WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33892)

Cairenn 07-12-10 02:48 PM

Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away!

WoWInterface is proud to announce that we are offering Cataclysm Beta Invites to all our active, registered AddOn authors!

Who loves ya baby? Okay, maybe love is too uncomfortable a word. Who takes care of ya baby? We do! Another massive Beta key give-away for AddOn authors, this time for the upcoming expansion Cataclysm™!

This is not a contest! Whether using US or EU client, if you are an AddOn author that hosts with us and you have been keeping your AddOns current, you are eligible for a key!

Once they have been enabled and you get the chance to get your AddOn ready for beta testing in the expansion, upload it to our Cataclysm Beta download category and then be sure to check back in our Cataclysm Beta forum for possible feedback.

Rules:
  • You must have an active World of Warcraft account.
  • You must be an addon author with one or more files on the site that are current to 3.3.x (Plugins/Patches, Compilations & "Hello world" or its equivalent do not count).
  • One key per author. Blizzard will check to make sure you aren't getting multiple keys, so don't try to scam.
  • Your WoWInterface account must be registered to a valid email address.
  • Do not upload addons that are not your own. Anyone caught uploading someone else's work will be banned from the site. All AddOns submitted are manually checked.
  • Blizzard and WoWInterface reserve the right to deny anyone a key.
  • Must have a WoWInterface account registered before 7/12/2010. *New
    Read post explaining the decision to add this requirement.
Your Beta Key will be shown under your tracking number on the sign up confirmation page as we receive keys from Blizzard so please check back often! We will post news on our community page regarding what range of tracking ID's have been assigned keys. You will not be contacted when your key is assigned.

Again, don't forget to make use of our Cataclysm Beta download category and Cataclysm Beta forum!
  • [Edit] Keys for Tracking numbers #000565 - #000727 assigned (3 Sept)
  • [Edit] Keys for Tracking numbers #000412 - #000564 assigned (21 Aug)
  • [Edit] Keys for Tracking numbers #000199 - #000408 assigned (22 July)
  • [Edit] Another 48 keys handed out. Tracking numbers #000151 - #000198
  • [Edit] Another 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000101 - #000150
  • [Edit] Next 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000051 - #000100
  • [Edit] First 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000001 - #000050
Cataclysm Beta Author guilds

US PvE
Alliance: <Secure Hookers>
Horde: <Lewd On Demand>

EU PvE
Alliance: <Secure Hookers>
Horde: <Garbage Collectors>

Shadowed 07-12-10 03:02 PM

Guild permissions are broken right now, so only the leader can invite fyi.

Also no first for you Lunessa.

Haleth 07-12-10 03:02 PM

Could this also apply to interface authors? I'm not flagged as an 'addon author', but updating a custom interface is a lot of work. :)

Lothay 07-12-10 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowed (Post 197116)
Guild permissions are broken right now, so only the leader can invite fyi.

Also no first for you Lunessa.

You know you love me.

Cairenn 07-12-10 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haleth (Post 197117)
Could this also apply to interface authors? I'm not flagged as an 'addon author', but updating a custom interface is a lot of work. :)

If by custom interface you mean a compilation, you've already been answered:

Quote:

• You must be an addon author with one or more files on the site that are current to 3.3.x (Plugins/Patches, Compilations & "Hello world" or its equivalent do not count).

Haleth 07-12-10 03:05 PM

Awh, okay. Shame. :p

Nevcairiel 07-12-10 03:05 PM

'bout time! :p

Just kiddin, thanks alot for all the efforts!

/me hugs Cairenn

Seerah 07-12-10 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haleth (Post 197120)
Awh, okay. Shame. :p

You can't do your work until the addon authors do theirs anyhow. :p

Drauer 07-12-10 03:06 PM

We indeed love you, Cairenn :P

To do:
- quick finish bugfixes/feature requests for existing addons
- prepare for Beta and rewriting!

Seerah 07-12-10 03:11 PM

I would like to remind people that at this point in time, addons are *disabled* on the beta. The UI Team would like *their* addons tested and finished a bit before throwing it to the wolves (ie, us authors).

But, you can still test their UI changes and test the content! :D Tons'o'fun will be had by all, I assure you. :) If anyone would like an invite to the author guild, Secure Hookers, on the US-PVE server then send a tell to anyone online in the guild.

And we will post in this thread when addons are again enabled on the Beta client.

Haleth 07-12-10 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 197122)
You can't do your work until the addon authors do theirs anyhow. :p

Well, I mostly update the addons I use by myself because they are all custom. I have my own oUF layout included too as well as a few scripts of my own in the core.

But I understand your decission.

Cralor 07-12-10 03:25 PM

An oUF layout would be considered an AddOn. You are most likely not triggered because you have not uploaded your layout as a specific AddOn.

Haleth 07-12-10 03:26 PM

Oh, true. I might upload it seperately then - I planned to anyways, seeing as I got the request from a few people. :)

foxmaiden 07-12-10 03:30 PM

Can I have an invite if I send you guys 10$? >_>

Slakah 07-12-10 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 197124)
I would like to remind people that at this point in time, addons are *disabled* on the beta. The UI Team would like *their* addons tested and finished a bit before throwing it to the wolves (ie, us authors).

