WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   3.3 LFG button hidden when carbonite enabled. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28973)

xero 12-08-09 10:29 PM

3.3 LFG button hidden when carbonite enabled.

As the post title says, carbonite hides the LFG button when queue'd with the new dungeon finder system and theres no way through the settings to get it to display.

TehMutt 12-08-09 10:59 PM

I thought so, nice to know it wasn't just me. Since dungeons are/were buggy after the patch, the minimap button seems to be the only fix, but you're right, I can't get it to show.

Hiker 12-09-09 12:14 AM

I'm having the same problem... so with Carbonite enabled there's no way to teleport to a dungeon via the "Dungeon Finder". At least not that I can see. If anybody knows a solution please post.

Thanks

holedweller 12-09-09 12:26 AM

De-Merge the MiniMap

For some reason, the LFG icon doesn't fall into the Carbonite button menu. So the only way to use the LFG feature is to separate Carbonite from the MiniMap. It will still show up on the MiniMap as long as you don't have it merged, even with the button menu on.

Zaghar 12-09-09 03:36 AM

This new button appears to be part of the blizzard mini map frame and not its own separate button. If someone could figure out the script to "Teleport to and from the instance" you could make a macro for it.

carboniteaddon 12-09-09 04:11 AM

I did 2 runs using the Dungeon finder so far. It asked me to teleport each time. I figured there may be a missing minimap button, but had not looked for it yet.

I fixed it. Will be in next version.

You can hack it yourself in the meantime by searching in Carbonite.lua for
"MiniMapBattlefieldFrame", and adding "MiniMapLFGFrame", after it.

Line end would be >>> "MiniMapBattlefieldFrame","MiniMapLFGFrame",}

Quotes are required.

Copacetic 12-09-09 05:48 AM

Thank you! So far it has worked for me. Still have to test the "enter instance" from the button. But it has at least showed up for me with the rest of the minimap buttons. Thanks again!!

carboniteaddon 12-09-09 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copacetic (Post 168659)
Thank you! So far it has worked for me. Still have to test the "enter instance" from the button. But it has at least showed up for me with the rest of the minimap buttons. Thanks again!!

Great. Let us know if you have any further problems with it. Hope to have a bug fix release by this weekend.

The sun will be coming up and I'm off to sleep. I'll check the forums again tomorrow afternoon.

aurora0809 12-09-09 07:37 AM

adding the port to instance icon

i dont knwo if im doing something wrong but when i try and open the carbonite.lua page it says windows cannot open this file...how do i get passed this to be able to rewrite in carbonite?
P.S. ive never written my own addons if you couldnt tell!

Vis 12-09-09 07:41 AM

You can open up .lua files using any text editor you'd like.

I personally recommend Textpad. Its free to evaluate, and the low purchase price of the software is a great deal for what you get.

Here's a link directly to their homepage: http://www.textpad.com/

nick5454 12-09-09 09:15 AM

So when can we expect to updated version to be released with the LFG fix?

nick5454 12-09-09 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis (Post 168681)
You can open up .lua files using any text editor you'd like.

I personally recommend Textpad. Its free to evaluate, and the low purchase price of the software is a great deal for what you get.

Here's a link directly to their homepage: http://www.textpad.com/

For Visual Studio users ( Express is free ) there is an add in that lets you edit WOW Lua projects. It can be done there even though it's overkill.

It works very well.

Hiker 12-09-09 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon (Post 168635)

Quotes are required.

You guys are awesome, thank you!

Colacola 12-09-09 03:19 PM

Thanks for the advice on fixing this problem with LFG button. For those of you just now looking into this.....

find the lua file in the carbonite folder....

open it up...

click "edit"

search for "MiniMapBattlefieldFrame"

copy/paste "MiniMapLFGFrame" just after the comma

save and close the lua

good to go

Sepioth 12-09-09 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick5454 (Post 168698)
So when can we expect to updated version to be released with the LFG fix?

Read post #8 ... 3 posts ABOVE yours ..

Thanks Carb team ... glad to see Carb updated for 3.3 as the patch was released. Great Job.

lovswr 12-09-09 07:41 PM

Quote:

I did 2 runs using the Dungeon finder so far. It asked me to teleport each time. I figured there may be a missing minimap button, but had not looked for it yet.

Quotes are required.

