WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Update? Quite Old.... (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27857)

symbiosis 10-13-09 02:51 PM

Update? Quite Old....

I logged on to WOW this morning with Carbonite saying this version is quite old. Is there going to be an update soon (even to satisfy the old bugger version quantifier)? While I am posting, it would be good if there was an autozoom feature (in and out) for the mini map for the instance maps when you enter and leave the instance, if that is possible :)

Xarl 10-13-09 04:39 PM

Just seen the same Message as well and was a little surprised.

natassja72 10-14-09 04:17 AM

I have been getting this message about 'this version being pretty old' since yesterday as well. I have reinstalled the newest version but still it shows up every time I log in..

verenade1 10-14-09 10:23 AM

:cool:
same thing happening here, downloaded, installed and same message, on entry.....hmmmmmmm
Glad its just not me! lol

sammael 10-14-09 10:37 AM

i can confirm this happens to me too, when i mouseover carbonite icon it says 3.22 which i believe is latest available verison but upon each login i see:

Quote:

CARBONITE
This version is pretty old.
Visit carboniteaddon.com and check for a newer version

ImmortalDragon25 10-14-09 11:19 AM

don't know when there will be an update, but to fix....

(always back up files before messing around with them)

Open Carbonite.lua file in notepad (notepad++ would be better)

Do a search for... 91014
(it stands for 2009, Oct 14)

change it to the date you want the reminder again...
2009, Nov 14 would be... 91114

if you don't know about editing LUA files, just ignore the message, it does not interfere with the addon's use

Pikarya 10-14-09 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalDragon25 (Post 162089)
don't know when there will be an update, but to fix....

(always back up files before messing around with them)

Open Carbonite.lua file in notepad (notepad++ would be better)

Do a search for... 91014
(it stands for 2009, Oct 14)

change it to the date you want the reminder again...
2009, Nov 14 would be... 91114

if you don't know about editing LUA files, just ignore the message, it does not interfere with the addon's use

:banana: This works (make sure its the last "91014" in the notepad file that you find)

uz64wow 10-14-09 04:45 PM

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm ?

Ok, i am very glad its not just me either haveing this prob.... im not a comp.geek/nerd so im not gona mess w/changeing files and such but i too get the that message"this is a very old version" or something like that.But anyhow when i mouse over the carb. icon i see that it says its the new one 322,so im just gona ignore that little message about being an old version.....

voodoodad 10-14-09 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uz64wow (Post 162144)
Ok, i am very glad its not just me either haveing this prob.... im not a comp.geek/nerd so im not gona mess w/changeing files and such but i too get the that message"this is a very old version" or something like that.But anyhow when i mouse over the carb. icon i see that it says its the new one 322,so im just gona ignore that little message about being an old version.....

Good idea!:D Seems a lot of people are getting very heated up over a simple chat message!

symbiosis 10-14-09 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 162147)
Good idea!:D Seems a lot of people are getting very heated up over a simple chat message!

I'm not getting heated up, just letting the authors know

voodoodad 10-14-09 07:57 PM

Sorry, Sym. I didn't mean you. Several other threads have been started on this same topic and some people seem to be apoplectic over this.

And I only say that because I've always wanted to use the word "apoplectic" in a sentence.:D

carboniteaddon 10-15-09 05:31 PM

The message started yesterday, since the date for the message had not been increased for a few versions and the current version has been out for a while.

I hope to have a new version out this weekend.

voodoodad 10-15-09 06:45 PM

Faatal I really hope everyone reads your reply here. Lots of people seem to be very frustrated by a simple chat message.

MidgetMage55 10-15-09 07:58 PM

Many people also seem to be unable to search for similar topics and make new ones stating the same thing over and over and ... So i agree. I REALLY hope people read this.

bloglasexx 10-16-09 07:13 PM

Rinse and repeat

Looking forward to the update. ;)