WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WoWInterface is offering Legion Beta Invites to all of our active, registered authors (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53114)

Cairenn 02-22-16 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MunkDev (Post 313136)
I see. I didn't realize you had access to that information, considering they're enabling the accounts directly. :)

My contact lets me know. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom (Post 313144)
Blizzard has their own method of enabling accounts through the beta profile settings. A handful of community sites also can send a list of their users to Blizzard in order to hand out beta access to those who would be beneficial to include.

In short, this is how the process goes. WoWInterface asks for your Battle.Net email so they can add it to the list of accounts to submit to Blizzard. Blizzard, on their own time and at their discretion, flags the accounts for beta access.

What SDPhantom said. :)

Petrah 02-22-16 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 313130)

None of the addresses I sent in were flagged by Blizzard during their last round.

I'm a little confused. Does this mean that there's a chance that some of those submissions will not get an invite?

Cairenn 02-22-16 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 313151)
I'm a little confused. Does this mean that there's a chance that some of those submissions will not get an invite?

SDPhantom 02-22-16 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 313151)

Short answer, yes. It's a very small chance unless you try to sign up within the last couple months before launch. Blizzard just wants to cover their tails in case someone that applies doesn't meet their requirements or people attempt to join when they're trying to wrap things up.

If you're talking about the first batch of 50 people, I don't think they'll ignore that list.

Cairenn 02-22-16 07:18 PM

Petrah is just being a pest. :p After us doing this for 10 years now, she knows how it works. :)

SDPhantom 02-22-16 09:56 PM

Though this is the second time they used this specific process. :rolleyes:
They used to give you a list of keys to hand out. I guess too many people got extras and gave them to friends.

ebonyfaye 02-22-16 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom (Post 313157)
Though this is the second time they used this specific process. :rolleyes:
They used to give you a list of keys to hand out. I guess too many people got extras and gave them to friends.

the end up on the black market they can sell for a ton.

zork 02-23-16 05:48 AM

All I just read was "Petrah is the best". ;)

liquidbase 02-23-16 12:04 PM

As I can say, my account was flagged for Legion a week later after Cairenn has send the first batch to Blizzard. Looks like Blizzard decide randomly.
Currently I can play the alpha / beta of Legion and at the moment I check the changes to the UI-Code. Unfortunately, at present there is the interface code does not export because the console does not open. Should this change with the next builds I will also upload according to the current snapshot, so that all have access to it.

Nevcairiel 02-23-16 12:45 PM

Maybe you got selected for a random invite, no one else here seems to have gotten anything yet.

Petrah 02-23-16 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 313155)
Petrah is just being a pest. :p After us doing this for 10 years now, she knows how it works. :)

Actually I'm not. Being in my 50's my memory isn't as good as it use to be. I find myself with dozens of post-it-notes all over the place.

Cairenn 02-23-16 07:41 PM

Bah! :p *hugs Petrah*

You're good, your name is on the list. All I meant was that they didn't invite any during *that particular* round, but hopefully people will get in during the next one. :)

Taraezor 02-24-16 04:07 AM

I was in the Second Tranche. Woooooo!

I've already begun rewriting an AddOn or two!

JDoubleU00 02-24-16 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 313180)
Actually I'm not. Being in my 50's my memory isn't as good as it use to be. I find myself with dozens of post-it-notes all over the place.

I'm right with ya there.

Miiru 02-24-16 01:00 PM

I hope paying with token counts as active account ;)

SDPhantom 02-24-16 02:41 PM

I think it does, as long as you have game time on your account, it should be good.
In the past, this was a loose requirement. My account was inactive when I got into the Cataclysm beta.

Petrah 02-24-16 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 313183)
Bah! :p *hugs Petrah*

You're good, your name is on the list. All I meant was that they didn't invite any during *that particular* round, but hopefully people will get in during the next one. :)

Who are you again?

:p

Yafis 02-25-16 07:07 AM

invite haven't given me though I was 8 in the list :(

Fizzlemizz 02-25-16 11:54 AM

I don't think Blizzard has gotten around to processing the list(s) so anyone on it that has gotten an invite has just bee lucky.

prof17 03-01-16 02:31 PM

Do you know when will the next batch be sent?