WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need help with addon (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50671)

10leej 12-04-14 11:49 PM

Need help with addon

Ok this isn't just another "PHANX WRITE MY ADDON FOR ME PLZ! IMAGINARY BACON OFFERRED!!!!

Made Phanx look :D

Phanx 12-05-14 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 301790)
PHANX WRITE MY ADDON FOR ME PLZ! IMAGINARY BACON OFFERRED!!!!

L2 SPELL NOOB ... also, at the risk of blaspheming against the Almighty Internet, I don't really like bacon. >_>

Talyrius 12-05-14 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 301797)
I don't really like bacon.

Heresy... Grab your torches and pitchforks folks—we have a heretic to burn at the stake! :D

10leej 12-05-14 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyrius (Post 301799)
Heresy... Grab your torches and pitchforks folks—we have a heretic to burn at the stake! :D

I'm all out of torches though.......

JDoubleU00 12-06-14 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 301851)
I'm all out of torches though.......

Don't we use smartphones with pictures of torches? No bacon? Well, everyone has to have some flaws. :)

10leej 12-06-14 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocnroll (Post 301854)
Don't we use smartphones with pictures of torches? No bacon? Well, everyone has to have some flaws. :)

I'm one of the few people that refuse to get a smartphone.

Phanx 12-06-14 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 301863)
I'm one of the few people that refuse to get a smartphone.

I only have one because my non-smartphone broke and my family (who already paid for my non-smartphone, or else I wouldn't bother having one of those either) decided enough was enough, and bought me one. It was kind of exciting at first -- holy ****, I can check the forums without a computer, awesome! -- but now it's really just a glorified MP3 player that also provides a few handy procrastination features.

Cairenn 12-06-14 08:31 AM

Quote:

But, I have better things to do with steak. Like wrap it in bacon then cook it!

;)

Banknorris 12-06-14 11:58 AM

Quote:

I don't really like bacon. >_>

I don't know why, but for some odd reason that sounded to me as: "I am not a fat girl and I am hot".;)

Phanx 12-06-14 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banknorris (Post 301895)
I don't know why, but for some odd reason that sounded to me as: "I am not a fat girl and I am hot".;)

Yeah, 'cause that's all that matters, right? :rolleyes:

10leej 12-06-14 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 301907)

Now hold on, lets not start that here. We all know that hollywood want hot girls to be all that atters in life.

Phanx 12-06-14 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 301909)
We all know that hollywood want hot girls to be all that atters in life.

Sorry, pizza and burritos beat thigh gaps and protruding hip bones any day, hands down.

Also, what about the hot guys? Those are way more interesting that hot girls... especially if you put a few of them together... and take off their pants... NOW KISS!

10leej 12-06-14 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 301910)
Sorry, pizza and burritos beat thigh gaps and protruding hip bones any day, hands down.

Also, what about the hot guys? Those are way more interesting that hot girls... especially if you put a few of them together... and take off their pants... NOW KISS!

mmmm I don't SEE THAT ON MY TV NOW DO I!

Phanx 12-06-14 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 301911)
mmmm I don't SEE THAT ON MY TV NOW DO I!

Clearly you're subscribing to the wrong channels.

Ketho 12-06-14 02:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

L2 SPELL NOOB ... also, at the risk of blaspheming against the Almighty Internet, I don't really like bacon. >_>

BURN THE WITCH

All hail Tekkub for he has shown us the Light~ :)

10leej 12-06-14 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 301912)
Clearly you're subscribing to the wrong channels.

I don't have a TV subscription antennae only

JDoubleU00 12-06-14 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 301874)
But, I have better things to do with steak. Like wrap it in bacon then cook it!

;)

:banana::banana::banana:
My kind of woman (who probably has either a black belt or large SO).

JDoubleU00 12-06-14 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 301907)

Hot is in the eye of the beholder. So not all anorexic girls are hot to me. Besides being able to carry on a conversation is way more important to me.

Phanx 12-06-14 06:45 PM

Bacon is just too crunchy... dry crunchy things != food. And chewy bacon is just weird. Canadian bacon, though, that is good... does that count? It has the word "bacon" in the title!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocnroll (Post 301922)
Hot is in the eye of the beholder. So not all anorexic girls are hot to me.

