WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Dev Talk (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Pending Fixes (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52289)

Rythal 05-09-15 10:07 PM

Pending Fixes

Here's a list of what's been fixed so far for next version. I've been leveling my first toon through WoD to test everything I can.

- Map offset fixed, the maps should line up now instead of a tiny offset between them (works in spires and shadowmoon so far)
- new setting for maps, hide when combat starts. This setting causes the map if it's full sized to immediately hide if combat starts to help those who crashed using the map then attacked.
- maps with nil or -1 mapid no longer cause errors (noticed this mostly in the Remains of Xandros instance)
- Missing gilneas phased mapid added
- Missing Brawl'gar arena mapid added
- darkmoon minimap tiles now lineup and show again.

samyonair 05-10-15 03:43 PM

Translations

Have translated german Part of Hide in Combat, for all translators,
you have to add line 74 and 75 in Carbonite/locales/{language}/options.lua with :
Code:

L["Hide Map In Combat"] = "translation" or true
L["If large map is open when you enter combat attempts to hide it."] ="translation" or true

Rythal 05-11-15 01:17 AM

- all 3 new translations are setup for translation
- Fixed the minimap window / player location wandering while viewing map

nelegalno2 05-11-15 09:55 AM

N2C16:
Locale Options.lua file corrections
Whitespace

Rythal 05-16-15 12:27 PM

I finally think I found the wandering tracking hud issue and why I couldn't reproduce it before

It only affected you if you had completely reset / new window placement settings. For some reason one of the variables was not getting set

Fix is in (I hope) to force the variable to get set if it's not there.

Thrumbar 05-16-15 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 308844)
I finally think I found the wandering tracking hud issue and why I couldn't reproduce it before

It only affected you if you had completely reset / new window placement settings. For some reason one of the variables was not getting set

Fix is in (I hope) to force the variable to get set if it's not there.

Sorry Rythal, But tricks are for kids. :banana: The running Hud still runs as of the last patch to Dev. Some of the fix is interesting. I take it that a double -- in front of a code line prevents it from being used (parced) as in reming it out. I posted in the issues for wandering hud report about this. The change of NxInfo1 to NxHUD is remmed out on that line.

Rythal 05-16-15 04:02 PM

You may need to reset the tracking hud to defaults. The issue is your HUD is not anchored anywhere (if you open Carbonite.lua in your WTF and look for NxHUD it has no "A" or is anchered to "TOPRIGHT" instead of "TOP" as it should be.

Thrumbar 05-17-15 07:50 AM

Tried to click on the Hud arrow and select reset but the hud moved to the right of the screen edge where the mini button bar is. Could only do a hud reset and have it go to the top center with the Curse release. But when I put the Dev version and reset it moved to the upper right screen edge.

I take it that moveing the Hud to any area but top center will most likely result in the hud moving in combat making a custom setup not practical.

Will look into this further when I can get time from work. Well lunch over off to work :(

with regards
Thrumbar :banana:

Edit: This was with and without a full UI reset.

Rythal 05-17-15 02:17 PM

That's actually correct (for now) that when you reset it, it's on the right side of the screen. But you should be able to move it anywhere you want and it won't go wandering again.

Thrumbar 05-17-15 05:54 PM

Sorry to report this but I am still getting unintended hud arrow movement in combat. it appears to happen if I move the hud to the left side of the screen (top, middle or bottom). Will do a complete reset of ui and install the latest Dev to test again.

Regards
Thrumbar :o

Edit: The movement appears to happen if I move the hud anywhere on the left/right side of the screen. This regardless of whether I am changing quest to watch (changing only causes it to change directions and speed).

http://youtu.be/pL5_s8xVT9s

Svegan 05-17-15 08:05 PM

This is what has worked, every time. I have done this on all 11 of my toons, and the hud arrow stays glued to the screen.

