WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dev Tools (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Mock up off-line ? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10427)

Maalpractis 06-06-07 11:24 PM

Mock up off-line ?

I was just wondering, is it possible to arrange the pieces of a UI without being logged in to the game ? What I mean by this is, is there a program or something that allows moving the pieces of a UI around so that you can try different arrangements ? Once you have a set up you like could save the WTF information and plug it in so when you log on, the UI is already set up and rdy to go.

ReverendD 06-07-07 12:15 AM

I would not mind seeing something that allows this.

Voonka 06-07-07 12:39 AM

My Best Guess...

I would imagine that theres a way to make a utility like that, but I would also imagine that since most of the info that your UI uses is loaded on demand from a server, it would be difficult to replicate not only the load order, but also you would have to dummy up every file. I wouldn't doubt that this is makeable; I just doubt anyone wants to spend that much time on a tool. That is at the very minimum a project worthy of someone as selfless as mazzlefizz or seerah, as far as this site is concerned. I would recommend checking on other mod forums and speaking to authors.

Dreadlorde 06-24-07 08:43 AM

I want this.

Someone with no life and know java needs to make one.

Avelina[BL] 06-24-07 09:10 AM

Seems like a large amount of work when you can simply log into WoW and play with your UI to your hearts content...

Sajomatic 06-24-07 01:31 PM

onm
(too short)

Dreadlorde 06-24-07 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avelina[BL]
Seems like a large amount of work when you can simply log into WoW and play with your UI to your hearts content...

it adds to your played time though.

MidgetMage55 06-24-07 08:50 PM

In theory you can use alts for the bulk of it, liyttle lvl ones you dont plan to keep, then save the raiding type stuff for mains =)

clownboi 07-03-07 12:34 AM

well my question or actually just a sugestion, wouldn't it be easier to use a private server to work on the bulk of the main code then the little tweaks that require blizzard server files to be used on an alt or something of the likeness. Now raiding tweaks of course would have to be on a bliz server seeing as how most of the DKP points and what not would have to be realistic instead of just scenario raids. But thats just my sugestion. :D

Cladhaire 06-21-09 06:16 AM

I have removed the discussion about private servers from this thread. Do not discuss them on this site. Thank you.

SDPhantom 07-02-09 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde (Post 58611)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Avelina[BL] (Post 58574)

it adds to your played time though.

I don't see why that makes any difference, I spent hours on end every day with some of my main chars, testing and debugging addons while I was writing them.