WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lua/XML Help (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hide minimap player arrow (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57815)

MinguasBeef 02-11-20 07:36 AM

Hide minimap player arrow

I'm trying to go through and take screenshots to make a high quality map of a dungeon. I am having issues hiding the player arrow as seen in this image.

Anyone know a way I can hide the player arrow in the center of the minimap?

LudiusMaximus 02-11-20 04:29 PM

I did some research but could not find a way to achieve this. The player arrow is no frame of its own that could be hidden. It seems that the UI receives the minimap texture already with the arrow in it from the game. There is also no cvar to influence the player arrow.

You could try to build your map from the minimap textures in the mpq files. But these are not very intuitive to read. Simply taking enough screenshots to overlap the player arrow in every image is probably the best - albeit cumbersome - procedure.

Vrul 02-11-20 05:44 PM

I believe direct access to the minimap player arrow was removed in an effort to restrict raid assist addons. But to answer your question:
Code:

Minimap:SetPlayerTexture("")

LudiusMaximus 02-11-20 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrul (Post 335120)
Code:

Minimap:SetPlayerTexture("")

Wow, that's neat! How did you know of this SetPlayerTexture() function? I cannot find it anywhere in the Blizzard UI code!

Vrul 02-11-20 07:20 PM

I used Output Search to look for functions in Minimap to see what was available. I entered "^set" in the search field to narrow the results down to the setter-type methods.

LudiusMaximus 02-11-20 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrul (Post 335122)
I used Output Search to look for functions in Minimap to see what was available. I entered "^set" in the search field to narrow the results down to the setter-type methods.

Nice, thanks!

MinguasBeef 02-12-20 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrul (Post 335122)

Thanks a lot! Also, that tool looks amazing downloading that as well!

MinguasBeef 02-12-20 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LudiusMaximus (Post 335119)
You could try to build your map from the minimap textures in the mpq files. But these are not very intuitive to read.

I ended up actually going with this route in the end. I wanted to get the best possible quality so I figured pulling the blp files and building the map with them would be the best route. It took a lot of work to piece everything together, but I think it came out looking really good!

LudiusMaximus 02-13-20 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinguasBeef (Post 335127)
I think it came out looking really good!

Wow, that's impressive! Is this going into some addon or what are you compiling this for?

MinguasBeef 02-13-20 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LudiusMaximus (Post 335130)
Wow, that's impressive! Is this going into some addon or what are you compiling this for?

I'm practicing maraudon 1 pulls and I wanted access to a high resolution map so I could mark where all of the packs are to help myself learn the best way for me to perform the pull.

Thanks so much for your original suggestion - it never even crossed my mind to just extract the minimap textures and assemble it like this.