WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   MasterLoot order (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51683)

ConstanT1ne32 01-19-15 02:55 PM

MasterLoot order

Hello,

Is there addon or perhaps can anyone write me one, that shows the loot in order such as this:

weapon,trinket,tier,head/chest/legs,shoulder/hands/waist/feet,neck/ring

For example, if boss drops 2h,trinket,bracers and Helm,

Then a separate window or perhaps numbers on the actual loot window would show items in order I mentioned adobe. So it would be 2h>Trinket>Helm>Bracers.

ConstanT1ne32 01-20-15 09:06 AM

Phanx 01-20-15 01:21 PM

What are you looting that drops so many items you need to organize them?

semlar 01-20-15 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 305390)
What are you looting that drops so many items you need to organize them?

He's probably distributing boss loot which should be prioritized by slot value, particularly if they're using a point system like DKP.

For example, if a boss drops a ring and a weapon that are upgrades for you, if the ring is rolled out first you will feel obligated NOT to roll on it because you want a chance at the weapon.

If that's the case his priority list is actually out of order, since chest and legs are worth more than the helm, and boots are worth more than belts and possibly gloves.

Phanx 01-20-15 06:00 PM

Seems like that kind of functionality should be included in your DKP addon, if it's so important. (I've never administered a DKP system.)

ConstanT1ne32 01-20-15 08:08 PM

Yes it is for loot distribution, and no chest is not worth more than helm cos they have same stat modifier.

Phanx 01-20-15 08:23 PM

Not tested with actual loot yet (currently at work) but I'll test it later if you haven't first.

Step 1: Download Butsu. (It's a loot frame replacement, I already use it, and it's easy to modify for this kind of thing.)

Step 2: Save the file attached to this post into the Butsu addon folder, replacing the original file.

Step 3: If desired, open the file in Notepad or some other plain-text editor (NOT WordPad, Word, Writer, etc.) and adjust the equip slot priority at the top. When done, save the file, and reload your UI if you're already logged into the game. Current priority is basically what you listed in your first post, though I put cloaks with necks and rings, and shields and offhand items between weapons and trinkets, since you didn't mention those item types.

Step 4: I'll remove this step later after I test, but if you're going to test it first, make sure you have Bugger, BugSack, or Swatter running to capture any errors that may occur, and post the errors here along with details of the circumstances that caused the error.

Edit: Removed attached file. Scroll down to my next post for an updated version.

ConstanT1ne32 01-20-15 10:10 PM

Wow, first of all, a big thanks for this. #

I tested it Naxx and so far it works as intended!

I did actually miss some other slots in my original post.

So this is the priority list:

weapons/trinkets/tier, head/chest/legs, shoulder/hands/waist/feet, cloak/wrist/neck/ring

Is it possible to have an alphabetical order within sections?

Phanx 01-20-15 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConstanT1ne32 (Post 305429)
Is it possible to have an alphabetical order within sections?

Technically there are only "sections" if two items with the same equip location drop; helms are always listed before chests, which are always listed before legs, for example, and 2H weapons are always shown before 1H weapons, which are always before MH weapons, which are before OH weapons, etc. Adding actual sections would be possible, but would add additional complexity for very little gain, since you're typically only looking at 1-4 items anyway.

Here's an update that will alphabetize if two items drop for the same slot (and moved wrists down with cloaks, necklaces and rings).

ConstanT1ne32 01-22-15 03:04 AM

Everything seems to be working. Ill update if ill find any bugs.

ConstanT1ne32 01-25-15 04:09 PM

Two things:

1) Once top item is awarded, it doesn't disappear from the list.
2) There some lua errors which I will paste later.

Phanx 01-26-15 06:13 PM

I'll look at it sometime this week. If you could post the actual errors that would be helpful.

ConstanT1ne32 01-28-15 04:06 PM

Did full raid today, no lua errors. IDK why.

Phanx 01-28-15 04:59 PM

If you use Bugger or BugSack you can go back and look at past errors (that have occurred while they were enabled). Might be worth installing if the error only happens sometimes. Third-party error catchers also have the advantage of not popping up in your face while you're in the middle of a raid or other inconvenient situation; they can notify you with a message in chat, or by changing the color of the icon on their Broker plugin or minimap icon, and you can look at the errors later when it's more convenient.

ConstanT1ne32 02-01-15 05:03 AM

any update?

Seerah 02-01-15 03:42 PM

Have you not had any errors to report? So that Phanx has something to go on?

ConstanT1ne32 02-01-15 04:44 PM

No lua errors.

The only bug I can see is what I described above.

Here is video example

I forgot to enable the cursor, but basically, I'm awarding myself gloves, yet they don't disappear from the list.
http://youtu.be/PILohs_bIYg

Phanx 02-05-15 03:23 AM

I did reproduce the bug, but haven't had time to figure out why it happens yet.

Phanx 02-08-15 04:04 PM

Fixed. (10chars)

edit: Actually, hold off on that... got an error in the sort function when killing Magtheridon, need to fix.

ConstanT1ne32 02-08-15 08:09 PM

I'm patiently waiting;)