WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cladhaire's Mods (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7782)

Cladhaire 01-01-07 06:16 PM

PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help

Please use this thread to discuss the PerfectRaid 2.0 beta release.

mar 01-01-07 06:48 PM

Looking good, Clad - the buff/debuff system is awesome.

Can't wait for the custom frame editor.

Delvaz 01-01-07 08:10 PM

Everything looks good. The main thing I am missing at this point is the sorting by groups as opposed to by class but this is a great start. Thanks for you work on this.

Cladhaire 01-01-07 08:22 PM

Again, that's something that really need to wait until Blizzard gives us template support. Thanks.

Muricas 01-01-07 09:12 PM

Ah yes, seeing this update made my day.

My only concern is, and I know this is only a beta, "get your fix for now" update, but there doesn't seem to be any options for the number of columns yet. I miss my single-column setup >.<

Is this something that will require the new templates?

Thanks again, Cladhaire, for this much-needed update. I look forward to future updates :D

Cladhaire 01-01-07 09:16 PM

Yes, that's exactly what needs the new templates.

Infernia 01-01-07 10:47 PM

Comments

I suppose the class sorting and stuff like that will come in further versions? And to be able to lock the unitframes as well. Btw. Is it possible also to make the players health/manabar to the same type of frame that everything else is in?

This is looking very good! Wow has'nt been the same without PR. REALLY missed it. REfused to raid because of the new patch :P And for me who is colorblind it's really great! Much more easier to see what classes are who, and so on. not messy like CT mod. Just clean and easy to use. :)

Keep up the good work mate. I would have donated some cash to you if I had a working creditcard. Lost it while i were out on the town a couple of weeks ago. :(

Cladhaire 01-01-07 10:56 PM

As someone who's colorblind, if there's anything more I can do, symbols, anything.. please let me know.. I'm very into making information as accessible as possible.

Infernia 01-01-07 11:05 PM

Im colorblind the way that i can be confused with colors like red and brown besides eachother. If you look at CT there are like 5 colors for each player in total. with the health, mana, background etc etc. What I loved about perfect raid were the option to just remove the manabar, and had the classes sorted. I know you need the templates for that. Hope you get em soon. Great mod! Just love it!

Dont think i can come up with anything else. I'll probably be able to give you some new ideas for it later after i've started using it again. :) Thanks for a great mod Cladhaire!

Itania 01-02-07 04:26 AM

Hello,

I've see there is no localization at this time, can I help by translating the localization.enUS file ?

Edit : localization needed for the range check and debuff display also.

Isheria 01-02-07 04:49 AM

Hello

How do i move the frames? Didn't figure it out yet and some help would be appreciated :)

Ceph 01-02-07 08:26 AM

Yeah, my favourite raid-addon is back! Awesome work, Cladhaire!!!

I've been testing it for several hours now, and I so far found no bugs that were not already mentioned at you google code page. Anaway, I have a few 'optical' suggestions:

What I appreciated highly with in the pre-2.0-version is that the health bars were not that 'bold':

the old layout...

...compared to the new one

I think this made kind of the 'look and feel' of PerfectRaid :-) and saved a great amount of space in the interface.
Furthermore, I think it would be nice to have again some kind of highlight for the player you point at.

By the way: Let me know if u need help with the german translation.

to Isheria:
Frames can be moved by dragging the health bars.

Cladhaire 01-02-07 09:19 AM

Absolutely. You can localise the Localization.en.us.lua file, and there are some reason display things which also need to be localized. I'll try to pull those out today. Babelfish.lua is used to generate the Localization.enUS.lua file.

secutanudu 01-02-07 09:48 AM

Is there a quick way to enable/disable the showing of a specific buff other than deleting it or recreating it? Sometimes I'll stick Shadow Prot or something up there temporarily for a specific fight to see who still needs the buff but then remove it afterwards.

Also, i assume the options will exist eventually to hide group numbers and get rid of spacing between groups?

Cladhaire 01-02-07 09:52 AM

I'll add an option for the first one (not sure where i'm gonna put it.. hrm). Yes, the frame display will become much more customizable.

Cladhaire 01-02-07 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceph
Yeah, my favourite raid-addon is back! Awesome work, Cladhaire!!!

I've been testing it for several hours now, and I so far found no bugs that were not already mentioned at you google code page. Anaway, I have a few 'optical' suggestions:

What I appreciated highly with in the pre-2.0-version is that the health bars were not that 'bold':

the old layout...

