WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33892)

voodoodad 07-17-10 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuffle (Post 198578)
ya it's an error, just thought it funny when I loaded up wowi to update an addon and bam 4 billion :P

Although, ya know.... Neither of the browsers on my blackberry will load the beta addons page... Hmmmm I wonder

Jiminizer 07-18-10 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuffle (Post 198578)
ya it's an error, just thought it funny when I loaded up wowi to update an addon and bam 4 billion :P

Looks like someone forgot to sign their int. :p

Of course, as a forum of coders, you all know that ;)

Seerah 07-18-10 02:36 PM

The page wouldn't load on Chrome or Opera either, on my computer last night. I reported it to Dolby, and he fixed it. :)

MysticalOS 07-19-10 02:05 PM

any word from blizz now that it's monday?

Lombra 07-19-10 02:36 PM

I'm sure we'll be informed of any potential words.

Shadowed 07-19-10 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticalOS (Post 198820)
any word from blizz now that it's monday?

We haven't had any word yet, as soon as we do will let you guys know.

Kaidian 07-19-10 02:38 PM

Lets hope they don't decide to send them another day again...

MysticalOS 07-19-10 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaidian (Post 198824)
Lets hope they don't decide to send them another day again...

Agreed. I requested mine off curse though but both sites in same boat. WoWI just doesn't support contributing authors so i don't have an author tag here :\.

tutti 07-19-10 02:56 PM

By the way, in the case that they do deicde to put it off for another day, is there any chance we could get any information on how much longer it'll be before we should give up for the day? Being from the EU and given how large the US is I don't really know what time it is over there...

Icecoldcoke 07-19-10 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutti (Post 198827)
By the way, in the case that they do deicde to put it off for another day, is there any chance we could get any information on how much longer it'll be before we should give up for the day? Being from the EU and given how large the US is I don't really know what time it is over there...

At the Blizzard HQ it is currently 1:57PM

Kaidian 07-19-10 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutti (Post 198827)

-9 hrs for you tutts :)

tutti 07-19-10 03:01 PM

Meh, a couple hours more until they go home then :(

I hope they'll have the keys out by then... :D

Jiminizer 07-19-10 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticalOS (Post 198826)
Agreed. I requested mine off curse though but both sites in same boat. WoWI just doesn't support contributing authors so i don't have an author tag here :\.

Same here. It'd be nice to see WoWI give support to contributing authors, as I'm sure there's others like us that don't have our own projects, but are invaluable to some of those managed by others :p

Shadowed 07-19-10 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiminizer (Post 198831)
Same here. It'd be nice to see WoWI give support to contributing authors, as I'm sure there's others like us that don't have our own projects, but are invaluable to some of those managed by others :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticalOS (Post 198826)

I'm not sure if it's intended for contributing authors to not be listed as authors, but I would have to poke Dolby to find out.

None of the rules for keys are set in stone, we have made exceptions and you guys are welcome to send Cairenn or Dolby a message asking to get a key even if you are a contributing author. We're mostly trying to cut down on the abuse, and don't want people adding 50 contributing authors and getting multiple keys.

Kuredo 07-19-10 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowed (Post 198833)
I'm not sure if it's intended for contributing authors to not be listed as authors, but I would have to poke Dolby to find out.

None of the rules for keys are set in stone, we have made exceptions and you guys are welcome to send Cairenn or Dolby a message asking to get a key even if you are a contributing author. We're mostly trying to cut down on the abuse, and don't want people adding 50 contributing authors and getting multiple keys.

Most forums track IPs. Thus, if multiple accounts are coming from 1 IP, this could be an indication of such abusers. I can imagine that there would be special situations such as couples who program together or families with multiple programmers, but I wouldn't think that there would be many of these.

That being said, I have absolutely no idea how many active accounts we have on this site, so the time it would take to check each account's IP may not be worth it. Just an idea. :)

MysticalOS 07-19-10 03:23 PM

it's more of a shortcoming of site in general. addon projects only let you have one author, the project maintainer, you can't really add contributers and it's been that way since before the give away. At present 4 actual coders work on DBM, localizers not even included in that, but on here we can only have 1 author on it. It's why nitram and tandanu set admin so one is on wrath mods and one is on BC mods so they both had author tags.

but i could see how it could be abused now. Makes me wonder what curse is doing about that actually since atm curse still lets you add whoever whenever to your projects. i suppose that's why they are throttling it by addon popularity/points now.

Shadowed 07-19-10 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticalOS (Post 198835)
it's more of a shortcoming of site in general. addon projects only let you have one author, the project maintainer, you can't really add contributers and it's been that way since before the give away. At present 4 actual coders work on DBM, localizers not even included in that, but on here we can only have 1 author on it. It's why nitram and tandanu set admin so one is on wrath mods and one is on BC mods so they both had author tags.

but i could see how it could be abused now. Makes me wonder what curse is doing about that actually since atm curse still lets you add whoever whenever to your projects. i suppose that's why they are throttling it by addon popularity/points now.

Contributors are supposed to be tagged as an author, but it's not been coded yet. Unless you also meant author as in being able to push releases?

Xrystal 07-19-10 04:44 PM

I think they are talking about people helping authors without being accredited outside of comments in forums or addon pages.

MysticalOS 07-19-10 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowed (Post 198848)
Contributors are supposed to be tagged as an author, but it's not been coded yet. Unless you also meant author as in being able to push releases?

not really worried about pushing releases. Being labeled with that poop colored brown when responding to file comments so someone can see help is coming from one of addon authors, not just some random dude. Addon author tag on name when posting in other forums. etc..

Edit. Looks like there some basic stuff now i had someon recheck you can be added to projects now in team management. the UI just doesn't really recognize it in your posts yet is all.

Krevlorn 07-19-10 05:40 PM

I have this awful feeling keys are going to be delayed again... :(