Yeah, I just found it amusingly absurd that someone reads a forum post about a food preference, and not only immediately jumps to conclusions about what I must look like, but also feels the need to share that thought. :p

Banknorris 12-06-14 07:37 PM

I agree with you that some thoughts are too weird to be shared. But, that thought was not my "real" thought, that was just a "shareble" version of it. My "real" thought was that you had an evil plan: "How to tell people that I am hot without looking snooty?"
Then after hours (days?) thinking about it, you finally found a solution:
"Whenever someone makes a bacon joke with me, I will tell them that I don't really like bacon because everyone, but top models, like bacon, so... they have no choice but concluding that I am a top model (and I am). They are programmers after all, and programmers have a flawless sense of logic.":eek:
But I was smart enough to not publish such an idea because otherwise people would think I am nuts.:cool:

Talyrius 12-07-14 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banknorris (Post 301944)
But I was smart enough to not publish such an idea because otherwise people would think I am nuts.:cool:

Well, you just did. Now, we all think you're nuts. Good job. ;)

Phanx 12-07-14 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banknorris (Post 301944)
My "real" thought was that you had an evil plan: "How to tell people that I am hot without looking snooty?"

Haha. Well, for one, I'm pretty sure nobody anywhere has ever gotten fat solely from eating too much bacon. Have you ever tried to over-eat meat? And I mean actual meat, not "meat products" like hot dogs and McDonald's burgers. You just can't do it, unless there's something medically wrong with you. :p

For two, I still don't understand the thought process that interprets "doesn't like bacon" as "must be hot". I'm sure there are plenty of fat people who don't like bacon, and there are also plenty of people who aren't fat who are also not "hot" by popular standards.

Finally, if I'd wanted to tell people something about my appearance, I'd have just said it, or posted a picture of myself. If you've read much of my forum posting history, you'd know that I'm not one to beat around the bush. If I want you to know something, trust me, you'll know.

And though I don't like bacon, I do love steak, fried chicken, pizza, cheesecake, and ice cream. I also love salmon, fresh fruit, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

10leej 12-08-14 12:21 AM

I'd like to say I'm hot, but we all know hats a lie.

Phanx 12-08-14 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 302007)
I'd like to say I'm hot, but we all know hats a lie.

Yeah, it's winter and you're in the midwest (if I remember correctly). I bet you even have snow there!

humfras 12-08-14 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 301998)
For two, I still don't understand the thought process that interprets "doesn't like bacon" as "must be hot". I'm sure there are plenty of fat people who don't like bacon, and there are also plenty of people who aren't fat who are also not "hot" by popular standards.

Finally, if I'd wanted to tell people something about my appearance, I'd have just said it, or posted a picture of myself. If you've read much of my forum posting history, you'd know that I'm not one to beat around the bush. If I want you to know something, trust me, you'll know.

Thy wish was father, Banknorris, to that thought. :cool:

Please Phanx, don't tell us too much about yourself, it would be devastating.
I like to think of you as the friendly, slightly frightening, douchebag-bashing Cat-Lady.
(... in a cat suit ?!)

On a side note, I hate bacon. I prefer ham / gammon.
http://userealbutter.com/2009/03/02/...shrimp-recipe/

Phanx 12-08-14 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfras (Post 302015)
(... in a cat suit ?!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfras (Post 302015)
On a side note, I hate bacon. I prefer ham / gammon.
http://userealbutter.com/recipe_phot...ed-shrimp5.jpg

"error 404 - can't find the page you are looking for" but that's okay, shrimp are icky. They don't actually taste bad, but I can't get over the fact that they look like (and basically are) GIANT INSECTS. *shudder* However, I certainly agree with the title of that site, and am pretty sure I've used recipes from it before.

humfras 12-08-14 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 302020)
"error 404 - can't find the page you are looking for"

Changed link to the actual recipe.