...compared to the new one

I think this made kind of the 'look and feel' of PerfectRaid :-) and saved a great amount of space in the interface.
Furthermore, I think it would be nice to have again some kind of highlight for the player you point at.

By the way: Let me know if u need help with the german translation.

To be honest, what I'd like to have is an in-game visual editor that lets you define the layout of the frame. We'll see where I get with that, but that would allow you to change the height/width or any of the elements with relative ease. I may slim down the bars in a bit, but I'm trying to find the best compromise =)

Aflat 01-02-07 10:32 AM

mana?

Is there a way to show the mana bars currently? Being an innervating druid, I like to see mana bars instead of the Low mana warning. If its not there yet I understand, its the only thing holding me back from it right now as I couldn't see how to enable them if they were ready yet.

Yonk 01-02-07 10:34 AM

looks great so far ! and when blizz adds the templatesupport it will be even better

thanks for your hard work and dont listen to all those "when will it be ready"-whiners.
when its ready it will be soon enough =)

Cladhaire 01-02-07 10:34 AM

Look for the following code in PerfectRaid.lua
Uncomment the bar:Hide() line:

Code:

local bar = CreateFrame("StatusBar", nil, button.healthbar)
        bar:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", 0, 0)
        bar:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0)
        bar:SetHeight(2)
        bar:SetStatusBarTexture("Interface\\AddOns\\PerfectRaid\\images\\smooth")
        button.manabar = bar
        bar:Hide()

Gungolf 01-02-07 11:07 AM

When in /praid in section Buffs/Debuffs:

1. select the first or second buff/debuff
2. scroll down to the bottom so the selected buff/debuff has scrolled out of the window
3. klick another buff/debuff
4. klick OK to get rid of the error-frame

This works vice versa to, i.e. first a buff from the bottom then scroll up... The selected buff needs to be out of view.

leethal 01-02-07 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Yes, that's exactly what needs the new templates.

Any additional info on this?

Cladhaire 01-02-07 11:09 AM

Thanks for the bug report.

mar 01-02-07 11:16 AM

A friend of mine changed one line of code and voila, 1 row.

From
Code:

PRHeader5:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", PRHeader1, "TOPRIGHT", 10, 0)
To
Code:

PRHeader5:SetPoint("TOP", PRHeader4, "BOTTOM", 0, -20)

Ceph 01-02-07 11:25 AM

What do you mean, "1 row"? o_O

mar 01-02-07 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceph
What do you mean, "1 row"? o_O

By default its 2 rows (group 1-4 in row 1, group 5-8 in row 2) - if you change the line I quoted above you get the "old" perfectraid setup.

Gungolf 01-02-07 11:36 AM

I guess that would be called "columns"... ;)

Cladhaire 01-02-07 11:55 AM

Actually in the new setup you'll be able to do columns, and rows =)

citrate 01-02-07 12:08 PM

Four things:

1 - Thank you for the release, even if it is a work-in-progress. I am thrilled to be trying this out.

2 - When someone goes offline it shows up that they are missing buffs (presumably because I don't see them because they are offline). Can the routines be changed to ignore checking for buffs/debuffs when someone is offline?

3 - The previous version would distingush between Dead and Feign Death for hunters. WowWiki is down right now for me, but is there a way to add this functionality back? I imagine it is another set of conditional statements, if class = hunter then do this test to see if it is FD instead of Death.

4 - I noticed that certain debuffs are set for classes who can dispel/cure them only. As I often am running hunters in a raid I like to see who is being hit by things such as 'curse' or 'poison' so I can tell them to move or back up. I can edit the files, but is there a way to make the debuffs show up in my list with an option for "disable/enable"?

Thanks again!

Cladhaire 01-02-07 12:11 PM

2. This will be fixed in an update, thanks for the report. Please post this on the issues list, linked in the addon page, otherwise it'll get lost in my list of things to do.

3. Yes, I'll be adding this back in, along with Spirit of Redemption for priests, as a seperate module.

4. You can add any debuffs/buffs you want, as stated in the addon description. Poison, Disease, Magic, and Curse are all valid buff names.

techdavidson 01-02-07 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Actually in the new setup you'll be able to do columns, and rows =)

Coolness, I'm sure you've heard the buzz that squarish targets are easier to whackamole (Clique healing and cleansing FTW).

I'm looking forward to playing with the frame layout options, when they get added, and the Beta is getting installed PRONTO because I can't teach Grid to let me know who is missing Blessing of Kings no matter how many custom buffs I set up.

Gungolf 01-02-07 01:00 PM

Strange... While ag_UnitFrames is showing 38 people in raid (which there actually are), PerfectRaid only shows 31. Are there some kind of filters? The people missing are from different groups, different classes, and within and without range.

