WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Starcraft 2 UI request (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16335)

UberDonut 05-16-08 09:10 PM

Starcraft 2 UI request

I was hoping that someone could make a look-a-like Starcraft 2 UI (protoss). Same color scheme and everything.
Example screenshot:
http://starcraft2.com/images/screenshots/ss3-hires.jpg

septor 05-16-08 09:14 PM

Would be pretty easy to do. Cropping the textures out would be the only hard part.

UberDonut 05-16-08 09:20 PM

I figured that would be the case but I'm not skilled at all when it comes to photoshop nor do I have any idea how to do anything with textures and all that stuff. :(

septor 05-16-08 10:05 PM

I can make a mean spray painted circled in MS Paint, but that's about as far as my skill goes.

UberDonut 05-18-08 06:24 AM

I was able to find one on curse, but it doesn't work and it's backwards so even if it did work I would have gone crazy using it. :(
Hopefully some SC fan will be up to the task <3

blessedarkangel 05-18-08 06:31 PM

We can do it.. we have the technology.. we can make it stronger .. better faster..

everything in my UI would let you customize it like that.. I just dont have thetime cause im still working on mine tweaking it out.. otherwise i would lol

Elloria 05-18-08 06:39 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

I think i could do it. I did a version of the other warcraft interfaces from warcraft 3 why not this! Gimme a few i may have somethin for ya that looks like fun:cool:

Ive never played starcraft before would someone mind editing that screenshot and kindof pointing out what each thing is. Having a hard time determining whats what there.

MidgetMage55 05-18-08 06:59 PM

Elloria is on the case! **cues heroic theme music** :banana:

UberDonut 05-18-08 07:19 PM

Hmm, well basically what I'd like to see is:

That bottom part. So it'd pretty much be a template for placing things. I use simpleminimap and sldatatext and other mods to move everything around to where I like them. Just edit out that minimap (obviously my minimap will go there), make everything that same blue in the middle part with the information about the Warp Ray (I'd be putting my action bars and whatnot there), and that small box where the Protoss guy is should just be all black (Either my party health bars or omen or buffs will go there, still not sure on that one), and I'm not sure what I think should be done to the right side, heh.

Oh and, I'm not sure if it matters but I play at 1680 x 1050 (widescreen) resolution. Not sure if it would make it look all messed up if it wasn't saved at a certain resolution or not. =/

Elloria 05-25-08 12:26 AM

Question guys. I plan to start on this shortly but i want to start with some cleaner art. Do any of you have a copy of starcraft that can extract the interface files from and send them to me? plus i noticed that starcraft had two different interface themes did you want the one that you linked or the other one?

MidgetMage55 05-25-08 02:48 AM

Those screen caps are from SC 2 which isnt out as of yet. Would be up to the OP if they wish to use the older SC 1 art.

Kaomie 05-25-08 05:14 PM

If you have the art source files at a pretty decent resolution, it should be easy to just drop it into some eePanels.

CLUMOs and SPOONFIREs damnit!

UberDonut 05-26-08 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaomie (Post 91882)
CLUMOs and SPOONFIREs damnit!

Omg I agree

Kaomie 05-27-08 04:56 PM

Okay so if we want to do it from the picture posted, it will not be easy to get a clean extrusion done. Some borders seems a bit blur or aliased (bottom-left and bottom-right of the main window pane, probably an effect on purpose but annoying to cut). Also the top of the bar is semi-transparent with a background so it is almost impossible to get a good extract there.

At that point it would probably be easier to just draw it again from scratch, vector-based, following the look and feel of the existing.

Elloria 05-29-08 09:45 PM

Alright so ive finally got a moment to sit down and mess around with this. Do you want mods in it already or just the bare minimum?

Because i seriously have no problem doing a totally tricked out starcraft ui complete with all the bells and whistles :P

Seerah 05-29-08 09:49 PM

I thought there would be the blue or whatever backgrounds in those panels, instead of having holes in them?

Elloria 05-29-08 09:54 PM

oh yea def i just started a few mins ago. Ill be adding alot more i was just showing the beginning of a cool ui hehe. Still need the blueish background behind the panels and what not. Just would like to know the general consensus of mods. such as doing the unit frames and bag mods, etc.:cool: Once i get some answers ill be starting on everything but if its just the basic bare bones of the ui needed for the art then i can just upload it tonight because its pretty much done. just needs some touch ups on the hard edges

UberDonut 05-29-08 11:44 PM

Oh man that's amazing! Bare minimum is good, I already have a ton of mods to fill it up.
And the blue backround things would be nice but otherwise that's awesome!

Elloria 05-29-08 11:57 PM

Well here ill just upload on file front the eepanels and what not but i will be making a starcraft themed ui if you want to use that your more then welcome too

http://files.filefront.com/starcraft.../fileinfo.html

muahahah

Petrah 05-30-08 03:45 AM

Damn Elloria, that's nice!