WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   AddOn Dilemma (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55963)

Comicus 01-10-18 01:23 AM

AddOn Dilemma

I installed FastCast then deleted it after trying it. I liked the idea but didn't have the gear yet to really use it. Now I keep getting an error :

6308x Usage: local itemIDs = C_EquipmentSet.GetItemIDs(equipmentSetID)
[C]: in function `GetItemIDs'
...faceBlizzard_Deprecated\Deprecated_7_2_0.lua:152: in function `GetEquipmentSetItemIDs'
FastCast\FastCast-7.3.1.lua:112: in function `Run'
FastCast\FastCast-7.3.1.lua:146: in function `FastCast'
[string "FastCast('Haste', 'Resuscitate')"]:1: in main chunk
[C]: in function `RunScript'
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2061: in function `?'
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4512: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4180: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2759: in function <FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2752>
[C]: in function `UseAction'
FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:346: in function `handler'
FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:619: in function <FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:567>
[C]: ?
FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:264: in function <FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:261>
[C]: ?
FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:294: in function <FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:277>
(tail call): ?

Locals:
(*temporary) = "Usage: local itemIDs = C_EquipmentSet.GetItemIDs(equipmentSetID)"

any idea how to fix this ???

I deleted program, there wasn't any WTF file listed.

I ran a search for FastCast and can't find any reference to it on my computer.

Sent a message to the author of FastCast, no response yet.

Can't find how to get rid of:

FastCast\FastCast-7.3.1.lua:112: in function `Run'
FastCast\FastCast-7.3.1.lua:146: in function `FastCast'
[string "FastCast('Haste', 'Resuscitate')"]:1: in main chunk

located in the error.

Torhal 01-10-18 05:14 AM

That error message is telling you how to fix it.

Code:

6308x Usage: local itemIDs = C_EquipmentSet.GetItemIDs(equipmentSetID)
[C]: in function `GetItemIDs'
...faceBlizzard_Deprecated\Deprecated_7_2_0.lua:152: in function `GetEquipmentSetItemIDs'

That says "GetEquipmentSetItemID is deprecated. Use C_EquipmentSet.GetItemIDs instead."

Kanegasi 01-10-18 07:15 AM

Your WTF folder has nothing to do with installing or removing addons. Addons are installed in World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns. You need to delete the FastCast folder in that AddOns folder.

As a side note, that addon is completely unnecessary and I’m honestly confused as to why the author even updated it, or if they even notice it’s not actually doing anything. WoW has a built-in spell queue that automatically casts the next spell you’re trying to use at the end of the last cast or GCD. You can either mash the key or just time it right before the end of a cast or mid-GCD. The only thing that this doesn’t work with is channeled spells, which you can use the macro conditional [nochanneling] to prevent early cancels.

jeffy162 01-10-18 12:20 PM

If you don't (or didn't) use the Curse client (now the Twitch client) to uninstall the addon, you leave .lua and (occasionaly) .lua.bak files behind in the WTF folder. Perhaps that's what the op means. :o (specifically in the SavedVariables folder, or the character SavedVariables folder)

It should be noted here that I have absolutely no idea about what Minion does or doesn't leave behind.