Later... A /reloadui updated PerfectRaid to show all people. There must be some indication that PerfectRaid doesn't update the roster.

Mirai 01-02-07 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have no idea if this has been mentioned already, but my PRaid is no updating properly.
The raid opened and the people keep joining, but PRaid just won't add them to the frames.

Here's a screenshot to clarify what I exactly mean.

Cladhaire 01-02-07 01:08 PM

Another addon has to be interfering.. can you try to narrow it down for me?

Mirai 01-02-07 01:14 PM

Uhm yeah alright.

First: It's adding the missing players when I do the reloadUI command.

However:
FuBar_DurabilityFu: enabled
PerfectRaid: enabled
sct: enabled
sctd: enabled
sct_options: enabled
sctd_options: enabled
XRS: enabled
BigWigs: enabled
AutoBar: enabled
otravi_CastingBar: enabled
Nurfed_Utility: enabled
FuBar_MiniClockFu: enabled
FuBar_PerformanceFu: enabled
Ace: enabled
Ace2: enabled
Bartender2: enabled
CooldownCount: enabled
CT_MailMod: enabled
CT_MapMod: enabled
FuBartender2: enabled
FuBar_ClockFu: enabled
FuBar_LockFu: disabled
FuBar_ModMenuTuFu: enabled
FuBar_MoneyFu: enabled
Fubar_PerfectRaidFu: enabled
FuBar_RegenFu: enabled
FuBar_SWStatsFu: enabled
FuBar_ToFu: enabled
FuBar: enabled
FuTextures: enabled
Gatherer: disabled
Nurfed_General: enabled
Nurfed_UnitFrames: enabled
SimpleCombatLog: enabled
Squeenix: enabled
SuperInspect: enabled
SuperInspect_UI: enabled
SW_Stats: enabled
Nurfed_Options: enabled
Nurfed: enabled
oCB: enabled
CT_Core: enabled
HotCandy: enabled
SW_FixLogStrings: enabled

Might be a help, I don't know. Anyway I'll try to help you as much as I can.

uhm...there is no "lock frames" - command, is there? I'm a blind guy so I probably missed it.

^^

:)

Cladhaire 01-02-07 01:22 PM

First, I'm not in the mood for rude people, so I'm taking what you said in jest. PerfectRaid works just fine when its running by itself. I know, I've been in an Alterac Valley coding it for the past week. It would work on a reload, since it gets to refresh everything.

Second, if you aren't willing to help me troubleshoot, then I can't help you. I cannot reproduce your issue, and I'm not installing every addon you have installed to work through the issue.

I'm a very helpful guy, but I can't reproduce the issue, and the addon works just fine. The issue with bars not updating seems to have something to do with the DoTimer issue, but that's different from what you're reporting.

There is no lock command at the moment.

Mirai 01-02-07 01:34 PM

^^ I didn't mean to be rude, I'm sorry.
I really appreciate all the work you are doing and I know you are doing it basically for free.

So if I offended you in any way, I'm sorry.
I can't really help you with troubleshooting since I am absolutly not familiar with lua and WoW coding at all.

All I could say was "It's not updating" and then post you the addons I have installed. The raidleader was moving the people around to get everything set up, when the problem occured the first time. Since then it didn't refresh. By the way just the priests, every other class was cool. Priest is the class I play, but I don't think this matters.

Cladhaire 01-02-07 01:37 PM

All you need to do, is disable addons until the problem is fixed, the try to figure out what addons together is causing the issue. Thats troubleshooting that ONLY you can do, I can't =)

Mirai 01-02-07 01:56 PM

All right I'll do that.

Well at least now I know what troubleshooting is! :D

I'll try to give you some more input tomorrow evening.
Just downloaded it 3 hours ago and that was the first thing I saw.

Cladhaire 01-02-07 02:17 PM

Please update your version of PerfectRaid, I've released an urgent bugfix which may resolve your issues. Thanks for all your help! The DoTimer bug lead me on the right track =)

Itania 01-02-07 02:41 PM

I have an error after loading with the last version :
Interface\Addons\PerfectRaid\Dongle.lua:812: You must call 'RegisterEvent' from a registered Dongle.

However, perfectraid seems to run fine.

Cladhaire 01-02-07 02:46 PM

Are you running Clique? If so, it needs to be updated.

Itania 01-02-07 03:18 PM

Work fine with Clique updated :)

Mirai 01-02-07 04:30 PM

Problem solved.

