WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   new version breaks zygor waypoints (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41318)

Solgath 09-01-11 02:40 AM

new version breaks zygor waypoints

just a note, new version of carbonite breaks zygor waypoints if set to use carbonite, tested - using new version, zygor error, no carbonite arrow, roll back to old version of carbonite, no error waypoints work, just thought u might wanna know

Haavok 09-01-11 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solgath (Post 244084)
just a note, new version of carbonite breaks zygor waypoints if set to use carbonite, tested - using new version, zygor error, no carbonite arrow, roll back to old version of carbonite, no error waypoints work, just thought u might wanna know

Can you post a copy of the LUA errors or give us some more information?

carboniteaddon 09-01-11 10:56 AM

Does Zygor use TomTom waypoints or does it say "Carbonite" specifically?

Need the first error message to see what code it is accessing.

Paprika 09-01-11 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon (Post 244103)
Does Zygor use TomTom waypoints or does it say "Carbonite" specifically?Need the first error message to see what code it is accessing.

Latest Zygor-Update:
Quote:

* Carbonite support fixed. No longer relying on its TomTom
imitation, either.
There's a thread over there too, just have a look at the latest post:
http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...-arrow-in-2644
Quote:

Date: 2011-09-01 08:39:00
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua line 3651:
..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Waypoints.lua line 152:
attempt to call method 'TTSTCZXY' (a nil value)
in
..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Waypoints.lua line 152:
in function `setwaypoint'
..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Waypoints.lua line 564:
in function `SetWaypoint'
...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua line 601:
in function `FocusStepUnquiet'
...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua line 579:
in function `FocusStep'
...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua line 440:
in function `SetGuide'
...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua line 339:
in function `OnFirstQuestLogUpdate'
...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua line 3640:
in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3504>

Debug:
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[C]: error()
...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3651: StartupStep()
ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:9:
ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:4

carboniteaddon 09-01-11 02:50 PM

So this update Zygor version is working fine with the latest Carbonite?

Cabby 09-01-11 06:20 PM

No.

Zygor released an update about 24 hours before the latest Carbonite update (4.22). In the Zygor update they fixed a waypoint issue with the old Carbonite (4.21). Now with the newest Carbonite (4.22) there is an error again.

New Carbonite (4.22) now gives the error shown in post 4.

carboniteaddon 09-01-11 06:36 PM

I'll fix it for the next version, unless Zygor fixes it first.

Hint:
Nx:TTSCW should be the function they need to call. It was renamed when I updated the TomTom emulation. It is equivalent to TomTom:SetCustomWaypoint.

Cabby 09-01-11 10:23 PM

I'll make sure to let the Zygor team know about the different name in Carbonite. I don't think you have to worry about changing anything if it's just a simple name difference.

Cabby 09-02-11 06:44 AM

Just a quick update for you. A member on the Zygor forums found that if we used the Nx:TTSCW for the call it didn't display distance, heading, ETA but if the Nx:TTAZW was used for the call then everything worked as intended. I'm sure Zygor will have this fix in his next update so you can just plug away at other improvements for Carbonite and not worry about the Zygor problem.

Here's a link to the post on the Zygor forum with the fix to the Waypoint.lua file for anyone that want to edit their file until Zygor releases the update. http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post65837

carboniteaddon 09-02-11 01:05 PM

TTSCW just calls TTAZW anyway, but does not have a description parameter.

TTAZW is the same as the TomTom function AddZWaypoint.

id = TomTom:AddZWaypoint (c, z, x, y, desc, persistent, minimap, world, callbacks, silent, crazy)

persistent, minimap, world, silent and crazy are ignored.
callbacks is optional.

mjumnito 09-02-11 02:22 PM

I was the one that posted the fix on the Zygor site. the no description was the problem that i ran into when trying to fix the waypoint, personally i like the description to say where its going. i tried the call you pointed out carbonite but it didnt give the description as to where the guide was pointing to, which is why i used the TTAZW call directly.

Call it a quick fix so you dont have to worry about adding another pram and the zygor team could implement it easy without having to rewrite a whole section of code to include said description.:D

Both of you guys make great addons, and together the awsomeness can't be matched ;)