WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33892)

siema_co 07-22-10 10:14 AM

Basically thats how I felt;P

Helminthophobe 07-22-10 10:19 AM

I was having a rough day at work. I checked the site and saw I was given a beta key. It really made the day better. Thanks! I can't wait to get home now more than ever. :)

Quokka 07-22-10 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 199361)
Passed along the info that there are a number of US members having the same issue. Thanks guys.

No Cairenn, we thank you for the efort that you put into this

eThuz 07-22-10 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidbeard (Post 199355)
Same problem as above, when imputing the BETA key provided into the Add or Upgrade section it shoots back the invalid key message to try code redemption, again i do that and it does not work either.

I am Australian and play on the US servers, i tried entering this on the us.battle.net.

Are you on the Old style or new style Battle.Net?

Was on the phone to Blizz an hour ago about an authenticator issue, the rep said there were a couple of bugs that still needed to be ironed out of the new one (Like sending emails for one :mad:)

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quokka (Post 199367)
No Cairenn, we thank you for the efort that you put into this

I'll put my name to that, you're doing us all a great service Cairenn

akgis 07-22-10 10:34 AM

Next batch only next week or we may still get this week?

Kaidian 07-22-10 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eThuz (Post 199368)
Are you on the Old style or new style Battle.Net?

Was on the phone to Blizz an hour ago about an authenticator issue, the rep said there were a couple of bugs that still needed to be ironed out of the new one (Like sending emails for one :mad:)

Using the old one is no longer an option sadly

saulhudson 07-22-10 10:35 AM

Obviously I'm only saying others are already saying and it seems WoW Interface are doing everything they can to solve the issue but Im also having problems my Beta key. "Invalid Key, try Redemption code ..."

Tracking Number #000262
Battle Net EU

Looking forward to getting stuck in!

Thanks Folks

eThuz 07-22-10 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaidian (Post 199370)
Using the old one is no longer an option sadly

Aparrently there's a decent percentage of people who haven't been moved to the new system, or something like that

Cairenn 07-22-10 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akgis (Post 199369)
Next batch only next week or we may still get this week?

Don't know akgis, didn't ask right now, more worried about getting the existing ones working.

Kaidian 07-22-10 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eThuz (Post 199372)
Aparrently there's a decent percentage of people who haven't been moved to the new system, or something like that

I'd love to be able to find a way to use the old one....

eThuz 07-22-10 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaidian (Post 199374)
I'd love to be able to find a way to use the old one....

If anyone's on the old one still, post the URL, hopefully it's just that simple

(*cough need up to 429 :P*)

nightcracker 07-22-10 10:44 AM

Yeah same issue here :( great to know its not that somebody has stolen mah key or something :p

Kaidian 07-22-10 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eThuz (Post 199375)
If anyone's on the old one still, post the URL, hopefully it's just that simple

(*cough need up to 429 :P*)

Nope, the new one uses the old one's urls

akgis 07-22-10 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 199373)
Don't know akgis, didn't ask right now, more worried about getting the existing ones working.

Alright thanks for the info, maybe blizzard can send more keys while getting this and future ones working just a tough.

Longarms 07-22-10 10:46 AM

:eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezarra (Post 199075)
This is all my fault. I should never have put myself into the queue. Blizzard hates me, and is punishing all of you just to keep me from having a beta key.

Perhaps this is the issue...

Elhana 07-22-10 10:48 AM

Btw my ptr "account" now shows up on eu battlenet, so they are doing something.

mwblythe 07-22-10 10:48 AM

Also having trouble with my beta key in the US, going through the new Battle.net. Getting the same error:

"The key you entered is not for a game license. This key can be redeemed on the code redemption page."

Thanks for all your hard work on this Cairenn, I'm sure it's stressful for you guys to have 200+ people depending on you to make something happen :) Hopefully Blizzard won't take another week to resolve this latest hiccup.

MysticalOS 07-22-10 10:49 AM

sending out keys the same day you launch an untested new site to use them on. of all days to roll the new bnet out. :(

Kaidian 07-22-10 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticalOS (Post 199382)
sending out keys the same day you launch an untested new site to use them on. of all days to roll the new bnet out. :(

Indeed. If they just roll back the old one.....

Krevlorn 07-22-10 10:55 AM

Thank you Cairenn and WoWUI! I am so excited! :banana::banana::banana:

FYI, I am in the US and getting the same error as our EU counterparts on the new version of the battle.net site. I won't be home till late so I figure it'll be fixed by then though. :cool: