WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Need a ligher UI help please (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28771)

Unbornchild 11-28-09 10:31 PM

Need a ligher UI help please

Hello every1 just like the title says i need help with a good light simple UI for my game right now im using Domino's i love the fact that i can move everything and place it anywhere but well i dont have a good PC and using alot of memory so any tips on which UI i could look or check out i will rly apreciate it TY in advance guys =D

Yhor 11-28-09 11:11 PM

Without any details, other than lightweight, I'd recommend ncUI. A lot of people are claiming to love it.

zero-kill 11-29-09 12:36 AM

Even the dev himself says it's the lightest!

Ferous 11-29-09 01:11 AM

Other than that I recommend anything oUF wise. I.E. AZLA UI, Rufio UI, Shestak UI, etc.

Miralen 11-29-09 01:37 AM

Tukui is pretty good I recommend that one as well.

jasje 11-29-09 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miralen (Post 167387)
Tukui is pretty good I recommend that one as well.

Idd, also works for all resolution's.

ravagernl 11-29-09 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasje (Post 167388)
Idd, also works for all resolution's.

Idd, also works for all resolution's above 1600 pixels.

jasje 11-29-09 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrruben5 (Post 167395)
Idd, also works for all resolution's above 1600 pixels.

Not if u dl his patch^^

Wimpface 11-29-09 10:53 AM

nightcracker MUST be right when he says it's the lightest UI ever!

Yeah right.

nightcracker 11-29-09 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wimpface (Post 167417)
nightcracker MUST be right when he says it's the lightest UI ever!

Yeah right.

Ok, you prove me otherwise.

Shadowed 11-30-09 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightcracker (Post 167419)
Ok, you prove me otherwise.

Default with an addon to move frames.

haste 11-30-09 02:13 PM

Default with and addon to move frames and remove un-used cruft.

nightcracker 11-30-09 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowed (Post 167538)
Default with an addon to move frames.

In fact, the most lightweight UI is just the default blizzard UI, because any modification will already have the memory loaded from blizzard. But, IMO it's a little be childish to take that as UI modding. I'd say that to call something an UI for WoW it has to have a major impact on how it feels/looks.

Seerah 11-30-09 04:35 PM

How about default with a mod to move/remove things and custom frame/button textures, icons, fonts, etc, etc? ;)

Or... To have the maximum change in UI look/feel, a one-liner addon that brings your fps to a screeching halt. That would only take about 0.01kb in memory. ;)

Ferous 11-30-09 07:17 PM

You could technically just change all the .blp files for everything and have it in the interface folder :)

Seerah 11-30-09 10:14 PM

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Tons of customization options, 0 memory. :)

Shadowed 11-30-09 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 167580)
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Tons of customization options, 0 memory. :)

Textures don't consume memory? :P

MidgetMage55 11-30-09 11:48 PM

If you make blp replacements for the existing textures they don't. :D

Torhal 12-01-09 04:58 AM

BLP textures don't consume memory? :P

haste 12-01-09 06:16 AM

I don't know about you, but I'm damn tired of people talking about how small the memory footprint of their UI is. It's really become absorbed how end-users and some authors are about these things. It's damn obvious that something which is hard-coded to the bone is going to use less resources doing the same task as something which allows you to tweak the very bits and pieces of the execution.

I honestly hate how I was a part of starting the entire SWOOOSH lightweight trend, but sadly it isn't something that I just can wish away. We've already tainted the minds of people by using incorrect arguments for why they should or shouldn't use an add-on. The fact that people are so obsessed about arbitrary numbers they (and honestly most authors) don't fully understand is just a proof of this.

I'm not going to put the blame on the end-users tho'. It's us -- the add-on authors -- that are to blame for this. Especially those who spread around them with buzzwords. When I'm browsing for new add-ons I'll easily avoid any add-on using words such as "efficient", "lightweight", "memory usage", and so on in their description. Why? Because the person most likely knows jack-**** about what it involves. I'll automatically assume that their code is sub-par and beyond **** on all the aspects they say they are great on. If your add-on is so great, why do you have to pull developer related notifications into the mix to convince the end-users to use it?

I could go on for ages about this. I hate people who do this from the depth of my soul....

But we've already brought this topic into the abyss, so let's pull it back onto its trail.

Unbornchild, you should be a lot more specific regarding what you ask for. I would recommend you against using any compilation however. The main reason for this is really that most compilations will contain a lot of things you don't really need.

I'll however try to give you a proper answer based on your post. I know you ask for a UI, but what I believe you want is an alternative unit frame. You already seem content with Dominos, so I would recommend Sage UnitFrames -- which is by the same author as Dominos. Another alternative which might suite your needs would be Shadowed Unit Frames.