WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Futuristic class colored design (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52951)

MunkDev 12-04-15 06:14 PM

Futuristic class colored design

Some time ago I designed some edgefiles and backdrops for the lulz. Was browsing through the interface files and in BlizzardInterfaceArt\Interface\TALENTFRAME there's a low opacity art piece for every spec in the game. I've looked everywhere but could not find what these are used for, if at all?
So I decided to have some fun with it and I kinda liked the result. Can you guess the spec?

Ketho 12-04-15 06:50 PM

That's a lot of eye for detail, it sure looks nice :)

I have a hard time guessing which specs they are though :s

MunkDev 12-05-15 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketho (Post 312154)
That's a lot of eye for detail, it sure looks nice :)

I have a hard time guessing which specs they are though :s

The graphics are actually pretty simple. It's all a white template colored by RAID_CLASS_COLORS, but I do keep a table of references to the spec graphics, because some of them are not named after the actual spec. For example Windwalker is called "battledancer" in the files. :p

saxitoxin 12-08-15 07:19 AM

Pretty please

Could you please post the code for just the frame?
I guess alot of people will find it very usefull as it looks incredible nice :)

Also you posted this frame on another thread and some models, how did you get the shades on those models? PS or ingame command :confused:

PS: how is the Diablo 3 bag going? Abandoned?

MunkDev 12-08-15 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxitoxin (Post 312204)
Could you please post the code for just the frame?
I guess alot of people will find it very usefull as it looks incredible nice :)

Also you posted this frame on another thread and some models, how did you get the shades on those models? PS or ingame command :confused:

PS: how is the Diablo 3 bag going? Abandoned?

Sure, I'll post it tomorrow. The lighting was done in-game by using class colored effects. These kinds of effects became possible with the changes to lighting in WoD. I used an update script and the mouse cursor to change the relative positioning of the light source and moved it around to achieve that effect. I don't think the functions I used are documented, but I think I have a slight idea of what I did to pull that off.

Diablo bag thing is not something I'm currently working on. I have some ideas for a cool inventory addon but that will have to wait until Legion comes out. It will probably be more towards Warcraft in terms of art, but I wrote a huge ass table of texture coordinates for drawing all the smaller textures in the Diablo thing, which I'm not going to dismiss altogether. :p

saxitoxin 12-08-15 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MunkDev (Post 312217)
Sure, I'll post it tomorrow. The lighting was done in-game by using class colored effects. These kinds of effects became possible with the changes to lighting in WoD. I used an update script and the mouse cursor to change the relative positioning of the light source and moved it around to achieve that effect. I don't think the functions I used are documented, but I think I have a slight idea of what I did to pull that off.

Diablo bag thing is not something I'm currently working on. I have some ideas for a cool inventory addon but that will have to wait until Legion comes out. It will probably be more towards Warcraft in terms of art, but I wrote a huge ass table of texture coordinates for drawing all the smaller textures in the Diablo thing, which I'm not going to dismiss altogether. :p

Thank you for answer, and thank you so much for releasing the code :banana:

The lighting thing sounds really impressive! now I want that too :p
but how did you get the light source, is there no code for that?

sorry for going off topic