Fantastic, this will hopefully mean more development of McRun Macros.

Cairenn 07-12-10 04:10 PM

First 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000001 - #000050. Go get your key and start downloading! :)

Haleth 07-12-10 04:13 PM

I got mine. I love you, WoWI.

yssaril 07-12-10 04:15 PM

WOW that was fast thanks Cairenn
:banana::banana::banana:

Disorion 07-12-10 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 197133)
First 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000001 - #000050. Go get your key and start downloading! :)

Damn! #55 lol
Any idea how fast each wave will come out?
Btw thanks for this!

Shadowed 07-12-10 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disorion (Post 197138)
Damn! #55 lol
Any idea how fast each wave will come out?
Btw thanks for this!

We're (or Dolby more accurately) is doing batches of 50 right now.

mankeluvsit 07-12-10 04:29 PM

inc wall of addons. ---->

Xrystal 07-12-10 04:56 PM

I assume the fact they've given you and I assume curse these keys that they are getting close to adding the addon side of things to the beta ?

ravagernl 07-12-10 05:00 PM

Just love this, happened with TBC and now again. Thank you Blizzard and WOWI for this opportunity to test and bugfix our AddOns!

Aalwein 07-12-10 05:28 PM

Ok, authors, I expect all my addons to work upon launch of Cataclysm. You can blame Cairenn for these expectations! If any addons fail to work, there will be tar-ings, feather-ings, and pies-in-the-face!

I'm kidding, of course; I think it's awesome that Cairenn (or whomever at WoWInterface) managed to get our great authors in on this deal! Good luck with the compatibility changes!

Sythalin 07-12-10 05:29 PM

You guys are awesome. It's moments like this that make me proud to host my addons here. :)

neverg 07-12-10 05:30 PM

Awesome, Ticket 89! :]

Thanks WoWInterface for this opportunity. I created a Portuguese WoW / MMO Website in Portuguese (Massivo.net) and this comes in handy too so I can report news, take screenshots, etc. :)

Regarding addons, will we be able to upload cataclysm versions of our addons to WoWinterface and how will that work? (if it will).

I knew when I chose WoWInterface that this was the best place to host my addons! ^^

Sythalin 07-12-10 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverg (Post 197158)
Regarding addons, will we be able to upload cataclysm versions of our addons to WoWinterface and how will that work? (if it will).

If it's anything like the previous expansions, authors will find a checkbox to show that their addon is "Cataclysm compatible".

Selina 07-12-10 06:07 PM

Hmm, maybe I missed something, but is there no option to denote whether one plays on eu or us realms this time around ?

Just asking because the Wotlk beta keys for addon authors were seperated into US and EU keys.

Shadowed 07-12-10 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverg (Post 197158)
Awesome, Ticket 89! :]

Thanks WoWInterface for this opportunity. I created a Portuguese WoW / MMO Website in Portuguese (Massivo.net) and this comes in handy too so I can report news, take screenshots, etc. :)

I knew when I chose WoWInterface that this was the best place to host my addons! ^^

Yup, you can already upload to our Cataclysm category, although that won't do you much good right now with addons being disabled.

Dolby 07-12-10 06:11 PM

We were told it does not matter.

Next 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000051 - #000100

Xrystal 07-12-10 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selina (Post 197160)
Hmm, maybe I missed something, but is there no option to denote whether one plays on eu or us realms this time around ?

Just asking because the Wotlk beta keys for addon authors were seperated into US and EU keys.

Mine seemed to work on the US server just fine I just had to change the language from English (EU) to English (US). I think where BattleNet is locale ignorant so to speak that you can log into your account and just switch to EU or US and transfer your characters that way. When I had it on EU it showed I had no characters. But on US I have several.

Sythalin 07-12-10 06:35 PM

What I'm amazed by at this point is the sudden jump in updated/new addons since this announcement, including some I've only seen released on Curse/WoWace.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!! :p

yj589794 07-12-10 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosInc (Post 197165)
What I'm amazed by at this point is the sudden jump in updated/new addons since this announcement, including some I've only seen released on Curse/WoWace.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!! :p

You might be right on that one.

I only hope that those addons added to the site are kept up to date. Having to check here and on curse to find the latest version is a pain.

Selina 07-12-10 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 197163)
Mine seemed to work on the US server just fine I just had to change the language from English (EU) to English (US). I think where BattleNet is locale ignorant so to speak that you can log into your account and just switch to EU or US and transfer your characters that way. When I had it on EU it showed I had no characters. But on US I have several.

