WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Satrina and Buttonfacade (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33212)

Aarokh 06-16-10 03:39 AM

Satrina and Buttonfacade

Hello there, I know about the issue with the official SBF Release not being compatible with the current Buttonfacade release, but especially after going through the screenshots in "Post your UI" the question comes up. How do you guys skin SBF? Do you go down a few releases and use "outdated" versions of SBF and BF? Or am I just missing something like a beta version of SBF?
I tried searching the forums for this whole issue, but I never really found any answers.

Thank you in advance!

Ferous 06-16-10 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aarokh (Post 192393)
Hello there, I know about the issue with the official SBF Release not being compatible with the current Buttonfacade release, but especially after going through the screenshots in "Post your UI" the question comes up. How do you guys skin SBF? Do you go down a few releases and use "outdated" versions of SBF and BF? Or am I just missing something like a beta version of SBF?
I tried searching the forums for this whole issue, but I never really found any answers.

Thank you in advance!

The official release does work with ButtonFacade. It just doesn't skin properly on skins that are different color tones within the skin, unless its solid. If the skin is solid, it's fine.

I don't know why you think that it doesn't work with ButtonFacade :) Unless you're talking about something else and I'm missing it entirely.

Maximillianm 06-16-10 03:46 AM

Um, I'm not sure why you think so but I am using the most current SBF and am skinning it successfully with the most current BF as well. There is an option to not use BF, but it is unchecked by default. You can always go into the Global Options just to make sure. Skinning has to be done through BF and not in SBf.

Aarokh 06-16-10 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximillianm (Post 192396)
Skinning has to be done through BF and not in SBf.

Yes, I was trying to find the options to skin SBF in the BF options, but whenever I check the list of supported addons it only shows Outfitter and Bartender4 on the list and not Satrina Buff Frames. This and the announcement in the current Known Issues on the SBF site (ButtonFacade doesn't work right (scheduled fix: 3.1.21)) led me to believe that it's completely broken currently.

I will deactivate all addons except for the two to double check when I am back home. Maybe that will help.

Aarokh 06-16-10 11:51 AM

Okay I double checked now, and there is still no option inside Buttonfacade to skin SBF. Only Acherus, Bartender4, Outfitter.

Maybe because of the german client? I disabled every other plugin but those two and they still downt want to interact

Starinnia 06-16-10 12:07 PM

I think that you are using the Alpha version of ButtonFacade.

The last release was 3.3.301 (from December of 2009) and the latest alpha is r311 (from today).

Release of BF + SBF = working. Alpha + SBF = broken unless you change a few lines in SBF.

Aarokh 06-16-10 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starinnia (Post 192481)
I think that you are using the Alpha version of ButtonFacade.

The last release was 3.3.301 (from December of 2009) and the latest alpha is r311 (from today).

Release of BF + SBF = working. Alpha + SBF = broken unless you change a few lines in SBF.

Alright, I guess this is the reason, I always used the curse updater and just checked that Buttonfacade is set to alpha releases and now it works. Thank you ^^

Farook 06-21-10 09:52 PM

So do I understand it right that something in BF's latest alpha versions has to be changed in order to make it work again with the latest SBF-release? Not the other way around?

The latest updates from Ace.com do skin some addons as intended (eg. Bartender4), but some do not show up at all (SBF is just one of them).

Quote:

Alpha + SBF = broken unless you change a few lines in SBF.
Do you know what exactely has to be changed?

Starinnia 06-21-10 10:13 PM

Change line 3 of SBFButtonFacade.lua from:
Code:

if IsAddOnLoaded("ButtonFacade") and (ButtonFacade ~= nil) then
to
Code:

if IsAddOnLoaded("ButtonFacade") then

Farook 06-21-10 10:28 PM

I'll try it as soon as I'm at home.

Big thanks!