Is that you in the picture? ;-P

So maybe I wasn't wrong thinking about you as a foxy lady...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 302020)
shrimp are icky. They don't actually taste bad, but I can't get over the fact that they look like (and basically are) GIANT INSECTS. *shudder* However, I certainly agree with the title of that site, and am pretty sure I've used recipes from it before.

Yeah, eating insects is icky. Let's eat an animal that genes are 90% identical to ours...

Yours,
Wolf Stirfry

Phanx 12-08-14 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfras (Post 302024)
Is that you in the picture? ;-P

Haha, no, it's just a picture I found on Imgur a while back and saved because it reminded me of my old roommate, who was quite a weird guy. I don't know that he was actually a furry, as he never said anything about his, um, preferences at all (well, other than wanting to lick Stephen Colbert, but I'm not sure that was meant to be taken literally) but for some reason I just made the association, and every time I see anything about furries, I think of him. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfras (Post 302024)
Let's eat an animal that genes are 90% identical to ours...

Let's eat an animal whose genes are 100% identical to ours!

humfras 12-08-14 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 302025)
Let's eat an animal whose genes are 100% identical to ours!

Werewolves?

Because dogs and wolves are only up to 85% genetically identical to humans ;)

Phanx 12-08-14 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfras (Post 302032)
Werewolves?

Hi, welcome to the Internet! You seem to be new around here!

SDPhantom 12-08-14 07:08 PM

How many bears can Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

10leej 12-09-14 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 302008)
Yeah, it's winter and you're in the midwest (if I remember correctly). I bet you even have snow there!

Actually no all we're getting in Ohio is rain and lots and lots of wind. It's also mildly warm hasn't been below 40 degress in daylight in four weeks. Nights get a little chilly but only 28-30 degress.

JDoubleU00 12-09-14 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 302108)
Actually no all we're getting in Ohio is rain and lots and lots of wind. It's also mildly warm hasn't been below 40 degress in daylight in four weeks. Nights get a little chilly but only 28-30 degress.

Michigan is not much better. Phanx's menu sounds fine except the cantaloupe. This thread has taken quite a few turns. :)

Duugu 12-09-14 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 301998)
And though I don't like bacon, I do love steak, fried chicken, pizza, cheesecake, and ice cream. I also love salmon, fresh fruit, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

That's easy. Searching for I do love steak, fried chicken, pizza, cheesecake, and ice cream reveals

Must be you. :D

[e] I like your dog.
[e2] Is that BLUE hair? :)

Phanx 12-09-14 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 302108)

Here in California we've been stuck between about 55 and 65 around the clock. Last week we had a bunch of rain, but other that nothing is happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duugu (Post 302139)
[e] I like your dog.
[e2] Is that BLUE hair? :)

I don't like dogs. They smell bad, they're annoying, and they're endlessly needy. Cats are much better. They don't need you at all, and they don't smell, even when wet. Plus they're much softer and make much cuter sounds.

I did dye my hair (purple) once as a teenager. It was a lot of work. I never bothered doing it again.

10leej 12-09-14 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocnroll (Post 302111)
Michigan is not much better. Phanx's menu sounds fine except the cantaloupe. This thread has taken quite a few turns. :)

It seems all the threads I post in do.....

Quote:

I don't like dogs. They smell bad, they're annoying, and they're endlessly needy. Cats are much better. They don't need you at all, and they don't smell, even when wet. Plus they're much softer and make much cuter sounds.

I did dye my hair (purple) once as a teenager. It was a lot of work. I never bothered doing it again.
My cat needs me in his life. Without me there would be no one to play with.

Also why, purple?

Phanx 12-09-14 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 302180)
Also why, purple?

It matched my furry purple leopard print pants.

10leej 12-10-14 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 302182)
It matched my furry purple leopard print pants.

I always wanted purple pants.... Now I want furry purple pants. Though I dunno about leopard print........ I might pass on that.

Also why is it that you are almost always on the website Phanx I mean dont you ever sleep?

Phanx 12-10-14 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 302183)
Also why is it that you are almost always on the website Phanx I mean dont you ever sleep?

