WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: General Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Rythal, what's going on? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51825)

Kreelor 02-02-15 07:29 PM

Rythal, what's going on?
 
I've waited a month (quietly), watching the forum posts during that time, and I've seen no comments at all from you about what's going on. At least, I've seen nothing communicative about progress or plans from you.

* Are you still in the States or wherever?
* Are you in Europe now?
* If not, are you still planning to go there?
* When might you return to the States, and/or activity within the forums?
* Are you still "reviewing" everything? That has been a very long time now since you said that.
* If you have completed "reviewing," what have you determined?
* Have you done anything (yourself) with the reported/corrected issues with Carbonite?

From what I can gather from looking at the GitHub, other people have helped you complete a number of issues. Those fixed issues (in GitHub) have not been approved nor incorporated into the "Live" version. There appears to be only -one- issue which was assigned to you, and that one is now 28 days old. And, it has had no comments since then. Are you working on only one issue? What about the rest of the numerous issues which still exist?

I'm simply asking again... what is going on? Why can't we be informed of an up-to-date status on a regular basis?

I may be mistaken, but if you're in Europe, I thought the Internet existed there, too? :D

If you are on vacation there, I don't mean to intrude by asking you to do any work on Carbonite. But, (if you aren't there), I'm sure we'd like to hear from you. It will be appreciated. Apparently, the other folks who have worked so very hard and diligently in helping you (without responses from you) are at a complete stand-still -- (they can't do anything without your participation!), since you are the only one who is making decisions for everyone else.

Rythal, if it's not too much trouble, please give us a COMPLETE, itemized overview of what is happening and what is next in line to be handled, and where you are now in the code issues.

This Carbonite forum is nearly dead. The addon seems to be forgotten by you. You may be working on it fervently, but we have no idea unless you let us know something. It can't be that time consuming for you to do so, unless you are in Italy in a gondola, being rowed through the canals of Venice with the one you love! We all hope that our contributions helped you to enjoy that experience. :D

Sincerely.

Dridzt 02-02-15 07:57 PM

I don't know what's your day job but you have a splendid future ahead as a slavedriver.

Rythal 02-02-15 11:59 PM

I'm not sure which continent you live on that 2 weeks is a month.. I made a post in the dev section detailing exactly what your looking for, what needs to be done currently / handled.

This post was made Jan 17th an hour before I left, and was also the same time I stopped being active and had made it quite clear I would not be around or available until I returned. I checked the forums a couple times while I was gone, answered some posts infrequently, but I lived mostly up to my word and was unavailable.

I returned 3 days ago, and have been in bed with the flu since then and going right back there now.

I have looked over the commits to the github, both versions master and dev and while there has been about 40 commits, there is 1 or 2 things I need to check for myself before I consider another live release.

What have I been doing code wise? nothing, I updated git and released a live version just before I left. I stated I was doing nothing and would be unavailable, and I left a listing of everything I knew needed to be looked into.

10leej 02-03-15 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 305995)
I'm not sure which continent you live on that 2 weeks is a month.. I made a post in the dev section detailing exactly what your looking for, what needs to be done currently / handled.

This post was made Jan 17th an hour before I left, and was also the same time I stopped being active and had made it quite clear I would not be around or available until I returned. I checked the forums a couple times while I was gone, answered some posts infrequently, but I lived mostly up to my word and was unavailable.

I returned 3 days ago, and have been in bed with the flu since then and going right back there now.

I have looked over the commits to the github, both versions master and dev and while there has been about 40 commits, there is 1 or 2 things I need to check for myself before I consider another live release.

What have I been doing code wise? nothing, I updated git and released a live version just before I left. I stated I was doing nothing and would be unavailable, and I left a listing of everything I knew needed to be looked into.

/responded

atl77 02-03-15 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 305995)
I returned 3 days ago, and have been in bed with the flu since then and going right back there now.

Get well soon, Rythal!

Svegan 02-03-15 07:35 AM

Hope you get to feeling better Rythal.

Greystar 03-01-15 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 305995)
I'm not sure which continent you live on that 2 weeks is a month.. I made a post in the dev section detailing exactly what your looking for, what needs to be done currently / handled.

This post was made Jan 17th an hour before I left, and was also the same time I stopped being active and had made it quite clear I would not be around or available until I returned. I checked the forums a couple times while I was gone, answered some posts infrequently, but I lived mostly up to my word and was unavailable.

I returned 3 days ago, and have been in bed with the flu since then and going right back there now.

I have looked over the commits to the github, both versions master and dev and while there has been about 40 commits, there is 1 or 2 things I need to check for myself before I consider another live release.

What have I been doing code wise? nothing, I updated git and released a live version just before I left. I stated I was doing nothing and would be unavailable, and I left a listing of everything I knew needed to be looked into.

At the moment I kinda know what you are going through, although I got out of the coding community almost all together. Last Tuesday I got some news from my doctors (and the hospital) that said I could possibly have Cancer at 41 that is pretty bad news, they sent my results off to a specialist and I'm hoping to hear something this Tuesday as it'll have been a week. Hope you get well soon.