I did exactly as you said. It is not working for me. Can you post a pic of what I SHOULD be looking for on the mini map?

edit: Here is the entire modified line from my Carbonite.lua

{"NXMiniMapBut","GameTimeFrame","TimeManagerClockButton","MiniMapWorldMapButton","MiniMapMailFrame","MiniMapTracking","MiniMapVoiceChatFrame","MiniMapBattlefieldFrame","MiniMapLFGFrame",}

lovswr 12-09-09 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I'm an idiot. I forgot about the button bag & there it is at the far right.

oh, is there a way to move the button bag around?

twistdshade 12-09-09 11:01 PM

/click MiniMapLFGFrame

Make this into a macro for a temporary quick-fix

PersephanieTwistingNether 12-11-09 02:01 PM

Quote:

Quotes are required.

Thank you for the help but i use Minimap Button Frame as well. will I need to do anything different to the text to make it work for that?

carboniteaddon 12-11-09 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovswr (Post 168938)
Well I'm an idiot. I forgot about the button bag & there it is at the far right.

Looks like it is doing what Carbonite can do, except Carbonite does not put a big window frame around the buttons, which I would not want myself.

What addon is that?

Vis 12-11-09 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon (Post 169311)
Looks like it is doing what Carbonite can do, except Carbonite does not put a big window frame around the buttons, which I would not want myself.

What addon is that?

The addon in lovswr's screenshot is nUI. The large square button window you see containing all the minimap buttons is only shown when you click a button that is in the same row as the bag icons you see in the background. There are actually five buttons there, 4 representing each bag slot, and a fifth for the button bag frame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovswr (Post 168938)

Yes there is an easy way to move things in nUI. Try typing "/nui movers" into the chat frame, minus the quotes of course :)

Chmee 12-12-09 10:44 AM

Looks like nUI.

PersephanieTwistingNether 12-12-09 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon (Post 169311)

What addon is that?

That addon that adds the minimap button bag is nui. It adds custom bars to the bottom of your screen as well but the visuals of it take up a good portion of your screen so i dont use it. Altho I do use Minimap Button frame with carbonite and it does not alow the LFG button to show up. All the other minimap buttons do show (if I dont click to move minimap buttons into carbonite map.) This is the only one that dosent. I also made the change in the lua text and now it will show if i move minimap buttons into carbonite but not for minimap button frame. Any advice?

Tyriael 12-12-09 10:09 PM

yeah, i got voted out of a party cause i cant click it, tell me, does that macro command work?
"/click MiniMapLFGFrame"

i used it while i was in the que, but not in a group, and i got the standard dungeon window.
i didnt, you know, wanna end up in a group across the other side of northrend and have to drop cause i cant use the teleport macro ! :P

Edit of edit: the macro command WORKS! use it if you dont want to separate stuff etc

Kucerakov 12-14-09 06:08 AM

I still cannot see the button no matter what I do, even if I switch to the old minimap which I cannot do because I have too many damn addon buttons to fit around the little map. The macro command does not do anything, unless that is just to teleport you to the instance. I tried using it when I wasn't grouped, I assumed it would bring up the LFG window but it did nothing. I am using the latest, 3.31 now, too.

PersephanieTwistingNether 12-14-09 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kucerakov (Post 169858)
I still cannot see the button no matter what I do, even if I switch to the old minimap which I cannot do because I have too many damn addon buttons to fit around the little map. The macro command does not do anything, unless that is just to teleport you to the instance. I tried using it when I wasn't grouped, I assumed it would bring up the LFG window but it did nothing. I am using the latest, 3.31 now, too.

Try adding minimap button frame. It will put all of those minimap buttons surrounding your frame into a movable customisable frame. You cant see the button when you have carbonite activated but it will work if you disable carbonite. Also once carbonite does fix this you can enable carbonite and disable under carbonite options "move minimap buttons into carbonite" and the minimap button frame will continue to work with carbonite. As mine does now see:

carboniteaddon 12-14-09 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kucerakov (Post 169858)
I still cannot see the button no matter what I do...I am using the latest, 3.31 now, too.

Does it actually say Carbonite 3.31 in the addon list? People often put the files in the wrong location when they update Carbonite and don't check that they have the new version when they start playing.

carboniteaddon 12-14-09 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersephanieTwistingNether (Post 169906)
Try adding minimap button frame.

3.31 already fixes it. Carbonite does let you move, scale and set number of buttons per column for the minimap button window like what your pictures shows without that visible stuff around it.

lovswr 12-14-09 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon (Post 169964)
Does it actually say Carbonite 3.31 in the addon list? People often put the files in the wrong location when they update Carbonite and don't check that they have the new version when they start playing.

