WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Arachnophobia (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39511)

darkhawk78 04-03-11 04:37 AM

Arachnophobia

Hi, I've a problem.

I suffer from arachnophobia...

is it possible that an add on have the possibility to remove spiders from the game? :D

Vlad 04-03-11 05:02 AM

Better overcome your fears to pixel spiders now, than to be 30 and be afraid of a tiny spider in real life. :P

Nope, can't remove spiders...

haylie 04-03-11 05:15 AM

Only thing you can do is this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...hnophobia.html

Maybe it'll help.

Nobgul 04-03-11 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladinator (Post 233708)
Better overcome your fears to pixel spiders now, than to be 30 and be afraid of a tiny spider in real life. :P

Nope, can't remove spiders...

It always happens that someone comes up and say's but you can remove the model, so before we even remotely get to that point. !NO!. It is against blizzards rules, If you do it you will get banned, as I have herd that Warden can detect the changes. So please don't ask we won't tell you how.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.
Paid for by the Keep Your Friends From Getting Banned Fund.

tinyu 04-03-11 07:18 AM

you might wanna think about quitting WoW then as Spiders are literally every where especially when you get to Northrend and as hunters can tame them as pet to use in combat you never know when one can appear.

If you try to remove/change the models you are playing russian roulette with your account anyway.

darkhawk78 04-03-11 09:33 AM

Thank you all for the informations.

I've understood only way is "don't look" - "don't listen" mode... :D

Aprikot 04-03-11 10:29 AM

You could maybe mess with the bloom settings to get a look that may help diminish some associations with reality. I haven't tested it though...might cause more problems than it solves. :p

Moxie 04-03-11 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haylie (Post 233709)
Only thing you can do is this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...hnophobia.html

Maybe it'll help.

I second this, for obvious reasons. It's helped me a lot.

Crissa 04-03-11 03:15 PM

Technically, they don't care if you change the models. It's just they can't tell between someone changing models and someone cheating. So they put the rules to err for cheating.

-Crissa

Vlad 04-03-11 05:58 PM

Statistically 50% female and 20% male have fear of spiders -funny! :D

Coote 04-03-11 06:23 PM

I myself have extreme arachnophobia to the point I have panic attacks, which lead to hyperventilating, and at times, even passing out. Luckily, the spiders in the game are far from realistic, and have barely any affect on my at all. That, and often, you can easily avoid areas with spiders, and the quests accompanying them without any noticeable loss to experience gains.

Seerah 04-03-11 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crissa (Post 233740)
Technically, they don't care if you change the models. It's just they can't tell between someone changing models and someone cheating. So they put the rules to err for cheating.

-Crissa

Technically, yes they do. ;) Not sure where you got your information. :p

tinyu 04-03-11 10:48 PM

the in game spiders cannot harm you in anyway.

Moxie 04-03-11 11:01 PM

That doesn't matter to someone with severe arachnophobia.

Led ++ 04-04-11 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 233748)
Technically, yes they do. ;) Not sure where you got your information. :p

While true it doesn't mean they will instantly ban you. Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrsssssss ago I model changed my druid forms (tree and kitty) so they looked a bit cooler. It's nothing gamechanging like giving the WSG flag the look of Ragnaros or something.

Note that I do not advise you to modelchange tho, I don't have any idea if blizzard even checks what models you replaced with what. That and the security is perhaps a bit better then years ago.

Crissa 04-04-11 02:26 AM

I said, technically.

-Crissa

I used to have deathly reaction to needles/sharps. Even in games. I'd seize, and it wasn't pleasant. I'd end up on the floor, unconscious. And even worse, I can remember every, single, time. Once as a child, I ended up in the hospital on anti-seizure medicine to stabilize me. So I know how it is. It's also possible to get over it, and I hope you'll be able to, eventually. I don't like them, still, but I don't go all wrong ended anymore... I even made through the last blood test (though personally I think the ones that do it fastest and let ya see are the best. Imagination runs away with ya really easy...)

haylie 04-04-11 04:40 AM

I don't consider myself arachnophobic, but I'm also deathly afraid of spiders and refuse to be within 50 meters of even the smallest one. The only thing I was ever afraid of in-game were the stealthed spiders in Blade's Edge. The first time one creeped up on me I got so scared I had to take a break from my PC to calm down and since then I never quested in that area again.

So I guess what I'm saying is it's perfectly natural to be afraid of spiders (nasty little creatures), even in-game ones, and doing so doesn't make you childish like some people seem to believe.

Vlad 04-04-11 04:43 AM

I hope you guys find a way to control your phobias, it must be very lame not being in control of what you fear. :(

darkhawk78 04-04-11 10:49 AM

You've reason. The fear of spiders is terrible. In the game I don't go in area where I know there are spiders. First time than a stealthed spider came out in Ashenvale I ran away from the pc... :D

Crissa 04-04-11 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haylie (Post 233761)
I don't consider myself arachnophobic, but I'm also deathly afraid of spiders and refuse to be within 50 meters of even the smallest one.

I don't know where you could live to not be within 50m of a spider, though. They're pretty endemic.

-Crissa