WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OhSnap (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52877)

Deadlyz 11-13-15 04:10 PM

OhSnap

Hi!

My PvP life heavily relies on the OhSnap addon.. and it seems to be bugged!

Sometimes spell alerts don't disappear. Mostly on battlegrounds.

Maybe someone here knows how to fix that?.. I definitey can't do that.

Addon page: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14258-OhSnap.html#info

Phanx 11-14-15 07:01 AM

Well, that download page does say -- in huge neon pink letters across the top, no less -- that it's known to be broken and the author has no interest in fixing it. There's also a comment on the page (2nd one down, from "Penpiddin") with a workaround for the problem you describe.

Otherwise, you might have better luck if you can provide more information about the problem. It's unlikely many people are going to be interested in installing a random broken addon and using it for hours in hopes that a random problem will happen, then trying to debug why it happened. If there's an error message, or even some concrete steps to reproduce the problem, that would require much less time investment to fix....

Deadlyz 11-15-15 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 311770)
Well, that download page does say -- in huge neon pink letters across the top, no less -- that it's known to be broken and the author has no interest in fixing it.

I don't read in neon :(
Quote:

There's also a comment on the page (2nd one down, from "Penpiddin") with a workaround for the problem you describe.

I don't know. Doesn't work for me.
Quote:

It's unlikely many people are going to be interested in installing a random broken addon and using it for hours in hopes that a random problem will happen, then trying to debug why it happened. If there's an error message, or even some concrete steps to reproduce the problem, that would require much less time investment to fix....

No need to use it for hours.. just install and do a BG.

I'm using an obscure Bugger addon and there are no error messages ;)

jeffy162 11-15-15 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadlyz (Post 311795)
I don't read in neon :(
I'm using an obscure Bugger addon and there are no error messages ;)

No "need to read" in neon.

You're using Bugger, but are you using !BugGrabber also? Using one without the other doesn't work.

Deadlyz 11-15-15 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 311800)
No "need to read" in neon.

You're using Bugger, but are you using !BugGrabber also? Using one without the other doesn't work.

Of course! Because I care about my UI.

Phanx 11-15-15 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadlyz (Post 311795)
No need to use it for hours.. just install and do a BG.

Well, I haven't done that since Wrath, and only then to get the holiday achievements that so annoyingly required me to do that, so.... :p

jeffy162 11-15-15 05:52 PM

Ok,ok, was just wondering. Didn't want you to be !BugGrabber-less, and be able to get the bugs that you were looking for. :o

Deadlyz 11-17-15 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 311811)
Ok,ok, was just wondering. Didn't want you to be !BugGrabber-less, and be able to get the bugs that you were looking for. :o

I'll try but the bug doesn't seem to trigger BugGrabber reports.. spell alerts just don't disappear.

Deadlyz 11-22-15 02:35 PM

Ok. So I updated everything in the Ace folder and did several different BGs.

Bug pops on Temple of Kotmogu BG 100% of the time.. but in AB/AV everything is fine.

Bugger caught nothing!

Torhal 11-25-15 01:57 PM

Bugger will only display Lua errors such as attempting to see whether or not 3 is greater than null or trying to grab the value of a field from null. It will not tell you that your code's logic is flawed, unless said logic causes an access violation.

Deadlyz 11-26-15 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 311983)
Bugger will only display Lua errors such as attempting to see whether or not 3 is greater than null or trying to grab the value of a field from null. It will not tell you that your code's logic is flawed, unless said logic causes an access violation.

So the "flawed logic" must be in this part of the addon?

Code:

-- Removes a message from the alert frame
function OhSnap:DelMessage(uid)
    for i=1,#messages do
        if messages[i] == uid then
            table.remove(messages, i)
            self:Update()
            return
        end
    end
end

function OhSnap:Clear()
    table.wipe(messages)
    table.wipe(done)
    table.wipe(targetMsgs)
    SpellAlertFrame:SetScript("OnUpdate",nil)
    self:Update()
end

local function sortFunc(a, b)
    if a.pri == b.pri then
        return a.count < b.count
    else
        return a.pri < b.pri
    end
end

local tempsize = { ["Small"] = {11,"OUTLINE"}, ["Normal"] = {14,"OUTLINE"}, ["Large"] = {18,"OUTLINE"}, ["Huge"] = {24,"THICKOUTLINE"}, }
local function OhSize(size)
        return tempsize[size][1],tempsize[size][2]
end

I only understand the "Removes a message from the alert frame" part.