Thanks Clad.

I'll be bothering you again when I find something else !! :p

Kitami 01-02-07 05:31 PM

In pre 2.x-PRaid debuffs were highlighted with a border around the whole line in PRaid which helped me a lot with debuffing. Will this again be possible in future Versions?

Delvaz 01-02-07 05:33 PM

Any suggestions on how to move the bars fromt he middle of the screen, or what mod could be causing it to not drag?

Delvaz 01-02-07 05:38 PM

disregard previous post, I got it

Trophias 01-02-07 06:49 PM

Hello Cladhaire,

First, I have to say, Awesome mod. I love it.

I know this is a beta version, but I do a slight problem. I have done the command:
/script PerfectRaidDB = {}. I have also reinstalled the mod by taking it out of the addons folder and re-adding it. The problem that I have is that when I do /praid the config menu appears, but nothing is on it. Is this happening to everyone or is it just me being a noob?

IcedEarth 01-02-07 06:56 PM

to answer you Trophias : Update or disable Clique and you'll be able to see the options

And I also got a problem with buffs/debufss, I don't see buffs or missing buffs on the perfect raid frames :/
Does anyone know why ?

Trophias 01-02-07 07:00 PM

Ah yes, I didnt delete and reinstall clique. My fault :/

shadowau 01-02-07 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delvaz
Any suggestions on how to move the bars fromt he middle of the screen, or what mod could be causing it to not drag?

You just gotta click first player :\ probably any player

Dont click "Group 1"

dullfrog 01-02-07 07:51 PM

Please do me a favor for other language users ....

Would you separate all of the words shown in screen into locale file's variables ?
( ie. ... the 'SetText' function's parameter .... )
i cannot follow up your version up work ... for localization ....

plz look around this page

http://wow.somegate.com/topic.php?topic_uid=66988

Cladhaire 01-02-07 08:09 PM

I'm working on it.. its not an easy task. I will accept patches that do just that, just use the format L["English Text Here"]. Then you can run Babelfish.lua and it'll give you the enUS base localisation for us to both alter.

sNaKeEe 01-02-07 08:10 PM

1 column

How do I make it too 1 column

Aznamir 01-02-07 09:05 PM

I've got the latest build (r41), few comments:

1) I'd like to be able to change a format of the HP deficit. I'm used to -xxxx format, would like to change the current xxx / x.xk format.
2) I'd like a different aggro indicator, maybe a '<' to the right from the HP bar or something.
3) Is there any way to lock raid frames to stop them from re-positioning on accidental mouse drags?
4) The config menu does not remember the last used tab, sometimes opens blank.
5) BUff/Debuffs config, was kinda hard to figure out without documentation.
Would be nice to move the Enable/Disable Buff checkboxes to the Buff/Debuff list.

Aznamir 01-02-07 10:40 PM

Few more things:

6) In addition to single column layout I'd love to have even/odd gropings
Current group layout

Even/Odd layout

7) Second range check, Like for paladins healing is 40 yard range, but Cleanse is only 30 yards.

Overall the mod works just fine, no problems whatsoever during last 4 hours in Naxxramus.

Aflat 01-02-07 11:34 PM

I love the new buff config you added. I've been able to add Last Stand and Shadow Form so far with very little effort. Having never played a hunter, I assume Feign puts a buff on the person that I can check for as well.

Just wanted to say thanks, I've missed praid, and glad to have it back.

Harwel 01-03-07 12:55 AM

First off, thanks for bringing back my favorite raid frames. :) The buff/debuff configuration is great! It was very easy to set up Shield Wall and Divine Intervention indicators.

One feature I would love to see added (that hasn't been mentioned, at least that I can see) is the ability to lock the frames. Since I also use Clique, I sometimes accidentally drag the frames around when I'm trying to quickly heal multiple people.

jb3363 01-03-07 01:39 AM

German Translations

I think it's correct:

