WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Not responding (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22685)

Ráge 04-22-09 05:31 AM

Not responding

Can some one advise me on what to do...

Every time i log in on my main Toon i get the message

World of war craft is not responding last for a few mins and finally i get in
but this seems to happen on every loading screen ?

Note my main is the only one with this problem my two other chars are unaffected by this !

Yes i have tried the repair tool as well as Re-installing the game...

Thanks in advance !

Donnaterassi 04-22-09 05:40 AM

Where is your toon stuck? Dalaran? Welcome to my world. Log onto an alt and open a tix and ask that your main be moved to somewhere else. I set my hearthstone at wyrmrest it costs me two minutes flying versus multiple reboots on patch day.

Petrah 04-22-09 06:27 AM

Delete the Cache folder and temporarily move your Interface and WTF folders to your desktop (they'll be re-created when you log back in). See if you can log in to your main without issue. If so, the culprit is more than likely one of your addons, or one of the files in your mains folder had gotten corrupted.

Fix found here.

Ráge 04-22-09 12:21 PM

No,no guys that's not my problem my main char is not stuck any where.

It's just every loading screen i get a black screen and a wow is not responding message last's a few seconds to a few minutes some time's...

Im able to plat him it's just getting very annoying is all.

On on another note thanks for the info on the other problem i have a freind who's DK was ported to Dalaran and is stuck in an abyss (lol)

I can now advise him :)

Shirik 04-22-09 01:15 PM

Please do what Silenia said. It is very possible that this is the problem, as addons do run during the loading screen.

Eas 04-22-09 04:33 PM

I have seen this problem too. The screen goes black for a little, then sometimes white and if you click on it, it will crash back to desktop. Dunno what does it, most likely some addon, but my computer usually gets past it fairly quickly. Just be patient and it will return to normal.

If your not patient... you could try disabling addons until it does work.

us2006027321 04-24-09 09:50 AM

There's also a good possibility that a lot of the modifications Blizzard made recently to how the video settings are processed and rendered may be playing with your video cards. I would encourage researching the problem on WoW or Blizzard's sites in reference to your video cards if you haven't done that already.

dneice 04-26-09 07:40 PM

wow not responding

yea my pc does that too just started happening with patch day 3.1 anyone find a way to fix it?

Petrah 04-27-09 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dneice (Post 131348)
yea my pc does that too just started happening with patch day 3.1 anyone find a way to fix it?

o.0

extra filler text added