WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33892)

Cairenn 07-14-10 08:02 AM

Dealing with them. They are all judgment calls, which we discuss with each other when we aren't sure. Keep on reporting them though. :)

Xruptor 07-14-10 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 197673)
Dealing with them. They are all judgment calls, which we discuss with each other when we aren't sure. Keep on reporting them though. :)

you Cairenn!

Slakah 07-14-10 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xruptor (Post 197668)
Seems to be a lot of single click red button addons lately >.>

It's funny how they all have exactly the same XML layout, very odd indeed.

voodoodad 07-14-10 09:22 AM

Personally, I am withholding my amazing actionbar/auto-macro/minimap/questlog/uf/everything else I can think of addon, as I feel it would be unfair to overshadow all the existing addon authors.

You should thank me...

no, really..

Cairenn 07-14-10 09:33 AM

Just spoke with Blizzard. They plan on sending us another batch of keys on Friday, so as long as nothing changes, we should be giving out some more keys then.

Icecoldcoke 07-14-10 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 197692)
Just spoke with Blizzard. They plan on sending us another batch of keys on Friday, so as long as nothing changes, we should be giving out some more keys then.

Thanks for the update!

henrik_s 07-14-10 09:50 AM

Hi.

Do you accept compilations containing addons written by the uploader?

Cairenn 07-14-10 09:56 AM

It would depend on the addon.

henrik_s 07-14-10 10:02 AM

Alright, thanks for the speedy reply. Taking my chances then : ]

Petrah 07-14-10 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 197689)
Personally, I am withholding my amazing actionbar/auto-macro/minimap/questlog/uf/everything else I can think of addon, as I feel it would be unfair to overshadow all the existing addon authors.

You should thank me...

no, really..

!

<3 you Voo :p

AtliThor 07-14-10 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slakah (Post 197687)
It's funny how they all have exactly the same XML layout, very odd indeed.

Once you've seen one XML layout... :D

Most of my XML was generated by either the WoW UI Designer or Eclipse, so I suspect it looks an awful lot like XML from a lot of other authors. (Granted, there is a LOT more of it than a single red button.)

... just saying :)

dranik2 07-14-10 12:28 PM

give me a key plz :o

tukz 07-14-10 01:36 PM

Nice to see Cairenn giving beta keys again as in all previous beta. Have fun guys having a key but don't be too happy yet... servers are currently unplayable since yesterday. Lastest patch seem to be unstable.

Well.. see you in the beta!

And great job as always Cairenn.

miros 07-14-10 01:50 PM

/sit
/wait for 256
/tar Cairenn
/grin

Jamash 07-14-10 11:29 PM

I just created a US PvE (Lost Isles) Horde guild named <Lewd On Demand>, send an in-game tell or mail to Stirenjalav to get a guild invite.

Currently, the guild UI is broken, so I can't promote people or do much of anything with ranks or permissions.

smb 07-15-10 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamash (Post 197891)
Currently, the guild UI is broken, so I can't promote people or do much of anything with ranks or permissions.

Try /gpromote then

Cladhaire 07-15-10 07:19 AM

If you are going to upload an addon, please do not waste my time. I do not care how long an addon has existed before you uploaded it, because frankly it doesn't matter. Your addon description should not be a misdirected comment about why you should get a beta key for an addon, and instead should be a description of the addon.

You will not convince me.

Shadowkith 07-15-10 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cladhaire (Post 197968)
If you are going to upload an addon, please do not waste my time. I do not care how long an addon has existed before you uploaded it, because frankly it doesn't matter. Your addon description should not be a misdirected comment about why you should get a beta key for an addon, and instead should be a description of the addon.

You will not convince me.

Some people actually did that? Lol...

Heres a question I have. Looks like in the first batch of keys that went out there were around 200. Do you think we can see that many come tmorrow?

Cairenn 07-15-10 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowkith (Post 198001)
Some people actually did that? Lol...

Heres a question I have. Looks like in the first batch of keys that went out there were around 200. Do you think we can see that many come tmorrow?

You have NO idea .... /growl

Hoping to see that many, yes. :)

Shadowkith 07-15-10 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 198006)
You have NO idea .... /growl

Hoping to see that many, yes. :)

Wow... I mean yesterday my first update to my addon was just a toc update becasue it was still compatible with everything i jsut havent updated it in forever. then i posted 2 new updates on it later in the day fully givin it new data. Im not bad am I :)... lol... Kool so i should see my in tomorrow?