WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   RiftUI is now Open (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40388)

Cairenn 06-03-11 06:43 PM

RiftUI is now Open

Dolby and I are happy to announce that RiftUI is now open, for those members of our community that are playing Rift as well.

vivianalive 06-03-11 08:27 PM

So we are gonna play Rift, as some members of the community are already on it.
I see too many excellent add-ons discontinued nowadays.
Hope the experience with Rift would be funny.

Sythalin 06-03-11 09:22 PM

I know I'll be converting some of my projects over. First on the list: AutoNo. ;)

TheNiceBigFella 06-03-11 11:42 PM

Much love and respect to the staff here and all that in which is provided... But why is this being posted as a news topic on a World of Warcraft site. Call me dedicated WoW'er, but I come to this site for WoW stuff, not Rift.

Dolby 06-04-11 12:15 AM

This is an AddOn site... sure its for wow but many other people play other games too. Nothing wrong with playing more than one MMO. We want to let our AddOn creators and lovers know that we will have a site for it.

Coote 06-04-11 12:47 AM

I might give it another try, but lately I've been having little time for wow lately as it is.

neolith 06-04-11 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 238722)
Yes, we will be having a site for it as well. We hope to have it go live by Monday or Tuesday of next week. Keep an eye out here for the announcement. In the meantime, feel free to come join us in our #RiftUIDev irc channel on Freenode.

Aweseome - thanks Cairenn! :)

Seerah 06-04-11 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 (Post 238753)
I might give it another try, but lately I've been having little time for wow lately as it is.

Play moar! :D

Coote 06-04-11 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 238773)
Play moar! :D

I want to, but RL sucks. D:

AlleyKat 06-04-11 10:47 AM

Lol, I just back to the wow from the Rift, and don`t want try it again :(

Aprikot 06-04-11 10:47 AM

I'm just starting to get the hang of this API. :p

I am headed over to d/l the trial though...anyone here enjoying Rift play? Do MMOUI folks hang out on a particular server?

jlrm365 06-05-11 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNiceBigFella (Post 238751)
Much love and respect to the staff here and all that in which is provided... But why is this being posted as a news topic on a World of Warcraft site. Call me dedicated WoW'er, but I come to this site for WoW stuff, not Rift.

Agreed. Take the rift information elsewhere, if you expect to keep users.

It says wow interface, not rift interface.

Of course there's no harm in playing and discussing other games, but put such information in an "other games" / "other" category.

It certainly isn't news fit for a wow based site.

Seerah 06-05-11 07:26 PM

I will repeat what Dolby said above. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 238752)
This is an AddOn site... sure its for wow but many other people play other games too. Nothing wrong with playing more than one MMO. We want to let our AddOn creators and lovers know that we will have a site for it.

We didn't think that we would lose users by informing them of our decision to create a Rift addon site. We certainly have never had this reaction in the past when posting news about other games that our users would be interested in - especially when about our site (or our parent company, ZAM) supporting those games.

Torhal 06-06-11 02:24 AM

It's also not like this is happening on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. The hostility is rather confusing.

Lily.Petal 06-06-11 03:12 AM

Hm, any of you playing on the same server? I wouldn't mind trying to give it ago :>

Unkn 06-06-11 11:16 PM

Randomness to add here... Wtb the ability to use my login here on the RiftUI site :) Or maybe I am just blonde and I haven't figured out how to do that.

Cairenn 06-06-11 11:50 PM

When you first log in over there, use your email address that you used to create your account here. :)

Ketho 06-07-11 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 238927)
When you first log in over there, use your email address that you used to create your account here. :)

Oh, I just created a new RiftUI account with the exact same email address I use on WoWI :s

Didn't know you could just login with the same account or email address :(

Unkn 06-07-11 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn
When you first log in over there, use your email address that you used to create your account here.

I tried. It didn't work, so ah well. I've now got one that looks exactly the same over there with the same info :)

Tntdruid 06-08-11 04:45 AM

cool stuff :)