 07-19-07 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn
Sat, 4 Aug, evening - General UI Author/community dinner - exact time and place tba yet
Sun, 5 Aug, day - Disney

We'll also sort out somewhere to try to hook up with each other at the 'con itself. Like a specific table or something. UI community take over a corner somewhere or something.

Works for everyone?

Take over a corner?? we are gonna take over the whole damn thing!

We are running out of time for plans though, only 2 weeks left.

Dreadlorde 07-19-07 04:20 PM

I wish I had enough money to go to BlizzCon...The next one me and my friends are probably going to go.

Geboran 07-19-07 05:24 PM

I sure hope they plan on revamping the default UI sometime.

There are *SO* many improvements they can make to it.

taco-man 07-24-07 04:38 AM

the schedule looks good to me im looking forward to blizzcon i just wish i actually went in 2005 as well

Sargeras 07-25-07 05:04 PM

I have to remember to PM you later next week with my number. Dolby can't make it :(, and I'll be writing to Kudane as well.

Cairenn 07-25-07 05:07 PM

I know Dolby won't be there, he'll be at FanFaire. Why'd they have to go and make both of them on the same weekend? :( :( :(

So you're going to join us for Supper on Sat, Disney on Sun and general hanging out the rest of the time?

PM me with your cell, so we can make sure we hook up. I fly out to LA on Wed, 1 Aug. :)

Guillotine 07-26-07 04:22 PM

I will be attending dinner as well as Disneyland.

Sent a PM with cell phone number :)

Cladhaire 07-28-07 07:18 PM

I'll be there with two in tow.

THUNDER_CHILD 07-28-07 07:26 PM

I'll be there for dinner, disney..maybe..i doubt it though.

Kaydeethree 07-28-07 07:30 PM

I'll be there, getting in early on the 3rd (10:30 flight arrival) and leaving early on the 5th (11 or so). Wikia's got me wrangled around 18:00ish on Saturday (depends on how optional that dinner meeting is) so I may be able to make dinner, depending on the timing. Can't go to Disney, don't want to try to play flight bingo. It'd be nice seeing the other one, I've been to Disney World too many times to remember, but alas.

Otherwise, I'll be at the con wearing a WoWWiki T-shirt.

Cladhaire 07-28-07 09:33 PM

I'll be there.

Cairenn has a pair of my underwear, along with my cell phone number.
I have pictures.

taco-man 07-29-07 07:03 AM

what time are we planning on going to disneyland at on sunday? ill be there for part of the day but i have work (at disneyland haha) from 4:30pm - 9pm so i will have to bail but then i can make it back in the park and meet up with everyone again before the fireworks start at 9:25

Beladona 07-29-07 01:14 PM

I will be there! I should be there from the 1st through the 6th so I can go to all of those events.

Cairenn 07-29-07 03:37 PM

Not sure on times for Disney on Sunday, can sort that out at supper on Sat or during the 'con before. :)

Cogwheel 07-29-07 05:20 PM

My wife and I will be at the supper, but I have an 8 hour drive on Sunday to get back home before work the next day. But it's OK... We went to disneyland for our anniversary last year :P

Kaydeethree 07-31-07 04:33 PM

Any word on when/where the dinner will be? The wikia crew will likely be attending, so me, kirkburn and 2 others at the moment.

Kirkburn 07-31-07 04:40 PM

Count me in also (as per Kaydeethree)

Edit: I think that's what they call "timing".

Cairenn 07-31-07 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaydeethree
Any word on when/where the dinner will be? The wikia crew will likely be attending, so me, kirkburn and 2 others at the moment.

When is scheduled for 6pm, where is hopefully Rainforest Cafe (Downtown Disney, right across the street from the convention center, no park entrance fee to get that far), providing they are more accommodating about taking the reservation tomorrow than they were tonight. If not, maybe Planet Hollywood, maybe House of Blues, we'll see (same area). Reservation will be made as "WoW Interface". Cogwheel will post with the confirmed restaurant once he knows it (he's kindly offered to take care of it since I'll be on a plane all day tomorrow).

Cogwheel 08-01-07 09:46 AM

Well, this isn't going very smoothly, unfortunately... The Disneyland site doesn't seem to have a page for California's Downtown Disney, so the places we were trying were in Orlando. I've gotten that sorted out, but the Rainforest Cafe can't accommodate a party of our size until 9:30 PM. I'm going to try the House of Blues later this morning. I'll keep you guys posted.

-- EDIT --

Would the later time be alright with everybody if nothing else works out? The last panels on Saturday don't end until 6:30 so our current time of 6:00 would interrupt that... Plus there's the L70ETC concert until 9:30...