WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RP Names for Each Race (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9767)

Xanithon 05-02-07 08:09 AM

RP Names for Each Race

I was just wondering, talking with my friend, about what are good names for each race if I was to create on an RP Server. Any Suggestions? Both Female and Male names.

Blood Elf:
Ithaelus
Kaelthalas

Orc:

Tauren:

Troll:
Gajam
Gajabular
Kaba'zua

Undead:
Sekrados
Desmoras
Norinas

Draenei:
Apolon

Human:
Lechdan

Gnome:
Fizzlemazzjigglecogwheel

Dwarf:
Aggranor

Night Elf:
Illirath
Dylvania

ReverendD 05-02-07 10:37 AM

If you havent already, try a google on name generators. You can usualy find a few dozen sites that do just that, and many are geared towards D&D type names for many races.

A couple I have used are as follows (all have some greek/norse meaning):
Itzal for a Rogue
Honir for a random toon I made when I wasnt sure what to play.
Heulwen A welsh name for my new hunter, named after my dog (meanign wise).

Zyonin 05-02-07 11:00 AM

Ithaelus
Kaelthalas

Orc:

- Orc names tend start with constants such "M" "K" etc. - Mankrik, Thrall etc.

Tauren:

- For Tauren look at American Indian names, in particular Plains tribes like the Cheyenne, Lakota, etc.

Troll:
Gajam
Gajabular
Kaba'zua

- Names that start with G, and Z are popular for Trolls: Zul'jin, Zalazane

Undead:
Sekrados
Desmoras
Norinas

-Undead can use Human type names as they were once human (or some cases High Elven names)

Draenei:
Apolon

Human:
Lechdan

Easy way to generate human names is take a standard English name and add an addtional Letter or change a lettter (Marcus -> Markus)

Gnome:
Fizzlemazzjigglecogwheel

Dwarf:
Aggranor

- Hard constants in groups "Kh" are common in Dwarf names -

Night Elf:
Illirath
Dylvania

- Night Elf names commonly start with vowels or soft constants like "M" -

Take a run around the world or read the background story and note the naming patterns for races. You can get a lot of solid ideas. There used be a wonderful HOWTO name your character on the US WoW forums, but that seems to have been lost.

Ratheri 05-02-07 12:33 PM

it's best to find something thematically appropriate, as Xinh suggested. Here are some examples that I've gone by:

-Night & Blood Elf: I try to go with names that either have a smooth, lyrical quality about them (i.e. Sarouuthel, Aliestras) or a pair of words that could describe the character in some fashion (Goldeneye, Shadowhawk, Songheart) Usually for blood elves I look for a slightly darker sound, or something that sounds slightly more "civilized" than a name I would give a night elf
-Undead: Either the same naming convention you would use for a human, or one word that might sum up the character (i.e. Basher, Claw, Meat) as perhaps some undead would no longer prefer their given human name
-Orc: Harsh sounding names with a fair amount of connsonants. Think klingon, or perhaps something you'd imagine one of Jabba the Hutt's bodygaurds might be named (Malathok, Nargesh, Dal'Na'Tok)
-Troll: Similar to orc, but a bit smoother (Zaalrush, Oushaan, Jak'anth)
-Gnome: Bunch of techincal words cobbled together, just like Xinh suggested
-Dwarf: Think scottish or russian. (Dougan, Ivesk, Maceddon)
-Tauren: Something appropriately tribal and mystic. I don't have any good examples on this one
-Dranei: I like to take liberties with demonic or alien sounding names with this one (Daegon, Tsolaris, Yogsogeth, Amion)

Dreadlorde 05-02-07 01:01 PM

Google FTW!

zathriel 05-02-07 08:23 PM

my nightelf rogue is named zathriel and my gnome mage shorgud , they just seem to fit.

Linkoln123 01-17-14 09:43 PM

Gargoyle name Suggestions?

I'm in a Harry Potter roleplay and I just thought adding a Gargoyle would make it a little more interesting, the only problem is, I can't come up with a name...Any suggestions?...:confused:

Jasmer 01-18-14 01:48 AM

Night Elf:
Keldamir

Blood Elf (Could work for Nelf too)
Female: Arilayna
Male: Avilas

Panda Female:
Louyan

Gnome Female:
Laradette
Meridette

Troll Female:
Zinara

These are some names I've used, some may or may not be unavailable on Wyrmrest Accord.