WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Class Discussions (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   best pvp (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11477)

zathriel 07-29-07 09:22 AM

best pvp

this is obviously only going to be opinions but i have a few low level characters including a shadow priest and a lock.
for purely pvp purposes what class would be best all round ? im not talking about instances etc., but just for pvp :)

im trying to decide what to take all the way to 70.

zathriel 07-30-07 04:13 AM

no opinions?
i've asked a few of my friends on the net and opinion seems to be divided between locks n shadow priests about 50/50.

Zyonin 07-30-07 08:44 AM

L70 PvP? Shadow Priests and Warlocks give me heartburn. In the low level brackets (up to 40) Rogues and Hunters rule, after 40 the other classes start to shine. For single person PvP Shadow Priest and Warlock seem to be the way to go.

Sythalin 07-30-07 09:07 AM

IMO, affliction locks pretty much pwn all.

disiz 07-30-07 09:23 AM

Get a warrior :cool:

Geboran 07-30-07 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disiz
Get a warrior :cool:

Sure... if you have a dedicated healer to pvp with you. ;)

Dreadlorde 07-30-07 10:10 AM

Destruction warlocks do really good in PvP

BlackKnight6667 07-30-07 10:58 AM

Depends

Really depends on your ability level. As a rogue, in PVP I'm looking for a lock down, If I can get it, it does not matter what you are. If I fail to get you locked, then you may get me. Locks allways pose issues as most of the time if I don't get my jump on them, they kill me 20 seconds after I kill them... :

zathriel 07-30-07 05:04 PM

got a shadow priest at 21 and an affliction lock at 20.5
both have their good and bad points but least with a lock im not pestered to be a healer.
think i will carry my lock onto 70.
just wondering what is the best tree to use for levelling?

Sythalin 07-30-07 05:41 PM

Easiest leveling will be destruction spec.

Dreadlorde 07-30-07 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izadore
Easiest leveling will be destruction spec.

If you have a lot of mana.

Demoonology is a good elveling spec too.

Manaman 07-30-07 06:06 PM

You guys are both on crack. Destruction isn't even close to the best leveling build. Affliction is the best and demo comes close, but only after about 55, when you have the felguard and instant affliction. Destruction is never good for grinding. Destruction is mainly for 5 man, mediocre raid, and world/BG PVP. You are far too mana dependent with destro as well as being rather squishy, and you have to focus on int and crit more than the other 2 builds. With Affliction you will only have to focus on stamina and spell damage and only shadow spell damage, so you can gear up easily while leveling.

zathriel 08-01-07 01:46 PM

well , my aff lock is working out nicely :)
lev22 and i took out a 25 bloodelf mage with ease not long ago and before that i ran into two high lev horde in duskwood so just went for it.
i did not survive long but at least i annoyed them , feared both n sent my tank to fight the druid , then the rogue took me out with one hit :)