WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Map opens instead of Quest (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56435)

digitalwonder 07-24-18 08:32 PM

Map opens instead of Quest

Anytime Carbonite(alpha version for 8.0) is active whether it is active by itself or amongst other addons, it opens the Carbonite map instead of the Quest Log. I have reset my key bindings & deleted all of Carbonite before reinstalling it. I have tested the same in the beta (I know, not exactly compatible)

ircdirk 07-25-18 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalwonder (Post 328952)
Anytime Carbonite(alpha version for 8.0) is active whether it is active by itself or amongst other addons, it opens the Carbonite map instead of the Quest Log. I have reset my key bindings & deleted all of Carbonite before reinstalling it. I have tested the same in the beta (I know, not exactly compatible)

Please update too latest alpha.

digitalwonder 07-25-18 06:57 PM

I did this. I even went as far as reinstalling the game whereas the game folders were then deleted. I used the github version after using the alpha version from curse. When I tested with the latest from github, it was the only addon installed.

digitalwonder 07-25-18 08:41 PM

update: if I enable Carbonite Quest or any other quest addon, the quest log will appear normally. However, if I use carbonite & Carbonite Quest, then the map will show on the first keypress then on the second, it will close(as normal) and will finally open correctly on the 3rd keypress. I never bothered to re-enable Carbonite Quest since it was mentioned that the Map was the main focus

ircdirk 07-25-18 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalwonder (Post 328995)
update: if I enable Carbonite Quest or any other quest addon, the quest log will appear normally. However, if I use carbonite & Carbonite Quest, then the map will show on the first keypress then on the second, it will close(as normal) and will finally open correctly on the 3rd keypress. I never bothered to re-enable Carbonite Quest since it was mentioned that the Map was the main focus

Allready fixed.

Fizgig1973 07-30-18 11:32 PM

I uninstalled Carbonite Maps completely, installed the latest alpha today, and disabled all other addons. It's still loading the map for me instead of the Quests.

ircdirk 07-31-18 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizgig1973 (Post 329207)
I uninstalled Carbonite Maps completely, installed the latest alpha today, and disabled all other addons. It's still loading the map for me instead of the Quests.

Update Quests module also to Alpha version then check if alt+L shows Carbonite Quests log if yes then change it in Carbonite Quests module options.

Svegan 07-31-18 08:08 PM

Changing twitch to get Alphas

On all the addons I run, including Carbonite, I have gone into the options for each addon, by right clicking the addon name, and change the release type to Alpha. Once I did that, a lot of my addons updated to 8.01 and started working, including carbonite. Hope this helps

Fizgig1973 08-01-18 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 329208)
Update Quests module also to Alpha version then check if alt+L shows Carbonite Quests log if yes then change it in Carbonite Quests module options.

Had previously been running the Alpha releases. But the latest fixed it for me today.

Thank you kindly.