1. Reset the hud layout, then drag it to the desired location.
2. /reload

That has worked every single time. my hud arrow now seems to be glued in place, and has not wandered off yet. I have kiiled, followed waypoints to a treasure node, run through mobs and ignored the aggro, and the hud arrow has not moved 1 single pixel. Now, I have not as yet, completed a quest, and the one issue that I had in addition to combat wandering, was with the quest complete causing it to fly to the right. I hope that is not the case, but need to find a quest to do, and see what happens with that.

Thrumbar 05-17-15 10:22 PM

The hud arrow tends to move when I move it to the sides and change quest I am tracking as per my vid. Did a reset and reloaded the moved hud to left top and bottom then in combat selected diffrent quest to track and run off of hud happens.

regards
Thrumbar

I will just keep it in the top center for now.

Rythal 05-20-15 11:15 AM

finding and fixing this is top of my priority list, and the only thing holding me back from doing another live release..... but I also actually started playing (finally got 100 on my first toon after, 8 months? lol) so my times been divided between playing and working on it.

Rythal 05-20-15 12:01 PM

And..... it's fixed.... for real this time... honest... no matter where you have it on your screen :P

Thrumbar 05-20-15 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 308892)
finding and fixing this is top of my priority list, and the only thing holding me back from doing another live release..... but I also actually started playing (finally got 100 on my first toon after, 8 months? lol) so my times been divided between playing and working on it.

I take it this would be the release for 6.2 ??? :p

regards
Thrumbar

Rythal 05-20-15 07:18 PM

I haven't even started looking into 6.2 yet... kinda hoping it'll just... work :P I know i'm not that lucky but the jungle is already in carbonite... just an empty map so kinda hoping they use the same texture set and nothing has to be done LOL.

Svegan 05-20-15 08:49 PM

I have downloaded the ptr, and also have the latest dev copy of carbonite installed. I will mod the toc and test it. I figure, the patch is going live soon, since the background downloader has transfered it to my computer. I have picked up and am maintaining ProspectBar from egingell, calling it ProspectBarLives so I will test it along side of Carbonite, and report back here, with any errors. i am not sure how much of the patch is active on the ptr, but this should give us some insight as to what works.

Svegan 05-21-15 07:42 AM

This is the message, with auto track on.

Code:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4486: Division by zero
Time: 05/21/15 08:40:22
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4486: in function `Update'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3823: in function `OnUpdate'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxMap.lua:1344: in function `MainOnUpdate'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1287: in function `NXOnUpdate'
[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

