WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Community Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Rift - pretty interesting (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39928)

Solgath 05-01-11 12:42 AM

Rift - pretty interesting

heya all, not WoW related so i thought i would put this here, i recently pick up Rift, mate gave me a CE copy, and i started playing only got a few chars, but i gotta say, it has future i think, the public groups system is useful very much so when questing and doing world rift events, pvp, eh its the same as WoW, u win some u lose some, the story is brilliant, and the zones, so far that i have seen are very nice.

if anyone else has played or want to offer some ops or whatever i'm interested lol

tinyu 05-01-11 12:59 AM

The Chit-Chat thread is used for anything not WoW releated.

Solgath 05-01-11 02:51 AM

guess so, but i felt it would be nice to share it with the fantastic nUI community. thats all, guess i'll take my rift some where else then *walks off in a huff*

Seer 05-01-11 04:41 AM

Played several of the beta's, and a few weeks when it went live.

It's not a bad game, but it just didn't keep me interested. So canceled the sub before the free month was done.

Everybody who wants to try a new MMO out, give it a shot. Felt/played better then AoC and Aion imho.

spiel2001 05-01-11 08:48 AM

Yeah... I tried Aion and just wasn't impressed. Haven't tried Rift yet. When push comes to shove, I just like WoW's game engine.

And Solgath... I have no problem with you bringing that up here... it's kinda what this forum is for... nUI users who want to talk about things not directly related to either nUI or WoW, so it's all good.

Xrystal 05-03-11 02:48 PM

Played Aion myself for a few months. Wasn't so bad but enforced pvp is not my cup of tea.

Was in the Rift Beta and it ddn't look too bad but I barely have time for WoW nowadays so decided to stick with wow seeing as I have all these addons to play with.

Seer 05-03-11 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 236476)
Was in the Rift Beta and it ddn't look too bad but I barely have time for WoW nowadays so decided to stick with wow seeing as I have all these addons to play with.

As if we would ever let you go. again.
:D

Xrystal 05-03-11 03:43 PM

Rofl. I feel so wanted .. haha.

Solgath 05-04-11 07:33 AM

tbh its nice to have a break from WoW every so often, after a while the ANAL jokes get stupid, and some of the community on my server, not all, are morons and can get really tedious, going on 5 almost 6 years now for me. change of scenery is in order :)

Seer 05-04-11 09:34 AM

Maybe, but playing another mmo cause you want to take a break from another seems a bit counter productive :-p Esp if they're both in a fantasy setting.

Besides, there was a lot of WoW chat in Rift (and in AoC and Aion and..)..

I'll wait for Star Wars, see if that will keep me interested longer then a few weeks. But must admit I'm getting less and less impressed with that after watching the newer movies..