WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WoWInterface Comic Contest Discussion Thread (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17795)

Shirik 08-20-08 08:56 AM

WoWInterface Comic Contest Discussion Thread

Please post any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the WoWInterface Comic Contest here

Dreadlorde 08-20-08 09:25 AM

I might actually try this. :)

Now, to come up with something funny..

Fireproof213 08-20-08 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde (Post 99541)
I might actually try this. :)

Now, to come up with something funny..

...wow that's exactly what I thought, I mean word for word...

Kallieen 08-20-08 02:42 PM

I have the funny part figured out...

...but my art skills are about 2 steps above 'stick figure' level. :(

Time to go pester my artistic friends!

Shirik 08-21-08 11:54 AM

Okay, I would have thought this would have gone without saying, but apparently not, so I'm going to reiterate one of the rules Cairenn posted:

All the artwork must be your own original work. No using copyright images!

Yes, we will be banning (and have already banned) users for uploading comics that they did not create. To be rather blunt, we're not stupid. If you've seen these comics, chances are we have too because we're just as much WoW addicts as you are.

Let's keep this contest fair -- the artwork must be yours! It doesn't have to be good (though that's definitely a plus!) but it DOES have to be yours. Aside from the obvious legal reasons, it's just more fun that way too!

Thanks,
-- Shirik

EDIT: To clarify what I'm talking about, if this applies to you then you'll KNOW it applies to you. I'm talking about the people that are taking entire comics off of fansites and using them as their own. If you aren't sure whether the above applies to you, it probably doesn't. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask :)

Seerah 08-21-08 12:41 PM

I'm sure they'll know if it applies to them or not, Shirik, if they actually draw a comic or if they copy/paste one. ;)

Also - any posts made in the submission thread that are not *submissions* will be moved or deleted. Shirik already asked nicely in that thread to keep discussion/etc here.

Icecoldcoke 08-21-08 03:07 PM

What happens if there aren't 20 entries... everyone that submits one wins? :P

I'm a horrible artist but I suppose I could try.

Edit: Can we make it in MS Paint?

Eas 08-21-08 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icecoldcoke (Post 99713)
Can we make it in MS Paint?

Ahahaha, that sounds awesome! Go for it!

Cairenn 08-21-08 04:58 PM

You can create it however you like. It just has to be your own work.

ezarra 08-22-08 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 99725)
You can create it however you like. It just has to be your own work.

Do we get to vote on them in this thread? Cuz I like Kaps' post, even though you have to be Old™ to get it, I guess.

I will not be drawing, we don't want to tempt those four horsemen... ;)

Cairenn 08-22-08 04:58 AM

You guys are welcome to comment (in this thread). WoWI staff are deciding the top 20.

Cogwheel 08-22-08 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duracel (Post 99830)
sadly MS paint is the only program I have... but I tried

You might want to try out Paint.Net. It's sort of halfway (or quarter-way) between Paint and Photoshop/GIMP/whatever. (and totally free)

Seerah 08-22-08 04:26 PM

Yep - or if you want all of the features of PhotoShop, GIMP (which Cog mentioned in his above post) is free also.

edit: or draw it by hand with your crayons and scan it into your computer!

Icecoldcoke 08-22-08 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 99847)
Yep - or if you want all of the features of PhotoShop, GIMP (which Cog mentioned in his above post) is free also.

edit: or draw it by hand with your crayons and scan it into your computer!

Colored pencils > Crayons.. but I do have the 64 pack crayons WITH a sharpener! :o

TomWolf 08-22-08 05:58 PM

Would love comments on my entry, it's the PEBKAC one...PEBKAC stands for Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair and is something used to describe a certain kind of customer between people working in tech support, also a nice thing to say to people who QQ about class X being to imba and in need of nerfs or that their own class has to many weaknesses (yes, I'm talking about your class!!!).

I got a few more ideas in a similar fashion as the one I posted.

Are we allowed to enter more then one comic? We are two people working on comics together, could we enter two comics as individuals? It would look strange since the style would be exactly the same.

Cairenn 08-22-08 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomWolf (Post 99860)
Are we allowed to enter more then one comic? We are two people working on comics together, could we enter two comics as individuals? It would look strange since the style would be exactly the same.

Yes you can enter multiple comics, to increase your chance of winning, but unfortunately we have to go with our "only one card per winner", whether that is a team of people or an individual. I'm sorry about that, but we have to have some way of making sure it isn't just one guy giving his buddy(s) credit so they both(all) can win.

TomWolf 08-22-08 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 99865)
Yes you can enter multiple comics, to increase your chance of winning, but unfortunately we have to go with our "only one card per winner", whether that is a team of people or an individual. I'm sorry about that, but we have to have some way of making sure it isn't just one guy giving his buddy(s) credit so they both(all) can win.

Ofc. that's totally understandable =) That's why I asked. Thanks for the quick response =)

Icecoldcoke 08-22-08 08:08 PM

I'm guessing we can't use anything from WoW.. I had a new idea but it wont go very well without a WoW character shown in it. Since that wouldn't be our own artwork. :/

I guess I could try and draw a WoW character hmm..

Cairenn 08-22-08 08:17 PM

Screenshots are okay

Icecoldcoke 08-22-08 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 99875)
Screenshots are okay

Well it's not so much of a screenshot.. it's mostly just the character.