Svegan 03-01-15 08:28 AM

@Greystar, I hope and pray that the news from your doctor is good.

mjumnito 03-02-15 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svegan (Post 307110)
@Greystar, I hope and pray that the news from your doctor is good.

I just wanted to second this.

Petrah 03-03-15 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumnito (Post 307161)
I just wanted to second this.

+3


I hope everything works out for you, and that you have a good strong support system of loving people around you.

SteelTheory 03-08-15 11:58 AM

Don't give the guy too much grief.
He doesn't work for you, nor does he owe us.
He makes something very cool, that we like a lot.
I'm quietly anticipating the next stable release. ...patiently-ish.

Greystar 03-12-15 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svegan (Post 307110)
@Greystar, I hope and pray that the news from your doctor is good.

Well good is relative, but it's not cancer, thanks for the support though from everyone who commented. I also hope Rythal is doing better as well.

Kreelor 03-13-15 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greystar (Post 307491)
Well good is relative, but it's not cancer, thanks for the support though from everyone who commented. I also hope Rythal is doing better as well.

That is wonderful news! It could have gone the other way; thank God it didn't!

Petrah 03-13-15 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greystar (Post 307491)
Well good is relative, but it's not cancer, thanks for the support though from everyone who commented. I also hope Rythal is doing better as well.

Awesome news!!

jktz122 03-13-15 03:37 PM

havent played in a long time
 
but when i did carbonite was one of the main add ons ive used .. i'm curious if carbonite is still being updated for the current wow version 6.1 because so far its one of the few add ons i used and loved but still isnt updated .. if its not being updated can someone reccomend something similar that is?.. sorry to bother people here but i dont often read forums

jeffy162 03-13-15 04:11 PM

Carbonite has been updated on January 15, 2015, which means it'll still work in WoW 6.1, you'll just have to check the "Load Out of Date AddOns" box on the top right of the AddOns window on the character selection screen. Do a search for the Carbonite addon here on WoWInterface (or Curse.com) and you will see that it is now modular. Install as many, or as few, of the modules that you want.

AddOns don't always have to be up-to-date to work. What you have to worry about is Lua errors. The only thing that makes addons out-of-date, as far as the game is concerned, is the interface number in the .toc file. You can have an up-to-date .toc file and still get major Lua errors from any addon. Install something like !BugGrabber (you can also get Bugger but you still need !BugGrabber) and BugSack to capture Lua errors and you should be good-to-go.

Kreelor 03-13-15 08:05 PM

So.....

Is Rythal still bedridden, in the hospital, or what? I truly hope he's not that ill. His last post was Feb 24 (17 days ago from this post) and it was a helpful post and most appreciated.

jktz122 wanted to know and said: ".. i'm curious if carbonite is still being updated for the current wow version 6.1 because so far its one of the few add ons i used and loved but still isnt updated .."

I guess I'm just one of many who would also like to know the answer. The GitHub (both Live Release and DEV" stats) show that very little has been done for at least the last 2 months, except for a couple, very minor changes. It's now March 13 and since January, activity has dwindled down to next to nothing since then. Two months or more for some things! Activity has stopped nearly completely (according to the GitHub stats). No reports on this forum, either. I see errors all the time but, reporting them does no good if they are never fixed. They are 'common' errors which almost anyone who plays the game have (probably) seen.

If Rythal is too sick, then that is totally understandable. I hope he's not!!! But, once again (without any intention of sounding like a "slave driver" as I've been called--wrongfully), it would certainly be nice to get some considerate, up-to-date feedback. I keep asking for that since it's not forthcoming. If Rythal can't provide that, maybe someone else might be able to? I'd love to know how Rythal is doing. I hope he is recovering from whatever his illness is! It was never mentioned by him and that's his business. I truly doubt that I'm the only person who is interested in both his health and also the progress of the addon - if any.

jktz122 03-14-15 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 307506)
Carbonite has been updated on January 15, 2015, which means it'll still work in WoW 6.1, you'll just have to check the "Load Out of Date AddOns" box on the top right of the AddOns window on the character selection screen. Do a search for the Carbonite addon here on WoWInterface (or Curse.com) and you will see that it is now modular. Install as many, or as few, of the modules that you want.

AddOns don't always have to be up-to-date to work. What you have to worry about is Lua errors. The only thing that makes addons out-of-date, as far as the game is concerned, is the interface number in the .toc file. You can have an up-to-date .toc file and still get major Lua errors from any addon. Install something like !BugGrabber (you can also get Bugger but you still need !BugGrabber) and BugSack to capture Lua errors and you should be good-to-go.

thank you for replying

Petrah 03-15-15 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 307507)
So.....

Is Rythal still bedridden, in the hospital, or what?

Dude... give it a rest. He owes you nothing.

jeffy162 03-15-15 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jktz122 (Post 307522)
thank you for replying

You're very welcome. Sorry this is so late, but I just saw your post.

Just a FYI: Carbonite Maps is now the main module for Carbonite. You need to install that one if you're going to use Carbonite.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:22 PM.

vBulletin © 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2020 MMOUI