I just slept for about 20 hours in a row. Now I'll be awake for about 35 hours in a row. Someday I'll get a real person job and have to keep a real person sleep schedule, but for now my job is not that serious (offset by the pay also being very un-serious) and I can do what I want.

sirann 12-10-14 07:52 AM

If they would have put that cake square on the open side of the tray it would have been like the yin and yang of type two diabetes.

Phanx 12-10-14 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirann (Post 302200)
... the yin and yang of type two diabetes.

I thought surely there must be an image better suited to that, but a Google Images search for "diabetes yin yang" brings up, on the first screen:

- a bunch of scientific diagrams,
- a few pixelly pictures of Chinese characters,
- a few basic yin/yang symbols,
- one tattoo of someone who tattooed their wrist with both the yin/yang symbol and the word "diabetes" in blackletter script,
- a photo of a floral print hand purse (possibly the least useful type of purse imaginable) with a yin/yang symbol patch, and
- one scan of a snippet of an article about medical marijuana in Florida.

I think that's the biggest disappointment I've ever had on Google Images. :(

sirann 12-10-14 09:34 AM

Well, if the results were not what one expected with any google based search, one can assume it was the first time, or maybe one of the first times, that phrase was ever searched. Or quite simply there is no yin and yang to diabetes, only yin-sulin.

10leej 12-10-14 01:21 PM

At this point I wonder how many people clicked on this thread wondering if I actually needed help with something...........

JDoubleU00 12-10-14 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 302226)
At this point I wonder how many people clicked on this thread wondering if I actually needed help with something...........

You do, but this site can't help you with mental issues. :)

10leej 12-10-14 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocnroll (Post 302227)
You do, but this site can't help you with mental issues. :)

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Apparently we only get to use 10 images in posts wth

Seerah 12-10-14 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 302184)

@#$* you, cake-cutter person!

GAHHHH!!!!

10leej 12-10-14 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 302240)

GAHHHH!!!!

It's not even in the exact middle it's clearly south

SDPhantom 12-11-14 03:31 AM

What's even stranger, from the contour of the icing on the cake and piece on the plate, that piece did not come from that spot on the cake.

Duugu 12-11-14 07:21 AM

Questions? :D

Phanx 12-11-14 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 302240)

GAHHHH!!!!

Just for you, I'm going to make lasagna and cut it that way and post a picture. :D

myrroddin 12-11-14 02:37 PM

Mmmmm lasagna!

Speaking of Phanx, I do my best not to think about what she looks like. I don't have hang ups like that. But if I did, she might look something like this.

Phanx 12-11-14 03:08 PM

I guess I might have looked something like that at age 14 if I'd had anime hair... and also if someone had zapped me with a Seerah-sizing ray. ^_^

JDoubleU00 12-11-14 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 302288)
I guess I might have looked something like that at age 14 if I'd had anime hair... and also if someone had zapped me with a Seerah-sizing ray. ^_^

Heh. How about this?

Phanx 12-11-14 10:26 PM

Nice amateur airbrushing. You overshot the age a bit, though I think it's probably closer than the first picture... but it looks even less like me than the first one. This is a fun game. :D

JDoubleU00 12-11-14 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 302311)
Nice amateur airbrushing. You overshot the age a bit, though I think it's probably closer than the first picture... but it looks even less like me than the first one. This is a fun game. :D

I didn't airbrush. It came that way. Hmm, too old for this one and too young for the previous. A fun game indeed. Quickly Watson! The picture is afoot!

Torhal 12-11-14 10:49 PM

I've met her, at BlizzCon 2013. She looks like an AddOn Author.

Phanx 12-11-14 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 302315)
She looks like an AddOn Author.

According to Google, that makes me either:
(a) some kind of combination intravenous drug + stress ball user,
(b) an anime character who really likes tiny pandas, or
(c) surrounded by flying money.
... Yet another search with unexpected and extremely boring results.

10leej 12-11-14 11:24 PM

I look like I would be the last guy you would expect to be an add-on author.

JDoubleU00 12-12-14 02:31 AM

Quote:

Hints? :) ...

Banknorris 12-12-14 04:59 AM

Quote:

In this case she probably looks like Torhal, just replace beard with breasts, done.