WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Is Carbonite Dead or in a Coma? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41221)

Palladia 08-20-11 02:50 PM

Is Carbonite Dead or in a Coma?

Is anyone else worried about the fact that the last time Verttex posted in Carbonite forums was on 7/5 and the last time CarboniteAddon posted was 7/15?

jeffy162 08-20-11 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palladia (Post 243488)
Is anyone else worried about the fact that the last time Verttex posted in Carbonite forums was on 7/5 and the last time CarboniteAddon posted was 7/15?

Of the two (that I am aware of) developers left of the original Carbonite team, faatal (aka: carboniteaddon) and Haavok, the last post I believe was on 8/11/2011 by Haavok. No offense meant towards Verttex, but he's a Carbonite user that also posts here occasionally to help everyone with their Carbonite problems.

I wouldn't go "nailing the lid on the coffin" just yet. "Real Life" has a way of kicking the stuffing out of many addon authors, and those two guys seem to be getting hammered lately.

Updates to Carbonite will, I am sure, come in the same fashion as always: When there is time for them to update it. So, worried? About as much as I am that the sun is going to explode in my lifetime.

Haavok 08-20-11 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palladia (Post 243488)

There has only ever been two of us developing Carbonite: Me & CarboniteAddon. We try to keep it updated and working and we're actually going to be putting out a new release fairly soon with data for Firelands quests and a few other fixes. Unfortunately neither of us have time to actively patrol the forums but we do pop up from time to time :)

Chmee 08-20-11 06:12 PM

You guys are doing a great job, Haavok. Keep doing it! :banana::cool:

Verttex 08-20-11 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 243491)
Of the two (that I am aware of) developers left of the original Carbonite team, faatal (aka: carboniteaddon) and Haavok, the last post I believe was on 8/11/2011 by Haavok. No offense meant towards Verttex, but he's a Carbonite user that also posts here occasionally to help everyone with their Carbonite problems.

I wouldn't go "nailing the lid on the coffin" just yet. "Real Life" has a way of kicking the stuffing out of many addon authors, and those two guys seem to be getting hammered lately.

Updates to Carbonite will, I am sure, come in the same fashion as always: When there is time for them to update it. So, worried? About as much as I am that the sun is going to explode in my lifetime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haavok (Post 243495)
There has only ever been two of us developing Carbonite: Me & CarboniteAddon. We try to keep it updated and working and we're actually going to be putting out a new release fairly soon with data for Firelands quests and a few other fixes. Unfortunately neither of us have time to actively patrol the forums but we do pop up from time to time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chmee (Post 243496)
You guys are doing a great job, Haavok. Keep doing it! :banana::cool:

Yup, me is in no way in relation to the making of the Carbonite addon. Sorry for the confusion.

Palladia 08-20-11 07:25 PM

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the correction.

I appreciate the hard work and how RL interferes. I don't mind waiting as long as I know there's something to wait for. The quick responses give me hope!

gOOvER 08-29-11 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haavok (Post 243495)

Then release Carbonite as GPL and maybe others Community Members will help to fix Bugs and Releases will come more often. ;)

gOOvER 09-02-11 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gOOvER (Post 243935)
Then release Carbonite as GPL and maybe others Community Members will help to fix Bugs and Releases will come more often. ;)

Hmm No Awnser?? But it would be nice. ;) Release Carbonite as GPL or CC. !!!!!

Chmee 09-02-11 10:04 AM

I think Haavok and Faatal should continue to maintain Carbonite. If they want to hold close the code, that's their right.

carboniteaddon 09-02-11 01:13 PM

We have no plans to open up our code, but if we stopped working on it, then we would consider it.