WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General WoW Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Transmor----what? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41365)

Ither 09-06-11 09:41 AM

Transmor----what?

OK there is way too much coverage on this dang thing that even I am confused! and that is difficult for a German.

In order to use this gizmo thingy we have to actually "have" the items we want to look like? So if I want to look like the Judgment Paladin I have to go farm the old raids for the gear?

Dridzt 09-06-11 09:55 AM

Correct (*)

* caveat emptor:
depends in part what they decide to offer as transmogrification "props" in the new Darkmoon Faire,
but for the general case "yes".

Haleth 09-06-11 10:33 AM

As far as I know, the limitations are:

- You need to own the item
- You need to be able to equip the item (no tier sets from other classes)
- You cannot use a Legendary item (thanks tinyu)
- The item must have stats
- The item must be the same type as your equipped item (a 2H sword can't change to an axe)
- Some items will be excluded because they look too 'silly', regardless of having stats

tinyu 09-06-11 04:53 PM

also you cannot Transmogrify a item to look like a Legendary and you cannot Transmogrify a Legendary to look like another item (not that you'd want to).

haylie 09-07-11 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyu (Post 244354)
also you cannot Transmogrify a item to look like a Legendary and you cannot Transmogrify a Legendary to look like another item (not that you'd want to).

Not even if you own said Legendary? That sounds a bit unfair.

Haleth 09-07-11 08:17 AM

It sounds fair enough to me. They don't want everyone running off getting old legendaries to look, well, legendary :D

They also mentioned they can easily update the system in the future if they change their mind.

Greevir 09-07-11 08:33 AM

also supposedly you will be able to buy previous tier gear look-a-like sets from the new Darkmoon fair.

ravends33 09-07-11 09:57 AM

I am looking forward to this personally. However There are a few things I am not sure on and cannot seem to find the info, maybe some of you here have seen what I missed..

1: For dual wielding classes, do you have to own X2 of the item you wish to use? EX: I want to trans my two deathblade swords into demonslayer...do I need two demonslayers or just one?

2: Does the item have to have the EXACT stats you are supposed to use? EX Can I trans my tank shield into a cool looking caster shield?

3. AS far as armor type. Can you use lesser armor if you are able to wear it? EX Can I use the Leather Helm (eyepatch from stocks) on my warr?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows these answers=)=)

Haleth 09-07-11 09:59 AM

1. No idea
2. Nope
3. Nope, it has to be the same armour type.

ravends33 09-07-11 10:04 AM

Well damn. I was kinda hoping to rock the eye patch=(, oh well.