WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33892)

Wimpface 09-04-10 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhaquo (Post 204946)
same here (eu) havent been able to copy yet :(

From the people I've spoken to, all EU, none of them seem to be able to copy characters over.

It'll get fixed eventually, I'm loving my Worgen and my Goblin until level 4 when I have to grind if I want to get further. :)

ricks322 09-04-10 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wimpface (Post 205021)
It'll get fixed eventually, I'm loving my Worgen and my Goblin until level 4 when I have to grind if I want to get further. :)

I was lvl 11 or 12 on both of those before I got out of the starting area/story.

taurouset 09-04-10 03:25 PM

I hope it gets fixed, I just saw the camouflage mechanic, and it is OMGEPICBBQ worthy.

Everglow 09-04-10 03:44 PM

re: I <3 WoWI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everglow (Post 204908)
Thank you all for setting up this beta key giveaway :)
I have downloaded the installer, and I started the install. I was just wondering if there is a way to pause, or suspend the installation and resume it later. I have a raid tonight in about 2 hrs, and I estimate the install is going to take about 2 and a half (judging by the progress bar) The only button is STOP. I tried it at 5%, and when I relaunched the installer It went back to the beginning :(

I read somewhere in here that it is good at continuing where it left off.

edit: running Windows 7

I found nothing to indicate there was a way to interrupt and resume the initial client download/install, but the updater is excellent, I has a good progress bar that let's you see clearly where you are in the process. If you play the game the updater shuts itself down, or you can exit it yourself. When you restart it resumes right where it left off.

Thanks again WoWI, I appreciate the work you put into making the game more enjoyable for all of us.

Ketho 09-04-10 05:30 PM

Quote:

# [Edit] Keys for Tracking numbers #000565 - #000727 assigned (3 Sept)
Oh lol I was no. #727.
Quote:

Damn am I a lucky bastard

Wimpface 09-04-10 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricks322 (Post 205025)
I was lvl 11 or 12 on both of those before I got out of the starting area/story.

Worgen gets out fine, a quest is bugged for the Goblins and it's the one that gets you to level 5 as far as I know.
You can grind past it without problems, but then you don't get to experience the starting area properly.

Everglow 09-05-10 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wimpface (Post 205085)
Worgen gets out fine, a quest is bugged for the Goblins and it's the one that gets you to level 5 as far as I know.
You can grind past it without problems, but then you don't get to experience the starting area properly.

There are some mobs you can grind for xp, but you cannot leave the starting area, or quest further. The bugged quest is Life Of The Party.

cannadrys 09-05-10 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketho (Post 205052)
Oh lol I was no. #727.

Damn am I a lucky bastard

Lucky you. :banana:

I'm 755, hoping to get in so I can do some more testing and feature adds on my holy power / retribution rotation helper mod.

These assclown beta key scammers that just make like 5 line of code addons need to GTFO.

mLs 09-06-10 07:46 AM

copy problems

From Shammoz, English MVP:

Quote:

Update 06/09/2010

A Blue from the US has confirmed that they also cannot copy characters. The character I copied on Friday evening which resulted in "Success" actually has not shown up on the Beta Realm. The issue is being looked into, but today is a Public Holiday in the US and as such an answer/solution may not be forthcoming today. In the meantime, I would suggest you create level 1's and test the new starting zones, all the quests have changed and of course there are two completely new zones / races to try (and they are epic in my opinion!)

Oh and thanks a million for the beta key WoWInterface :3

eThuz 09-07-10 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mLs (Post 205255)

Don't test the Goblins yet, the Vehicle interface bug is a showstopper at level 4

Shammoz 09-08-10 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mLs (Post 205255)

OMG, is there no such thing as privacy? RealID was abandoned you know! :D

:banana:

Kaidian 09-08-10 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shammoz (Post 205541)
OMG, is there no such thing as privacy? RealID was abandoned you know! :D

:banana:

Hahaha ^^ Good old Shammoz :D

Shammoz 09-08-10 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaidian (Post 205542)
Hahaha ^^ Good old Shammoz :D

To quote Star Trek DS9:-

"You are too late, we are everywhere"

:D

Kaidian 09-08-10 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shammoz (Post 205543)
To quote Star Trek DS9:-

"You are too late, we are everywhere"

:D

Oh noes! Its The Drake™

*hides*

melchior5387 09-09-10 10:12 AM

Hi, I have the tracking number #702, thank you for the key but it seems it is not a valid for me :( , when I want to use it I have an error

what can I do ? thank you

edit : I can download now I don't know why it didn't work thank you very much

Olorin 09-12-10 05:06 AM

Just a quick note to say thanks for the efforts made by the crew at wowinterface for arranging this opportunity to test and prepare our addons for cataclysm as well as providing high-quality moderated forums im sure takes more effort than most including myself realise.

Kind regards,

Olorin

Caldar 09-24-10 05:27 PM

More keys went out, though the front page hasn't been updated. If you were waiting, check your status.

cannadrys 09-25-10 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olorin (Post 205898)
Just a quick note to say thanks for the efforts made by the crew at wowinterface for arranging this opportunity to test and prepare our addons for cataclysm as well as providing high-quality moderated forums im sure takes more effort than most including myself realise.

^thanks as well

Thortok2000 10-05-10 09:09 AM

Just signed up. Not sure if my addon counts because it was made by someone else who no longer supports it and officially allowed me to take over. But if it counts, awesome. ^_^ I'd really like to help get the addons working ASAP.

asd 10-14-10 01:42 PM

Wholeheartedly agreed. I have joined years ago, but decided to start making addons a few months ago.Seeing we are developing a very large and complex addon, and Cataclysm is drawing near, I pray the next batch will come soon, for we have really no other way to update our in-progress addon.

I wonder what they're waiting for though. A new wave, or around 100~ addon authors that are waiting? (seems like 80 are waiting so far.)

Edit: It appears that nearly a month ago more keys went out. So good, it seems it was simply the main page that wasn't updated. Hope I would have time by the time it is updated!