--Localization.deDE.lua

PerfectRaidLocals = {
["Adding defaults to new profile \"%s\""] = "Adding defaults to new profile \"%s\"",
["Aggro"] = "Aggro",
["Arcane Brilliance"] = "Arkane Brillanz",
["Arcane Intellect"] = "Arkane Intelligenz",
["Blessing of Kings"] = "Segen der K\195\182nige",
["Blessing of Light"] = "Segen des Lichts",
["Blessing of Might"] = "Segen der Macht",
["Blessing of Salvation"] = "Segen der Rettung",
["Blessing of Sanctuary"] = "Segen des Refugiums",
["Blessing of Wisdom"] = "Segen der Weisheit",
["Dead"] = "Tod",
["Divine Spirit"] = "G\195\182ttlicher Willen",
["Fear Ward"] = "Furchtzauberschutz",
["Ghost"] = "Geist",
["Gift of the Wild"] = "Gabe der Wildnis",
["Greater Blessing of Kings"] = "Gro\195\159er Segen der K\195\182nige",
["Greater Blessing of Light"] = "Gro\195\159er Segen des Lichts",
["Greater Blessing of Might"] = "Gro\195\159er Segen der Macht",
["Greater Blessing of Salvation"] = "Gro\195\159er Segen der Rettung",
["Greater Blessing of Sanctuary"] = "Gro\195\159er Segen der Rettung",
["Greater Blessing of Wisdom"] = "Gro\195\159er Segen der Weisheit",
["Healing Touch"] = "Heilende Ber\195\188hrung",
["Healing Wave"] = "Welle der Heilung",
["Holy Light"] = "Heiliges Licht",
["Innervate"] = "Anregen",
["Lesser Heal"] = "Geringes Heilen",
["Mark of the Wild"] = "Mal der Wildnis",
["Mortal Strike"] = "T\195\182dlicher Sto\195\159",
["Offline"] = "Offline",
["Power Infusion"] = "Seele der Macht",
["Power Word: Fortitude"] = "Machtwort: Seelenst\195\164rke",
["Power Word: Shield"] = "Machtwort: Schild",
["Prayer Spirit"] = "Gebet der Willenskraft",
["Prayer of Fortitude"] = "Gebet der Seelenst\195\164rke",
["Prayer of Shadow Protection"] = "Gebet des Schattenschutzes",
["Regrowth"] = "Nachwachsen",
["Rejuvenation"] = "Verj\195\188ngung",
["Renew"] = "Erneuerung",
["STATUS_ARCANEINT"] = "Int",
["STATUS_BLESSINGKINGS"] = "BoK",
["STATUS_BLESSINGLIGHT"] = "BoL",
["STATUS_BLESSINGMIGHT"] = "BoM",
["STATUS_BLESSINGSALVATION"] = "BoS",
["STATUS_BLESSINGSANCTUARY"] = "BoSn",
["STATUS_BLESSINGWISDOM"] = "BoW",
["STATUS_CURSE"] = "Flu",
["STATUS_DISEASE"] = "Kra",
["STATUS_DIVINESPIRIT"] = "Wil",
["STATUS_FEARWARD"] = "Fur",
["STATUS_FORT"] = "K",
["STATUS_INNERVATE"] = "Anr",
["STATUS_MAGIC"] = "Ma",
["STATUS_MORTALSTRIKE"] = "TS",
["STATUS_MOTW"] = "M",
["STATUS_POISON"] = "Gi",
["STATUS_POWERINFUSION"] = "SdM",
["STATUS_PWS"] = "MwS",
["STATUS_REGROWTH"] = "Nw",
["STATUS_REJUV"] = "Vj",
["STATUS_RENEW"] = "Ern",
["STATUS_SHADOWPROT"] = "Sa",
["STATUS_SOULSTONE"] = "Ss",
["STATUS_THORNS"] = "Do",
["STATUS_WEAKENEDSOUL"] = "gS",
["Shadow Protection"] = "Schattenschutz",
["Soulstone Resurrection"] = "Seelenstein-Auferstehung",
["Thorns"] = "Dornen",
["Weakened Soul"] = "Geschw\195\164chte Seele",
}

Dermott 01-03-07 01:54 AM

1 Error in the last lines
must be:

["Weakened Soul"] = "Geschw\195\164chte Seele",

else seems to be just right. Good work :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb3363
I think it's correct:

--Localization.deDE.lua

PerfectRaidLocals = {
["Adding defaults to new profile \"%s\""] = "Adding defaults to new profile \"%s\"",
["Aggro"] = "Aggro",
["Arcane Brilliance"] = "Arkane Brillanz",
["Arcane Intellect"] = "Arkane Intelligenz",
["Blessing of Kings"] = "Segen der K\195\182nige",
["Blessing of Light"] = "Segen des Lichts",
["Blessing of Might"] = "Segen der Macht",
["Blessing of Salvation"] = "Segen der Rettung",
["Blessing of Sanctuary"] = "Segen des Refugiums",
["Blessing of Wisdom"] = "Segen der Weisheit",
["Dead"] = "Tod",
["Divine Spirit"] = "G\195\182ttlicher Willen",
["Fear Ward"] = "Furchtzauberschutz",