Yes, when I logged in it said Carbonite 3.310

I did the earlier fix & the LFG was in the mini map button bag. I upgraded to Carbonite 3.31 & the LFG button is gone.

edit: Once again, I am a idiot. I see it now, just over the gold N (for North) on the visible mini map, dead center, at the bottom of the screen.

In the pic below I had been in the queue for about 2 minutes. Normally the button would show up in about 15 to 30 seconds.

Tung 12-16-09 10:08 AM

LFG button still not showing up for me, I tried the macro, I tried going into Carbonite LUA and typing in MiniMapLFGFrame.

Only thing I haven't tried is updating to the latest Carbonite version. Which I prefer not to because the one I'm on right now is very stable except for the fact that I can't get back into group ports.

Any other ideas?

Edit: I can't take a pic of my game because of this weird drag and snapshot thing and it alt tabs me out of WoW. Any idea on how I can change that?

In the meantime I will go windowed mode.

http://i49.tinypic.com/x1yp78.png

Ihsahndk 12-16-09 02:40 PM

Same problem here using 3.3.1 and MiniMapButtonFrame and no matter what I do carbonite will not allow to see the LFG eye to be able to right click teleport to dungeon / leave dungeon.

I tested by turning off carbonite and leaving MMBF on and the eye shows so it is for sure that it is carbonite that is hiding it still.

Is there any ETA on releasing a version of carbonite that allows this to show?

Carbonite is the best I cant play with out it, but not being able to use the new teleport features is getting on my nerves.

carboniteaddon 12-18-09 06:32 PM

My son and I both do random dungeons each day and the button always shows up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihsahndk (Post 170485)
I tested by turning off carbonite and leaving MMBF on and the eye shows so it is for sure that it is carbonite that is hiding it still.

You would want to test it the opposite of that. Disable all other addons except Carbonite and see if the button appears. If you then enable MMBF and the problem happens, then there is a conflict between the two.

Ihsahndk 12-19-09 03:32 PM

Thank you, you are correct, when i turn off all other Mini Map addons Carbonite shows the LFG eye, my bad and amazing job on this addon keep up the great work!

Sangre 12-26-09 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihsahndk (Post 170987)
Thank you, you are correct, when i turn off all other Mini Map addons Carbonite shows the LFG eye, my bad and amazing job on this addon keep up the great work!

Hang on, if you disable all other minimap addons, it shows up, if you don't, it doesn't?

I'm starting to get a bit miffed with this, because I like my Chinchilla minimap. If this is another thing that doesn't work with Carbonite enabled... I'm gonna start looking into what I actually use it for and find alternative addons.
Sorry, but the minimap button frame already sucks the coordinates into it. If LFG doesn't work either... ugh.

MidgetMage55 12-26-09 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangre (Post 172074)
Hang on, if you disable all other minimap addons, it shows up, if you don't, it doesn't?

I'm starting to get a bit miffed with this, because I like my Chinchilla minimap. If this is another thing that doesn't work with Carbonite enabled... I'm gonna start looking into what I actually use it for and find alternative addons.
Sorry, but the minimap button frame already sucks the coordinates into it. If LFG doesn't work either... ugh.

The reason this would happen is they are both trying to place the button from around the mini map and it causes problems. Multiple addons attempting to do similar things (in this case position the buttons) will cause conflicts.

PersephanieTwistingNether 01-08-10 02:26 PM

Is there any way to completely remove the minimap button feature from carbonite?

When i use carbonite it asks me if i want to move minimap buttons into carbonite map. I click no and i still dont see some of my minimap buttons like zoom or search. I want to be able to completely remove any carbonite scripting that has anything to do with mini map buttons. Complete removal of the minimap button feature. Any way to do that? maybe by lua scripting or something?

Love the map great work!

Gwendylyyn 01-08-10 07:30 PM

Thanks so much for the fix on this. Was really starting to become a small problem for me. :D

mute 02-10-10 02:34 AM

Hi,

I have this problem too. I just downloaded and installed the newest version of Carbonite and I still have no LFG dungeon eye. I keep having to hearth out of instances.

I'd love to know how to fix this. Otherwise I'm just going to have to uninstall Carbonite, which is my favourite addon.

Please let me know what I can do to help you find a solution. It's driving me crazy.

carboniteaddon 02-10-10 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mute (Post 177987)
I have this problem too. I just downloaded and installed the newest version of Carbonite and I still have no LFG dungeon eye. I keep having to hearth out of instances.

Sounds like you are still using an old version. Put your mouse over the Carbonite minimap button and make sure it says 3.31 in the tooltip.

Also disable all addons except Carbonite and test.