WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   all maps addons dont have a important option (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34831)

xromania™ 09-06-10 04:07 PM

all maps addons dont have a important option

Except Carbinite (but to use this megaaddon just for the map is macabre) there is no addon who can RESIZE/MOVE in same time the map. Then why are called for map if a common sense option is not there:)
Like in this picture, we want sometimes the map in that place, especially in BG, too see all players on map and to have the map resized and moved where we need

dont look at my buttons, is a old screen and is a buttons setup im using when i play from bed (and cant use keyboard so good so i need to click on screen...)
Just a suggestion, a good one i hope, because we know authors are working for free

sacrife 09-06-10 04:27 PM

First of all. Huh?

Seriously though, if I understood you correctly try adding this to your map addon.

WorldMapFrame:SetUserPlaced(true)
WorldMapFrame:SetMovable(true)

Terranell 09-06-10 07:14 PM

I'm not sure I understood you at all there, but with Mapster I can resize my map and move it, no problem.

Sideshow 09-07-10 12:12 AM

Amazing interface :eek:

voodoodad 09-07-10 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideshow (Post 205337)
Amazing interface :eek:

To each his own, I guess... But... Oh man...
[Edit because I just HAVE to]

With that mess on your screen, I would think the map would be the LEAST of your problems.

There... I feel marginally better now...

Shadowcall 09-07-10 07:26 AM

he wants a world map addon in wich you can move and zoom in/out in real time, function like in carbonite

sakurakira 09-07-10 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 205345)
To each his own, I guess... But... Oh man...
[Edit because I just HAVE to]

With that mess on your screen, I would think the map would be the LEAST of your problems.

There... I feel marginally better now...

Actually, it looks to me like it's a fresh UI redo and he just loaded up his bar mod and such and is still messing around with it.

grom 09-07-10 08:40 AM

guess he wants something like google maps.

sylvanaar 09-07-10 01:18 PM

I agree with what he is saying about the map addons. I'd like to have carbonite's movable, resizable, AND zoomable map without the other ??MB of stuff.

Syxx 09-07-10 04:20 PM

Didn't a version of Cartographer (3? maybe) do that?
I'd love to have a map addon like that without all the carbonite junk with it as well.

Taryble 09-07-10 05:43 PM

It was Cart3, but all of the Carts are pretty much dead now.

jeffy162 09-07-10 10:41 PM

Yeah, but ...... Squeenix. I mean, you're stuck with Blizzards, what, six (?) levels of zoom, but it's sizable and movable. That's what I used to use for my Blizz map before I merged it with Carbonite.

xromania™ 09-09-10 02:17 PM

yes some guys got what i mean, only carbinite have a perfect map and that is strange, maping being a important thing. If carbinite die what we doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakurakira (Post 205376)
Actually, it looks to me like it's a fresh UI redo and he just loaded up his bar mod and such and is still messing around with it.

No man it was my ready to work interface and right now im using same model, but with less buttons. Is a normal interface if i play from bed using mostly the mouse. All buttons need to be accesible to my mouse.
Like for maps, now for buttons - again no good addons, only macaron can do a interface like that

MidgetMage55 09-10-10 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xromania™ (Post 205621)
yes some guys got what i mean, only carbinite have a perfect map and that is strange, maping being a important thing. If carbinite die what we doing?

The thing here is not everyone will want this feature in a map. "Perfect" is very much a matter of opinion especially when it comes to things like this. I personally do not like the carbonite map so I would be rather put off if every map worked the same.

A little variety is a good thing.

jeffy162 09-10-10 09:43 AM

I don't think the "looks" of the Carbonite maps are what he's looking for. I think it's the general utility of Carbonites' maps that are the issue. With one click, you can move or re-size the map, and with two clicks, re-lock it again. Take out some of the options and you could re-lock it again with one click. The "infinite zoom" ability you have with Carbonites' maps, I don't think is (currently) do-able with Blizzards maps, or someone would have surely done it by now.