WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eepanels Question(Advanced) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18049)

Juggernautt 09-04-08 01:55 PM

Eepanels Question(Advanced)

Hey all. UI designer here and I am a little stumped as I am attempting to expand my horizons and limits on eepanels.

Here is my newly updated 3.0 version(proof) and I have a question.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...gernautUI3.jpg

I want the skulls eyes and mouth to change to a red color(I have made the extra panels for it already) however I do not know the exact process on how to implement it in game. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Juggernautt
US-Jaedenar
<Legacy>
MT

Elloria 09-04-08 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggernautt (Post 101320)
Hey all. UI designer here and I am a little stumped as I am attempting to expand my horizons and limits on eepanels.

Here is my newly updated 3.0 version(proof) and I have a question.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...gernautUI3.jpg

I want the skulls eyes and mouth to change to a red color(I have made the extra panels for it already) however I do not know the exact process on how to implement it in game. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Juggernautt
US-Jaedenar

<Legacy>
MT

The question here is When do you want this to happen? Combat? death? low health? Im not 100% sure on how to go about doing that. but it may help people understand what you are trying to do. and i may be able to fish around for documentation on how to do such a thing

Juggernautt 09-05-08 07:32 AM

When i enter combat I want 2 of my eepanels to change to another eepanel to make it look as if it animates when entering combat. When leaving combat it goes back to my normal UI.

Taffu 09-05-08 09:53 AM

Well, you could add the script to the OnEvent area to check for combat, and either A) Add the panels using a "blend" mode and change the color (or even hidden/shown state) based on combat state or B) Have both panel/image sets aligned the same way and change the state of "panel set A" to hide in combat and "panel set B" show in combat (and vice versa to show/hide alternate).

Juggernautt 09-07-08 09:40 AM

Ok, I got it so I can get 1 to show on entering combat. Now heres the issue. I add the same script to another eepanel and i still only get 1 eepanel to show upon entering combat.

1. I want 2 eepanels to show up at the SAME time upon entering combat. What scripts do i need to add besides the original "show in combat" script?

2. I can get them to show up when the panels are "unlocked" but as soon as I lock them, it goes back to only showing 1 panel upon entering combat.

Seerah 09-07-08 04:25 PM

You can't use the same event in more than one script. You'll have to code in both panels in your script.

Juggernautt 09-07-08 05:06 PM

So how exactly do i do that?

Seerah 09-07-08 05:12 PM

eePanelX:Show()
eePanelX:Show()

(where X is the number of that eePanel)

Juggernautt 09-08-08 07:42 AM

So this would be the code then?

-- Hide the panel so it's not shown until we want it to
eePanelX:Hide()
eePanelY:Hide()
-- Hide panel ooc
function eePanels2:PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED()
end
-- Show panel ic
function eePanels2:PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED()
end
-- Ace2 event listeners; can't do this in more than one script
eePanels2:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED")
eePanels2:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED")

Taffu 09-08-08 08:17 AM

Process the Show/Hide in one script, in one Panel, with one set of listeners. Assuming you use eePanels 1 & 2 for IC, and 3 & 4 for OOC using OnEvent of Panel 1:

Code:

function eePanel1:PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED()
    -- IC Panels
    eePanel1:Hide()
    eePanel2:Hide()
    -- OOC Panels
    eePanel3:Show()
    eePanel4:Show()
end

function eePanel1:PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED()
    -- IC Panels
    eePanel1:Show()
    eePanel2:Show()
    -- OOC Panels
    eePanel3:Hide()
    eePanel4:Hide()
end

eePanel1:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED")
eePanel1:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED")

Juggernautt 09-08-08 08:54 AM

Ah i see now. Thank you very much and get ready for Jugger3.0!!! lol. thanks a bunch everyone!

Juggernautt 09-08-08 03:07 PM

Ok, got an issue now. I got it to work, but everytime i log out and log back in I have to "apply" the script again for it to take. Anyway to fix that?

Juggernautt 09-08-08 03:29 PM

Heres the script i put in.

-- Hide the panel so it's not shown until we want it to
eePanel8:Hide()
eePanel9:Hide()
-- Hide panel ooc
function eePanels2:PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED()
eePanel8:Hide()
eePanel9:Hide()
end
-- Show panel ic
function eePanels2:PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED()
eePanel8:Show()
eePanel9:Show()
end
-- Ace2 event listeners; can't do this in more than one script
eePanels2:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED")
eePanels2:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED")

like i said, after logging out and then back in, eepanel9 shows instead of hiding. once i hit ok on eepanel8 script then the UI works but doesnt save.

Seerah 09-08-08 04:52 PM

Do you have the script in eePanel9? If it's in eePanel8, then it loads before eePanel9 is created.

Juggernautt 09-08-08 04:55 PM

No i have it in eepanel8. does it need to be in 9?

Seerah 09-08-08 05:09 PM

Yes, it does. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 101742)
If it's in eePanel8, then it loads before eePanel9 is created.

Juggernautt 09-08-08 05:43 PM

got it thanks.