WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   [Suggestion] Favorites added to Minion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23304)

dementesfa 05-06-09 08:46 AM

[Suggestion] Favorites added to Minion

If the Minion requires login, is it possible that the client download the favorite list for addons, previously composed on the website?

This way I will only need to carry Minion on my pendrive, and when playing on a friend's computer I can just fire it without having to worry about remembering what I need.

Praesagus 05-06-09 08:56 AM

think so

Quote:

Originally Posted by dementesfa (Post 133858)
If the Minion requires login, is it possible that the client download the favorite list for addons, previously composed on the website?

This way I will only need to carry Minion on my pendrive, and when playing on a friend's computer I can just fire it without having to worry about remembering what I need.

I didn't go back and read all the minion updates again but if I recall, they said that would be one of the features.

forty2j 05-06-09 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praesagus (Post 133860)
I didn't go back and read all the minion updates again but if I recall, they said that would be one of the features.

I don't see this in the FAQ or the screenshots. But I 100% agree that the integration with Favorites in the old updater should be retained in the new one. Often I'll search for some addons & tag them as favorites over lunch at work, and then just run the updater to download them when I get home.

Spectro 05-06-09 11:53 AM

I could've sworn that Shirik said it will not be integrating favorites. I could be wrong though.

Seerah 05-06-09 12:12 PM

The old client relies on your favorites list in order to work. The new client will not.

Though, I do think that this is a good idea. Even if there were a way to mark an addon as favorite via the client... Perhaps a column of hearts - outlines if not favorited, colored in if they are.

But I'm not the programmer. ;)

dementesfa 05-06-09 12:41 PM

I shall never pay for Curse's Premium account just so I don't need to click a couple more buttons, but I would gladly pay for not having to remember all the addons I need.

Shirik 05-06-09 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dementesfa (Post 133908)
I shall never pay for Curse's Premium account just so I don't need to click a couple more buttons, but I would gladly pay for not having to remember all the addons I need.

If the feature is implemented (which it probably wink be post-beta) then it will not rely on premium status, as is the case with all our features.

Graloth 05-07-09 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirik (Post 134035)
If the feature is implemented (which it probably wink be post-beta) then it will not rely on premium status, as is the case with all our features.

I think he meant that if the feature was not made/planned he would be more likely to pay you for making it than he would be to sign up for premium membership :)

me, i would welcome the favorite feature, but will wait about suggesting features etc. untill i see the public beta etc.

FISKER_Q 05-09-09 03:24 AM

I think it would be a great feature, that way you could have some kind of semi-sync going on for users with multiple systems.