Locals: self = <table> {
 MiniBlks = 6
 IconScale = 3
 MapPosY = -3686.483213825
 Scale = 0.049481483314328
 MenuIShowWorld = <table> {
 }
 TextFrm = <unnamed> {
 }
 TrackETA = false
 GIconMenuITogInst = <table> {
 }
 BackgndAlpha = 0.4
 TrackDir = false
 ArrowPulse = 1
 Targets = <table> {
 }
 TileFrms = <table> {
 }
 TargetNextUniqueId = 2
 PlyrY = -3686.483213825
 MMScalesC = <table> {
 }
 ScaleDrawW = 20.209580089739
 LOpts = <table> {
 }
 Guide = <table> {
 }
 PlyrLastDir = 326.04800390008
 WorldHotspots = <table> {
 }
 InstanceId = false
 CurMapBG = false
 Size1 = 1.0253906359821
 PlyrRZY = 34.957486391068
 Cont = 7
 MapId = 971
 ShowUnexplored = false
 EffScale = 0.73142856359482
 Zone = 971
 MMOwn = false
 TextFStrs = <table> {
 }
 Arch = <unnamed> {
 }
 Scrolling = false
 Level = 10
 PIconMenu = <table> {
 }
 MenuIShowMine = <table> {
 }
 WorldAlpha = 0
 Menu = <table> {
 }
 StartupShown = false
 DotRaidScale = 1
 LastDungeonLevel = 0
 PlyrSpeedY = -3686.483213825
 W = 150
 StepTime = 0
 BackgndAlphaFade = 0.4
 PlyrFrm = <unnamed> {
 }
 CurWorldUpdateMapId = 971
 DebugAdjustScale = 0.1
 MoveLastX = -1557.6237780243
 IconStaticFrms = <table> {
 }
 UpdateTrackingDelay = 0
 IconNavScale = 1
 MapPosYDraw = -3686.483213825
 MMOwnedFrms = <table> {
 }
 ArchAlpha = 0.3
 MMChkDelay = 18
 MMScales = <table> {
 }
 MiniFrms = <table> {
 }
 ScaleDraw = 0.049481483314328
 InCombat = false
 MapScale = 0.004938271787857
 MapIndex = 1
 Win = <table> {
 }
 PadX = 0
 ScaleBeforeTarget = 0.049481483314328
 RealScale = 0.049481483314328
 Data = <table> {
 }
 PlyrSpeedX = -1557.6237780243
 BGIncNum = 0
 MenuIMonitorZone = <table> {
 }
 MapW = 305.20007324219
 MapPosXDraw = -1557.6237780243
 MMGathererUpdateDelay = 1
 BGIconMenu = <table> {
 }
 PlyrDir = 326.04800390008
 LClickTime = 0
 MouseEnabled = true
 LocTipFStrs = <table> {
 }
 TrackPlyrs = <table> {
 }
 ButAutoScaleOn = <table> {
 }
 PlyrSpeedCalcTime = 153153.481
 TextScFrm = <unnamed> {
 }
 LocTipFrm = NxMapTip {
 }
 GIconMenuIFindNote = <table> {
 }
 PlyrSpeed = 0
 QuestWin = <unnamed> {
 }
 WorldHotspotsCity = <table> {
 }
 ContFrms = <table> {
 }
 TransMenu = <table> {
 }
 GIconMenu = <table> {
 }
 Tracking = <table> {
 }
 MenuIPlyrFollow = <table> {
 }
 BackgndAlphaTarget = 0.4
 ViewSavedData = <table> {
 }
 DotZoneScale = 1
 MoveDir = 180
 BGGrowBars = true
 MapsDrawnFade = <table> {
 }
 MapH = 289
 ArrowScroll = 0.26
 MapPosX = -1557.6237780243
 H = 141
 ScaleW = 20.209580089739
 BackgndAlphaFull = 1
 CurOpts = <table> {
 }
 IconNIFrms = <table> {
 }
 TitleH = 0
 BaseScale = 1
 ToolBar = <table> {
 }
 MoveLastY = -3686.483213825
 MenuIShowHerb = <table> {
 }
 IconFrms = <table> {
 }
 DotPartyScale = 1
 PlyrRZX = 37.714368104935
 KillShow = false
 QuestAlpha = 0.3
 NeedWorldUpdate = false
 MapsDrawnOrder = <table> {
 }
 UpdateTargetDelay = 0
 Frm = <unnamed> {
 }
 Tick = 1028
 DotPalScale = 1
 CurWorldUpdateOverlayNum = 1
 PlyrX = -1557.6237780243
}
elapsed = 0.018000001087785
Nx = <table> {
 GetDataToolBar = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1690
 modules = <table> {
 }
 CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:145
 Quest = <table> {
 }
 OnUnit_spellcast_sent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1065
 prt = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxUI.lua:95
 BarData = <table> {
 }
 prtVar = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxUI.lua:159
 ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Libs\AceTim

most recent dev version

took fp to irondocks to do quest for shipwright

Code:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8853: Usage: GetQuestObjectiveInfo(questID, index, displayComplete)
Time: 05/21/15 08:49:00
Count: 28
Stack: [C]: in function `GetQuestObjectiveInfo'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8853: in function `UpdateList'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8596: in function `func'
...\AddOns\Carbonite\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:55: in function <...\AddOns\Carbonite\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals: (*temporary) = 37921
(*temporary) = 1

Logged on Rogue, level 100, in garrison, got this on load up, before doing anything. This is on live, not ptr.