Thanks for the information. So I just add the key like I would a new game and then can transfer characters from one of my live accounts or do I have to choose which one I want to upgrade ? (To clarify I got two WoW Accounts on my battle.net ID)

Seerah 07-12-10 06:51 PM

I'm not entirely sure on that one (I just have one account). The instructions on Battle.net should be able to tell you what to do, though. :)

Lothay 07-12-10 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selina (Post 197170)
Thanks for the information. So I just add the key like I would a new game and then can transfer characters from one of my live accounts or do I have to choose which one I want to upgrade ? (To clarify I got two WoW Accounts on my battle.net ID)

I have two WoW accounts linked to one battle.net account. I was able to freely add characters from either WoW account to my WoW Beta account.

Selina 07-12-10 07:43 PM

Thank you for your help Lothay and many thanks to Cairenn and the rest of WoWInterface for making this possible. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Si_ 07-12-10 07:51 PM

I seem to remember for the WotLK beta anyone with a mod in the mini games/ROFL type category didnt get access to a key until they requested it or something, I seem to remember having to do something extra to get my key.

Is this the case this time around as it says I am not eligible

Duugu 07-12-10 07:56 PM

You really take care of me. Thanks a lot for this. :D

Dolby 07-12-10 08:00 PM

Yes, send me a PM Si_ with a link to your latest AddOn and I'll enter you if its more than a few lines of code. :)

Bluspacecow 07-12-10 09:28 PM

Tracking ID # 000132

I'm wondering if I'm really eligible for this. Just in case I missed out I've applied anyway.

The file I maintain is really just a list of /script Playsound macro commands ...... for every sound in the game. 21,074 of them in all.

I've kept it updated for every patch that comes out , doing a re-extraction of the MPQ files each time a patch hit and revising it as need be as a friend of mine finds out things wrong with my upload.

It's gotten a fair amount of downloads and is on 66 people's favourites list. I'm just wondering if it counts.

It's okay if you say no - I understand that my place could better be taken by someone more deserving. I'll put myself in the queue and if you guys say I don't count you're welcome to remove me :)

If I get I suppose I could try doing a re-extraction of the MPQ files on it. Or maybe I could look into any Data folder side changes and do some work in there somehow.

Cairenn 07-12-10 09:29 PM

Blu, see your PMs. :)

brotherhobbes 07-12-10 09:38 PM

Wow! That was fast! Already have a beta key and Cata is installing. Thank you SO much everyone at WoW Interface. You folks have helped out every expansion beta and have come through every single time.

Question: I had read that addons were initially not allowed to be used to encourage testers to try out changes to the default UI. Has this changed?

Cralor 07-12-10 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brotherhobbes (Post 197206)
Wow! That was fast! Already have a beta key and Cata is installing. Thank you SO much everyone at WoW Interface. You folks have helped out every expansion beta and have come through every single time.

Question: I had read that addons were initially not allowed to be used to encourage testers to try out changes to the default UI. Has this changed?

No that hasn't changed. Just test out everything in general at this point. ;)

voodoodad 07-12-10 11:41 PM

Gosh! There must've been at least 100 new addons uploaded in the last few hours! Hmmm, why would that be?... :D

Si_ 07-12-10 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 197219)
Gosh! There must've been at least 100 new addons uploaded in the last few hours! Hmmm, why would that be?... :D

It's totally a conspiracy!!

voodoodad 07-13-10 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si_ (Post 197221)
It's totally a conspiracy!!

Conspiracy it might be, but there's some interesting new ones out there nonetheless.:D

Dolby 07-13-10 12:25 AM

Another 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000101 - #000150

ricks322 07-13-10 12:37 AM

This has made me rethink about the addons that I have been planning / working on. I have had a few in mind, but was going to hold off till Cataclysm before releasing them since there will most likley be massive changes. (I have only been using them myself.)

Xrystal 07-13-10 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 197219)

rofl, and weren't you thinking several months back about writing an addon yourself ? huh huh rofl

Bl4ckSh33p 07-13-10 01:06 AM

Thank you!

OMG! Thank you very much! I love you WoWInterface Team and all of its members! :eek::banana:

Hegarol 07-13-10 01:10 AM

Thanks guys. You are awesome.

Installing right now :)

Giloran 07-13-10 01:10 AM

This is so incredibly awesome, thanks a lot WOWI : )

Darwinia 07-13-10 02:08 AM

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for making this available to us once again!

Bl4ckSh33p 07-13-10 02:14 AM

It's patching! W00t! :banana:
The new installer is nice, downloading & installing at the same time. :)

svar 07-13-10 02:16 AM

To bad I dont know a thing about coding :(

MidgetMage55 07-13-10 02:22 AM

I'll savor the mystery of upcoming content. :D

Bl4ckSh33p 07-13-10 02:31 AM

oh btw: it seems it is working without an active subscription so far! I could add the betakey and copy chars but my sub expired a few days ago. :)

Cairenn 07-13-10 02:33 AM

You'll need an active account in order to actually play, though.

Bl4ckSh33p 07-13-10 02:43 AM

That's bad. So I have to pay for the beta. :(
Live Realm is boring... there is enough left to do (loremaster, ulduar drakes achievements and so much more) but I have seen it with so many chars its just not fun to get the Loremaster title. :rolleyes: