WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WoWInterface is offering Legion Beta Invites to all of our active, registered authors (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53114)

Cairenn 02-02-16 04:16 PM

WoWInterface is offering Legion Beta Invites to all of our active, registered authors

[Edit]: If you haven't already, check your accounts to see if you've been flagged yet. Don't count on an email showing up, check your account directly. A bunch of folks have been flagged today, 11 May 2016.

Hopefully Blizzard will be enabling AddOns in the Legion™ beta shortly. And as you can always count on, we’re taking care of you guys. We’re starting to submit author accounts to Blizzard so that you can have at least a few days to play before it’s time to get down to work on updating your AddOns.

This is not a contest! If you are an AddOn author that hosts with us and you have been keeping your AddOns current, you are eligible for a key!

Once they have been enabled and you get the chance to get your AddOn ready for beta testing in the expansion, upload it to our Legion™ beta download category and then be sure to check back in our Legion™ beta forums for possible feedback.

It is going to work a little bit differently this year, as Blizzard is handling it differently on their end. In previous years we would either send a list of email addresses to Blizzard and they would send you an email with the beta key for you to apply, or they would send us a bunch of keys which we would hand out. Instead, they are now enabling accounts directly. That means that this year we will have to ask you for your battlet.net email address, which we will then send to Blizzard and they will flag your account at their discretion. When they flag your account, they will send you an email giving you information letting you know. Alternately, you can watch for the flag on your account page on the Blizzard site. They typically flag accounts on Monday evenings, so we will be sending in our most recent list to them on Fridays. We'll post the number ranges when we have sent the list to Blizzard.

Let the fun begin! Sign up now for your Legion™ Beta key.

Rules:
  • You must have an active World of Warcraft account.
  • You must be an addon author with one or more files on the site that are current to 6.2.x (Compilations & "Hello world" or its equivalent do not count).
  • You must include your Battle.net email address. (It will be sent to Blizzard so your account can be flagged for beta).
  • Do not upload addons that are not your own. Anyone caught uploading someone else's work will be banned from the site. All AddOns submitted are manually checked.
  • Blizzard and WoWInterface reserve the right to deny anyone access.
  • Account must be registered before February 01, 2016.

Like & Follow us on... Facebook Twitter Google+

Edit:
Tracking numbers 001 - 050 submitted, 05 Feb 2016
Tracking numbers 051 - 106 submitted, 19 Feb 2016
Tracking numbers 107 - 126 submitted, 04 Mar 2016
Tracking numbers 127 - 136 submitted, 18 Mar 2016
Tracking numbers 137 - 154 submitted, 01 Apr 2016 (not an April Fool's joke, actually submitted :p)
Tracking numbers 155 - 186 submitted, 29 Apr 2016
Tracking numbers 187 - 202 submitted, 13 May 2016
Tracking numbers 203 - 238 submitted, 10 Jun 2016

Nevcairiel 02-02-16 04:53 PM

Thanks so much for taking care of us every xpac season again! :D

Yafis 02-02-16 08:38 PM

Hurrah! I waited for it :) Cairenn, Thank you!

Cairenn 02-02-16 11:07 PM

You're very welcome guys. :)

lightspark 02-03-16 12:52 AM

Wow, thank you :banana:

-- updated

Hm.... I hoped to get an email confirmation message or something like that. Now I'm paranoid, because I might have typoed :(

liquidbase 02-03-16 12:33 PM

Thank you very much Cairenn :)

Good to see that there is such an action for us authors again :cool:

MunkDev 02-03-16 02:44 PM

We will be prepared.™ :cool:

Cairenn 02-03-16 03:36 PM

lightspark, send me a PM, I can check the address you submitted. :)

liquidbase, you know it. I always take care of you guys. :)

MunkDev, hehehhe.

icyblade 02-03-16 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 312867)

MunkDev, hehehhe.

check my pm pls :-)

Tercioo 02-03-16 07:51 PM

Thanks Cairenn, you're awesome.

Petrah 02-03-16 09:54 PM

Cairenn,

The email address I use for the game is not the same one I use here (or anywhere for that matter). Do I need to PM you so you can match me with my account here? No one else on the planet has my battle.net email address except Blizzard. Although I may have given it to you last time for beta access.

Seerah 02-03-16 10:20 PM

If you revisit the page after submitting your battle.net email address, you will see that your position in the "queue" is linked to your account here, but the email address you type in is what will be given to Blizzard. My battle.net email is not the same as that registered with this site either.

SDPhantom 02-03-16 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 312874)
The email address I use for the game is not the same one I use here (or anywhere for that matter). Do I need to PM you so you can match me with my account here?

The registration page asks what your BNet email is. Just type it in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 312874)
No one else on the planet has my battle.net email address except Blizzard. Although I may have given it to you last time for beta access.

I use forwarders on my email server to control spam. Every online account I have has its own email address. Nobody has my real one.

Petrah 02-03-16 11:23 PM

Thanks for the info guys. :)

Miiru 02-04-16 12:58 AM

THis is going to be fun :)

liquidbase 02-04-16 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 312867)

MunkDev, hehehhe.

I know Cairenn. That's the reason why I prefer wowinterface instead of curse :)

SDPhantom 02-04-16 01:42 PM

Honestly, I started publishing my addons while WoWInterface was giving away WotLK keys. I was too late to get one, but I've been a part of the community since then.

Cidrei 02-04-16 05:34 PM

Thank you for once again arranging this for us. I had one expansion completely hose my addons because I thought they'd be fine.

Petrah 02-04-16 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 312875)
If you revisit the page after submitting your battle.net email address, you will see that your position in the "queue" is linked to your account here

I don't see a que. I just see the tracking ID number and the instructions.

Seerah 02-04-16 08:16 PM

That's why I put "queue" in quotes. ;) Your tracking number is your position on this list. When Cairenn submits emails to Blizzard, she'll say that she sent in numbers xxx - xxx.

Paopao001 02-04-16 10:51 PM

Is Taiwan Battle.net account available for this?
:confused:

SDPhantom 02-05-16 12:26 AM

I think beta has international servers, not 100% sure though.
I think it was one realm per region.

Gethe 02-05-16 12:31 AM

Currently it's just one realm, but it is international.

EKE 02-05-16 02:39 AM

i think paopao mean battle.net account region

Cairenn 02-05-16 06:06 PM

Petrah 02-05-16 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 312885)
That's why I put "queue" in quotes. ;) Your tracking number is your position on this list. When Cairenn submits emails to Blizzard, she'll say that she sent in numbers xxx - xxx.

Ah, ok. Thanks Seerah. :)

SDPhantom 02-05-16 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 312902)

Sweet, here's hoping they start letting us in soon. :D

JDoubleU00 02-06-16 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MunkDev (Post 312866)
We will be prepared.™ :cool:

No one expects the Dark Iron Dwarves! Drink everything in sight!

liquidbase 02-07-16 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom (Post 312904)
Sweet, here's hoping they start letting us in soon. :D

I hope so as well :)

Yafis 02-07-16 06:50 AM

I very strongly wait :)

ebonyfaye 02-09-16 07:40 PM

Thanks this will be a great help hope i got my email right :S i did it from my phone

Coote 02-10-16 07:14 AM

It shouldn't be a problem that I uploaded the 2 addons I'm responsible for already, should it? Figured it would be nice to get that out of the way while I'm thinking about it. I may not be actively playing, but my guild mates use them and would have told me if they stopped working for whatever reason (I'd also be getting emails from posts here and curse if they broke again).

siweia 02-11-16 03:08 AM

Thanks! Can't wait to be in the new land!

syncrow 02-12-16 08:40 PM

Already got alpha invite (guess it was the mythic-archimonde-kill-alpha-wave).

Do i have to worry about not auto getting beta access or is alpha still beta, i'm a bit confused in this case...

Seerah 02-12-16 10:31 PM

I'm 99.9% certain that if you're in the alpha, you'll be in the beta. :)

Nevcairiel 02-13-16 05:30 AM

They generally don't throw people out again when it changes from Alpha to Beta, its just a name afterall.
Now they just need to start inviting us authors already. Hopefully soon!

Taraezor 02-13-16 09:27 AM

Merely a Setback

WoD was such a setback for me. So unprepared. With the API changes thrown in, I never really recovered. THIS time, having played beta I should at least have technical things out of the way so I can focus on content.

I never look at the news page here. Not sure why I did today, but so glad I did!!!

Petrah 02-14-16 08:21 AM

Did they already send out the invites for the first batch? If so, I guess I'm not getting in.

Tim 02-14-16 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 313025)
Did they already send out the invites for the first batch? If so, I guess I'm not getting in.

Legion hasn't been swapped over to beta yet. They still have a few specs they need to enable and quite a bit more content to add. I wouldn't expect to see addon developers getting in for at least another month or two.

zork 02-14-16 10:53 AM

Args. Thanks to work I'm to late to the party! :)

Thanks for doing this every addon beta.

Cairenn 02-14-16 11:47 AM

He wasn't able to get any names submitted this last batch, but hopefully in the next one in a week or so.

Petrah 02-14-16 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 313027)
Legion hasn't been swapped over to beta yet. They still have a few specs they need to enable and quite a bit more content to add. I wouldn't expect to see addon developers getting in for at least another month or two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 313032)
He wasn't able to get any names submitted this last batch, but hopefully in the next one in a week or so.

Ah, ok. Thanks :)

siweia 02-14-16 09:10 PM

When would be the next group?

Cairenn 02-14-16 10:56 PM

I will be sending in the next set this coming Friday.

ebonyfaye 02-16-16 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 313043)
I will be sending in the next set this coming Friday.

nice thanks

Cairenn 02-19-16 05:37 PM

Tracking numbers 051 - 106 submitted, 19 Feb 2016

Ketho 02-20-16 02:29 AM

Thank you, WoWInterface

Paopao001 02-21-16 01:28 AM

Tracking number 000056
My battle.net account options haven't list Legion.:(:(

SDPhantom 02-21-16 01:44 AM

It's included as part of "Warcraft" in the beta opt-in profile.

Skudnfroodie 02-21-16 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paopao001 (Post 313117)
Tracking number 000056
My battle.net account options haven't list Legion.:(:(

Just because Cairenn submitted the email addresses to Blizzard, doesn't that mean that blizzard immediately gives them beta access.

CorpsusVitale 02-21-16 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skudnfroodie (Post 313119)
Just because Cairenn submitted the email addresses to Blizzard, doesn't mean that blizzard immediately gives them beta access.

Does anyone have any idea as to when the new invite wave is coming? My tracking ID is 000037 and still no invite. The first batch was submitted to Blizz well over a month ago already.

Cairenn 02-21-16 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorpsusVitale (Post 313120)
Does anyone have any idea as to when the new invite wave is coming? My tracking ID is 000037 and still no invite. The first batch was submitted to Blizz well over a month ago already.

No it wasn't, it was 2 weeks ago.

Quote:

And to answer the other part:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 313032)

lightspark 02-21-16 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorpsusVitale (Post 313120)

In a month or two, when addons are enabled. There's no point in inviting addon developers yet.

CorpsusVitale 02-21-16 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 313121)
No it wasn't, it was 2 weeks ago.

My apologies for not being able to do properly calculate a time period. I guess I should drink my coffee before posting stuff :)

Cairenn 02-21-16 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightspark (Post 313122)
In a month or two, when addons are enabled. There's no point in inviting addon developers yet.

May be sooner than that, may not. Depends entirely on their lists. We're actually hoping some will get in during this round. And there's lots of reason to have addon authors in before the addons are live. Gives the authors a chance to see what changes have been made and what additions have been introduced, so they can have something ready for testing as soon as addons are enabled. Authors almost always get in before they enable them.

MunkDev 02-21-16 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 313125)
We're actually hoping some will get in during this round.

I'm confused about the tracking numbers. You said that you weren't able to get any names submitted in the first batch, but you're saying you're hopeful that this batch will get a few invites handed out? Does this mean the first batch was omitted entirely or something? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 313125)
And there's lots of reason to have addon authors in before the addons are live. Gives the authors a chance to see what changes have been made and what additions have been introduced, so they can have something ready for testing as soon as addons are enabled. Authors almost always get in before they enable them.

I'd like to believe that our experience in coding and development in general is useful to Blizzard in terms of providing solid bug reports and feedback. :cool:

Cairenn 02-21-16 03:54 PM

Sounds like you are confusing the batches of addresses I am sending in with the batches of accounts that Blizzard flags at any given time. ;)

None of the addresses I sent in were flagged by Blizzard during their last round. We're hoping that some will be during this round [of flagging by Blizzard].

I did say 'lots of reasons'. I just posted the main one.

siweia 02-22-16 05:01 AM

Alright then, I thought it would be actived in a few days that I keep checking my account over and over again these days. lol

MunkDev 02-22-16 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 313130)
Sounds like you are confusing the batches of addresses I am sending in with the batches of accounts that Blizzard flags at any given time. ;)

None of the addresses I sent in were flagged by Blizzard during their last round. We're hoping that some will be during this round [of flagging by Blizzard].

I see. I didn't realize you had access to that information, considering they're enabling the accounts directly. :)

SDPhantom 02-22-16 02:31 PM

Blizzard has their own method of enabling accounts through the beta profile settings. A handful of community sites also can send a list of their users to Blizzard in order to hand out beta access to those who would be beneficial to include.

In short, this is how the process goes. WoWInterface asks for your Battle.Net email so they can add it to the list of accounts to submit to Blizzard. Blizzard, on their own time and at their discretion, flags the accounts for beta access.