Code:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxMapGuide.lua:1291: attempt to call method 'GetQuest' (a nil value)
Time: 05/21/15 21:59:14
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `GetQuest'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxMapGuide.lua:1291: in function `UpdateMapIcons'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:3700: in function `RecordQuestsLog'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:3273: in function `RecordQuests'
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:2067: in function `func'
...face\AddOns\ElvUI\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:55: in function <...face\AddOns\ElvUI\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals:

Rythal 05-23-15 04:37 AM

Just pushed everything I was trying to get done before I move onto PTR.... the push includes (but not limited to)

Warehouse Updates:
- Warehouse window tidied up a little
- Reagent bank updates with tradeskills
- Guild bank now gets recorded and can be viewed
- Guild bank shared with any other carbonite users in the guild (or other addons using LibGuildBankComm) this means if one person opens the guild bank, everyone gets updated.
- Auto-Repair Options to repair your gear (using guild or personal funds) any time you visit a repair
- Auto-Sell Options to sell your inventory has many many options, including test mode so you can make sure your filters / setup is correct without losing anything.

Rythal 05-24-15 06:17 AM

New branch created called PTR

- Tanaan overlays added
- Hellfire Raid added
- Fixed changed API call in quests
- Added some divide by zero checks, these errors only show up on PTR but means it's silently happening on live which could impact things
- Small hack to fix the current PTR bug that Tanaan often claims your in frostfire ridge .... hopefully blizz fixes this before going live so it's not needed.
*** verified it's PTR and not carb by unloading carbonite and opening world map which defaulted to Frostfire, even after /script SetMapToCurrentZone() calls.

Rythal 05-26-15 06:16 PM

PTR Branch has been merged into Dev one. If you use the dev branch you'll see Tanaan Jungle as a green box until the textures go live.

New for this release, Handy Notes is now natively supported by the Notes plugin.

Anyone noticed a theme with the releases yet? *laughs*

Svegan 05-27-15 04:09 PM

May not be the space for this, but screw it. You rock man. I have been on live and ptr with latest dev version, and it is working flawlessly. I have taken several of my 100's and copied them to ptr, and had everything work, in old content, pre 6.2 and in the new areas. I have also noticed that my fps does not seem to be drastically affected by having carbonite going. I run main, quest, weekly and warehouse. I have not tried any of the other modules yet. I will test them all this weekend, and see if anything crops up. Again, let me reiterate and say Thank you, and tell you just how wonderful this all is, to have carbonite back.

ircdirk 05-28-15 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 308958)
New for this release, Handy Notes is now natively supported by the Notes plugin.

This works great! Long awaited feature.

Rythal check this: https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/issues/304

Rythal 05-28-15 11:07 AM

What other addons are you using?

I can enter combat with compatibility off and bring up the map / close the map, bring up world map / close world map

with compatibility on it acts as it should and won't do anything with the map during combat, but no errors.

ircdirk 05-28-15 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 308979)
What other addons are you using?

I can enter combat with compatibility off and bring up the map / close the map, bring up world map / close world map

with compatibility on it acts as it should and won't do anything with the map during combat, but no errors.

U are right it is some other addon, but now i got no time to find which. Sorry for bothering...

Rythal 05-28-15 10:53 PM

Tonights push adds the last of new features I had seen asked for / requested.

Gathering now logs Tree harvests.

Along with that update I started work on my next project which is to make Carbonite dungeon level aware and supported.

Nodes now log what dungeon level they were found on when gathered, and if you change map dungeonlevels it only displays nodes from that level.

Imported Nodes from Gathermate are all dungeon level 0 (outside), old node databases work as normal as if the dungeon level wasn't logged, then it defaults to thinking it was 0.

ircdirk 05-28-15 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 308985)
Tonights push adds the last of new features I had seen asked for / requested.

Gathering now logs Tree harvests.

Along with that update I started work on my next project which is to make Carbonite dungeon level aware and supported.

Nodes now log what dungeon level they were found on when gathered, and if you change map dungeonlevels it only displays nodes from that level.

