WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Routes Alternitive? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52218)

Jynks 04-20-15 12:26 AM

Routes Alternitive?

So I used to use ROUTES + GATHERMATE.. but it looks like it is broken?

http://www.wowace.com/addons/routes/

Last update was in 2011... and now it no longer seams to work. Gathermate 2 seams ok so far.

Anyone got a alternative to routes? It is an awesome plugin.

Torhal 04-20-15 01:59 AM

Not sure what you mean by "2011" - the latest release was on Feb 02, 2015. From the page you linked, click the files tab and it's the very first entry.

Jynks 04-20-15 06:09 PM

hehe, the change log on that page says 2011. Anyway, it doesn't work.. dose anyone know of a alternative?

jeffy162 04-20-15 06:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, you obviously didn't look at, or read the pages that are there. I got these screen shots in about 5 minutes, and I don't use or look at "Routes".
Attachment 8572 Attachment 8573 Attachment 8574
By-the-way, you were there, why didn't you file a ticket if it doesn't work?

Torhal 04-20-15 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jynks (Post 308326)
hehe, the change log on that page says 2011. Anyway, it doesn't work.. dose anyone know of a alternative?

How is it not working? It works perfectly fine for me. You have to go into the options and add the routes you want per zone. Then, using the keybindings, you activate (or deactivate) the route.

10leej 04-21-15 12:27 AM

OP are you sure it's Routes you downloaded?

Did you click through the pages till you saw a file download called routes from 2008? Cause thats not what you do.

Did you actually download routes from wowace/curseforge/curse and not some other site?

Can you explain how routes is not working?

BTW there's no real alternative for routes

jeffy162 04-21-15 07:00 AM

Except, maybe, Carbonite. But, I understand there might be a problem with it when you try to route your herbs or whatever. I never had a problem with it, but I rarely route anything. (If you're going to try Carbonite, make sure you install at least Carbonite Maps. Carbonite is modular and Carbonite Maps is the MAIN module.)

Talyrius 04-21-15 09:31 AM

The newest version of Routes definitely works.

One of the project authors should remove those old changelogs from the main page, because their placement there can only serve to cause confusion. Those of whom that are inclined to read changelogs already know where to find them.

Edit:
Torhal removed them.

Jynks 04-30-15 07:19 PM

Thanks guys.. I got it working.. Just the one auto installed form here didn't work. I deleted it and manually installed from wowace and it seamed to work fine now.

myrroddin 04-30-15 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jynks (Post 308522)
Thanks guys.. I got it working.. Just the one auto installed form here didn't work. I deleted it and manually installed from wowace and it seamed to work fine now.

When you say "auto installed" I assume you are using the Curse Client.

In the Client, RIGHT click any AddOn and a menu opens. One of the options is preferred release type. Select Beta rather than Release. The Client always defaults to Release versions. If that still doesn't work, do it again and select Alpha.

Unless you know exactly what you are doing, never jump straight to Alpha, unless there is no Beta alternative.

myrroddin 04-30-15 08:21 PM

Of course, in Routes' case, you do not need to do the trick listed above in the Curse Client, as the latest version is Release. How you managed to download and install an ancient version is quite the conundrum. As pointed out above, you would have had to purposely search for an older version, which makes zero sense.

jeruku 04-30-15 08:40 PM

myrroddin, I believe they used Minion to download Routes from here on WoW Interface.

myrroddin 05-01-15 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeruku (Post 308527)
myrroddin, I believe they used Minion to download Routes from here on WoW Interface.

Ah, that makes sense now.