WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General WoW Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   WoW Classic (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55837)

JDoubleU00 11-07-17 08:41 PM

WoW Classic

I haven't made it through the virtual ticket yet, but any ideas of addons will be allowed in classic WoW? Maybe too soon to tell. I hope with classic WoW comes a few quality of life improvements (the new character portraits, no bugs from 1.x etc...). I have a hard time playing with the default UI, so I hope I can use addons. Time will tell I guess.

Ammako 11-07-17 09:06 PM

I can't expect them to disallow addons, but I also can't expect them to let addons have as much control as they used to have back then.

Fizzlemizz 11-07-17 09:25 PM

It would be nice if they took the opportunity create a secure yet less prone system for both versions. With no advertised deadlines they have the opportunity to take the time and get it right.

Dolby 11-08-17 11:55 AM

My guess is that they will rebuild vanilla in their current new tech stack (treat it almost like an expansion) and then just reskin the UI to look like the old UI so it will use the same API as live, re-skin the world and use old world geometry, etc. Under the hood is still the new tech stack but using old assets.

I think many of their ops people would quit if they tried to use their old vanilla stack. Trying to support that at scale again would be extremely difficult. It would also add soo much tech debt they worked so hard to remove.

Again thats just my guess.

MunkDev 11-08-17 12:16 PM

I sincerely hope they go with the modern secure execution model and C backend for the UI, so that porting addons to the classic client isn't completely hopeless.

Ammako 11-08-17 01:25 PM

Anyone looking forward to the inevitable influx of people looking for addon help because they can't get old addon releases from 2005 working on Classic?

Fizzlemizz 11-08-17 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammako (Post 325752)
Anyone looking forward to the inevitable influx of people looking for addon help because they can't get old addon releases from 2005 working on Classic?

Or even returning long removed "features" to addons that do work, looking at you pet happiness etc. :).

JDoubleU00 11-08-17 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz (Post 325753)
Or even returning long removed "features" to addons that do work, looking at you pet happiness etc. :).

Having your pet run away is no fun.

Fizzlemizz 11-08-17 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDoubleU00 (Post 325754)
Having your pet run away is no fun.

If I remember correctly, that was pretty much the first comment I heard from a Hunter in-game. I can't repeat the first comment I head ABOUT Hunters in-game :D.

Aftermathhqt 11-09-17 07:26 AM

Classic needs a corner too on the forum!

jeffy162 11-09-17 08:26 AM

Yes it does, and it'll probably get one when it's released (or at least in PTR or beta). :D

JDoubleU00 11-09-17 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz (Post 325757)
If I remember correctly, that was pretty much the first comment I heard from a Hunter in-game. I can't repeat the first comment I head ABOUT Hunters in-game :D.

I have probably said and been that comment at times. Should be interesting when it is released or hits the Beta/PTR.

Thubz 11-10-17 12:55 PM

what i expect is that its gonne have the the same looks and mods as current but then with a lv60 cap, i dont think modders have to worry too much about it besides a few addons to keep ur pet happy and such might make a return... but i didn't watch anything related to next expansion besides trailer and i first wanna see the classic before i jump onit... but thats ofcourse just my opinion/thoughts

P.s. i probeley made alot of english error dont judge tyvm <3