Imported Nodes from Gathermate are all dungeon level 0 (outside), old node databases work as normal as if the dungeon level wasn't logged, then it defaults to thinking it was 0.

Are dungeons maps and levels in them fixed? Couse that was anoying when i displays u on level 0 when u are on 2 ;)

Rythal 05-29-15 12:19 AM

I can't say i've had it show me on the wrong dungeon level... running all the raids and heroics it's tracked me precisely.

ircdirk 05-29-15 12:30 AM

Also vanilla dungs and raids? Maybe again some addon on my side...

Rythal 05-29-15 01:23 AM

The only vanilla raid or dungeon i've ran was AQ40 but yes it worked there... if you know of one you know didn't work I can try it.

Rythal 06-04-15 11:22 PM

So, after about 4 hours tonight trying to find out why my maps were not loading (was doing the locked to 2-3 maps only that archy use to cause) I finally narrowed it down to HandyNotes... more specifically, Astrolab library for Handynotes.

What has changed in the newer versions I haven't narrowed down yet, but I do know I took Zygors version of astrolab (rev 147 customized by them) and replaced Handynotes astrolab (rev 161) with it and everything is working perfectly fine again. So I need to dig into what has changed between those revisions and why it breaks carbonites map displaying.

Svegan 06-05-15 07:31 AM

since carbonite is now modular, would you consider a live release of the modules known to be working, before patch 6.2, or are you waiting on 6.2 before you release? I can test horde side on ptr, if that provides any benefit to you. Let me know.

Fizgig1973 06-12-15 04:45 PM

Installed the git version...thanks so much!

Was there a change with the "Follow You" option on the minimap? Previously in BGs I had this unchecked so the BG map would stay stationary and I could see my teammates. Outside of BGs it was set to follow and would keep me centered.

Now however it staying checked or unchecked regardless of if I am in a BG or not. So if I join a BG it will move around me unless I uncheck it and recenter it.

Kreelor 06-17-15 08:37 AM

Profiles

Are Profiles going to be fixed?

samyonair 06-18-15 02:03 AM

Astrolabe

Hi Rythal,

I hope this will help by finding the problem

It seems astrolabe has Issues with WOD MapIds

Quote:

So after an extensive amount of debugging, I have tracked down the issue that plagues Astrolabe in WoD and causes issues with the Garrison maps. The problem is exactly what Dorwido pointed out in the beginning of December: "There is an strange error, the WorldMapSize dont include data for the garrison if you do a fresh start of the client and login, if you logout a character and relogin or do a /reload it contains the data."
Quote:

The root cause is a Blizzard issue. SetMapByID will NOT work for the following 18 maps:http://www.curseforge.com/paste/yf1xpwiarn2k9j4l/. It will instead end up at a different MapID when you attempt it. For some reason, 10 of those 18 maps DO actually work with SetMapByID, but only after a reload, and only if you are the same faction as the owner of the map that is being requested (so an individual character can only get 5/10 even after a reload).
I have come up with a solution for it that solves all 18 cases.
# For 8 cases, we can just do HarvestedMapData[badMapID] = HarvestedMapData[goodMapID] because it happens that there is another mapID that works that has the exact same data (same number of floors, continent, zone, coordinates). The map file name is different, but that is the only weakness, and this approach is cleaner than hardcoding (imo).
# Unfortunately, for the remainder of the cases, there is no 'good' MapID (on first reload anyway). We can solve this by hardcoding a few pieces of data (floors, continent, zone, and map file name) for 2 of the 10 maps not solved by the first solution.
# For the other 8/10 remaining cases, we can just set them equal to the two cases we hardcoded.

It is fairly ugly code, but I do not think there are many alternatives, and I commented it well to help make up for it. The new code is entirely from line 1274 to 1354 in this Astrolabe.lua
http://www.curseforge.com/paste/11773/
DIFF: http://wow.curseforge.com/paste/11886/

I hope that you will include this segment of code in your next Astrolabe release, as the issue it addresses seems to be commonly reported.
Cheers!
Source: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/astrolabe/#c29